Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6027 6028 [6029] 6030 6031 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453410 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90420 on: November 19, 2015, 07:23:20 pm »

I hadn't played with the Mega Man X Collection since I beat X5 a while back, so I decided to try and do X6. I loved the others, but this one sucks really bad. The level design is positively atrocious, and the bosses are unbalanced as fuck. Some of them can be beaten by just standing in place and shooting without even bothering to dodge their attacks, and others require a huge amount of effort to beat. Also, it was riddled with Engrish which they didn't bother fixing in the Collection because Capcom decided to remove X6's new script and a multitude of improvements for the other games at the last second so they could release the improved games as seperate products instead to make more $$$, which they never did. But it was okay. I didn't have a horrible time playing it, even with the rampant artificial difficulty and crappy design choices. That was before I got to the first of the final stages, Gate's Laboratory. This fucking stage is the most bullshit thing I have ever seen in a game. The very first obstacle you encounter is a giant vertical passage, completely lined with spikes. There are platforms protruding from the sides of the tube-thing which you must jump on to climb up the passage. However, these also have spikes on the side of them and are grouped so damn close together that it's seemingly impossible to jump through the gaps between them to advance without hitting the spikes and insta-dying, especially since the collisions for spikes suck so bad that you don't even have to touch them to die. From what I've seen, there are at least 4 platforms (I haven't seen above that) whereas I have only been able to climb one or sometimes 2.

How the hell did Capcom manage to make a game so devoid of common sense? Did someone seriously test out all of the BS moments in the game and think "Yeah, that seems awright"?

EDIT: THIS GAME HAS AN 8/10 ON IGN

Capcom rushed the release.  If you've noticed the localization is kind of rubbish.  Also, one of the last levels is impossible to finish if you have that armor that can walk on spikes since you can't dash in mid-air.

It's a decent game overall, but the X1-X5 are clearly better.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90421 on: November 19, 2015, 08:11:26 pm »

Oh Capcom... we have an history she and I... dino crisis 3, a blazing fiasco.... operation Raccoon City... what could have been a brilliant game, nothing but rubbish... outbreak files, the game with most potential and a lot of appealing, forsaken to root... and ditching the survival genre over pew pew bang bang....

They lift your spirit, only to watch it burn as they throw it into the abyss while cackling maniacally.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #90422 on: November 19, 2015, 09:09:46 pm »

I tutor. A couple of them have been cheating....

So I secretly gave two versions of the practice test and the answers are all exactly opposites or one offs. Example, version I will have question 1 be true but version II will have question 1 be false. Or, Version I will have C be the answer and Version II will have D be the answer....

Low and behold.... It's a god damn work of art if I do say so myself. I think I'll call it "copying on the slant," because wouldn't you know it, all the answers are one over on the cheaty one's answer sheet.... :) It's as if he was just looking at the other one's sheet if I didn't know better.... It's a lesser Christmas Miracle.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:11:21 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #90423 on: November 19, 2015, 09:41:03 pm »

That's glorious.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90424 on: November 19, 2015, 10:07:41 pm »

That's actually kinda brilliant for figuring out who's playing which role.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90425 on: November 19, 2015, 10:08:38 pm »

That's actually kinda brilliant for figuring out who's playing which role.
Much awesomes are to be had, methinks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90426 on: November 19, 2015, 10:10:06 pm »

It's like they don't even care that they're wasting time and money with tutorage if they're going to cheat.
"Oh wow I really need to be better at this thing, better not learn the stuff and fake being good at it instead."

EDIT: Oh and since I've seen it around a bit, it's "lo", not "low."
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90427 on: November 19, 2015, 10:17:19 pm »

It's like they don't even care that they're wasting time and money with tutorage if they're going to cheat.
"Oh wow I really need to be better at this thing, better not learn the stuff and fake being good at it instead."

EDIT: Oh and since I've seen it around a bit, it's "lo", not "low."
Lo and behold, a person who said what I was thinking about saying.  And got the spelling of 'lo' right.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90428 on: November 19, 2015, 10:19:36 pm »

Woe and beheld the pedantrie
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90429 on: November 19, 2015, 10:21:34 pm »

Woe and beheld the pedantrie
I SHALL MELT YOUR BRAIN.
Sigtext

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90430 on: November 19, 2015, 10:48:50 pm »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90431 on: November 19, 2015, 10:55:12 pm »

Oh yeah, I found out there's an ISIS sympathiser goes to the same college I do. She reckons that Sharia law is the best and most fair way to treat women, specifically.
I don't understand how some people think at all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90432 on: November 19, 2015, 10:56:24 pm »

interesting article, also, ISIS has a magazine?!

It's pretty well put together.

I sort of want to print off a copy, so I can casually read it in a dentist's office or something.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90433 on: November 19, 2015, 11:14:40 pm »

Oh yeah, I found out there's an ISIS sympathiser goes to the same college I do. She reckons that Sharia law is the best and most fair way to treat women, specifically.
I don't understand how some people think at all.

Yeah all those Islamic theocracies and dictatorships have such wonderful records when it comes to women's rights.  Must be great being treated as chattel and being covered by a dark blanket all day, every day.  Maybe it's some weird, repressed sexual thing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #90434 on: November 19, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »

Most people like that I've found in the West fall into one of two categories:

-Islamic reconstructionists.

-Degenerate leftists who have reframed their lust for exotic foreigners into supporting everything that fundamentally undermines the common values of their own society.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 6027 6028 [6029] 6030 6031 ... 11040