Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6030 6031 [6032] 6033 6034 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455669 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90465 on: November 20, 2015, 09:06:18 am »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:04:33 am by penguinofhonor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90466 on: November 20, 2015, 12:23:53 pm »

That's one of the reasons I enjoy it, I'm often not sure how deep the pisstake goes either.

Given that the latter part focused heavily on Randy as the example of someone who falls for the ads, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was also aimed at people who lambast online media and advertisements for click-baiting--he's pretty much their poster boy for outrageously poor decision-making and self-control.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90467 on: November 20, 2015, 04:00:15 pm »

Damnit, one of the few days I need to use my cell phone and its dead.  Doesn't help that most of the chargers are not working.  What I get for leaving random apps minimized on the damned thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90468 on: November 20, 2015, 04:06:09 pm »

If submerging in cold salt water doesn't work straight away, you could try upping the concentration: Add just a tiny bit of cold water to some salt to make it gel-like and rub that on the stain.
Also while hydrogen peroxide is bad at sanitization, it is absolutely wonderful at removing blood stains from white fabric (it's not guaranteed color safe, so I'd avoid it on colored material if possible). I've used it several times to remove bloodstains from white shirts or stuffed animals when I was smaller.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90469 on: November 20, 2015, 04:09:24 pm »

I saw something saying that a while ago and immediately ruled it out for cleaning a deep green shirt. :P The stuff is basically a bleach, AFAIK.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90470 on: November 20, 2015, 04:10:48 pm »

I saw something saying that a while ago and immediately ruled it out for cleaning a deep green shirt. :P The stuff is basically a bleach, AFAIK.
It works a bit better than bleach for removing some types of stains (since it's actually removing the stuff from the fabric rather than essentially lightening the color till you can't see it anymore) but yeah, it's effect on colored clothing is pretty similar. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90471 on: November 20, 2015, 04:11:57 pm »

I cannot open facebook on my phone anymore. It does nothing, flashes the screen black after a while, then returns control to me.

What's weirder is that fb isn't anywhere to be found in application management. Yet it's there in the apps library, I'm not getting a dead shortcut error or anything.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90472 on: November 20, 2015, 04:12:31 pm »

Try uninstall/reinstall?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90473 on: November 20, 2015, 04:24:30 pm »

I updated, it works again and shows up where it should.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90474 on: November 20, 2015, 07:04:48 pm »

Ok I have to ask

In Pollyanna the woman of the estate sends "Gifts" to many people in town which is usually of jams and other preserves.

I know that it is charity and that many people in the town are poor (sort of... some don't seem all that bad off)

But why are they so poor? what happened?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90475 on: November 20, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »

Capitalism happened, probably.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90476 on: November 20, 2015, 07:19:53 pm »

Capitalism happened, probably.

So basically it was a self-sustained town that got hit when the economy was built up? So they no longer could support themselves effectively?

---

Ok so I was Watching Pollyanna and one old woman was giving her this REALLY terrible speel about being appreciative for being taken in after her father died and I was like "Wow, what a condescending and horrible thing to say." I was watching as she just says "yes mam" because that is all she could do over and over again. Goodness is being a child terrible.

So I looked up why we speak down to children to such an extent... and after looking through a lot of stuff... I got this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xio4mOXu3Y

Just watch it... it is the creepiest video I've seen.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:25:32 pm by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90477 on: November 20, 2015, 07:25:48 pm »

Sounds pretty standard.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90478 on: November 20, 2015, 07:41:29 pm »

My eye is still fucking up. It looks like there's more blood than sclera (thank you Google, that better be the right word) in there at this point.
Maybe I actually should see a doctor after all. I've noticed having the eye closed causes discomfort, too, which is probably gonna make sleeping problematic. That's probably why I woke up at a reasonable hour this morning in the first place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #90479 on: November 20, 2015, 07:44:40 pm »

When your eyes vomit blood it may be time to see a doctor
Pages: 1 ... 6030 6031 [6032] 6033 6034 ... 11040