Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6029 6030 [6031] 6032 6033 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453628 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90450 on: November 20, 2015, 05:52:18 am »

Just got an ad for a detergent called Oxiclean, claiming how great it is for removing bloodstains. I uhh...
I don't actually think it is all that suspicious, they are supposed to be good at removing stains.  They just picked a weird one to brag about.

Yeah like guns that specifically state they are finger print resistant.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90451 on: November 20, 2015, 06:09:56 am »

Uh, blood stains happen fairly frequently, especially with kids around... Nosebleeds, cuts, abrasions, hell, periods probably are a major source of 'em as well. And blood is notoriously hard to get out, so it's a sensible thing to brag about.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #90452 on: November 20, 2015, 06:19:54 am »

Or anyone who regularly works with bulk raw meat. I have so mant blood-spotted shirts.

Or anyone who works with cardboard cartons. SO MANY PAPERCUTS.

That's actually pretty handy, as someone who works with very thin metal on a regular basis. I think I've ruined two or three shirts like that, because even if you go through the full steps of washing it in cold water, and so on, it often leaves a light brown mark anyway.

Tried soaking the area in cold salt water? It always works for me.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90453 on: November 20, 2015, 06:22:07 am »

That's actually pretty handy, as someone who works with very thin metal on a regular basis. I think I've ruined two or three shirts like that, because even if you go through the full steps of washing it in cold water, and so on, it often leaves a light brown mark anyway.

Tried soaking the area in cold salt water? It always works for me.

I'll try that for next time. I think I've been able to wash out quite a few bloodstains, but it's a pain on white shirts, because the slightest stain will show up.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #90454 on: November 20, 2015, 06:27:10 am »

I'll grant you there are plenty of legitimate reasons to need bloodstain removal, it just struck me as very strange, and unusual as a topic for advertising, which is frequently built around the most innocuous topics possible.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #90455 on: November 20, 2015, 06:28:07 am »

If submerging in cold salt water doesn't work straight away, you could try upping the concentration: Add just a tiny bit of cold water to some salt to make it gel-like and rub that on the stain.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90456 on: November 20, 2015, 06:28:53 am »

If submerging in cold salt water doesn't work straight away, you could try upping the concentration: Add just a tiny bit of cold water to some salt to make it gel-like and rub that on the stain.

Your advice and your sig conflict D:

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90457 on: November 20, 2015, 06:36:09 am »

One cannot unsalt thyself without salt! They don't conflict too badly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #90458 on: November 20, 2015, 06:37:21 am »

No, they don't. Unsalt thyself, then put the salt to use by using washing thy shirt with it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90459 on: November 20, 2015, 06:56:56 am »

I'll grant you there are plenty of legitimate reasons to need bloodstain removal, it just struck me as very strange, and unusual as a topic for advertising, which is frequently built around the most innocuous topics possible.
Advertising is all about the biggest draw. For a lot of products, innocuous topics do that well because they don't make anyone uncomfortable or offended, but when the specific need people are looking for isn't neat and clean, the ad for the product to deal with it won't be either. For a few other examples, Anti-mouse poison is sold by suggesting that you'll have a lot of mouse corpses to clean up, and Raid's slogan is Kills. Bugs. Dead. The only exceptions to this are subjects that legally can't be addressed directly because they deal with reproductive or excretory functions.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:30:00 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90460 on: November 20, 2015, 07:08:45 am »

So did South Park forget that newspapers were always full of ads and BS stories even before internet news?

The latest episode seems a lot like "Things were better in my day" while wearing huge rose tinted glasses.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #90461 on: November 20, 2015, 07:17:12 am »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:05:11 am by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90462 on: November 20, 2015, 07:18:45 am »

I'm pretty sure South Park only exists at this point to give people fuel for shitty online arguments.

... True.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90463 on: November 20, 2015, 07:21:41 am »

Honestly? That episode was more about people becoming less discerning and less capable of critical thinking. The whole tongue-in-cheek casting of Jimmy as The Chosen One because of his ability to tell the difference between ads and articles or ads and people, and the repeated lines about people clicking obvious ads &c., was about as blatant as these things get.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90464 on: November 20, 2015, 08:52:21 am »

Honestly? That episode was more about people becoming less discerning and less capable of critical thinking. The whole tongue-in-cheek casting of Jimmy as The Chosen One because of his ability to tell the difference between ads and articles or ads and people, and the repeated lines about people clicking obvious ads &c., was about as blatant as these things get.

did the kitchen spambot make an appearance?
Pages: 1 ... 6029 6030 [6031] 6032 6033 ... 11040