Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6026 6027 [6028] 6029 6030 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450741 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90405 on: November 19, 2015, 11:23:12 am »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90406 on: November 19, 2015, 11:28:58 am »

EDIT: someone thought DETERMINATION could be an acronym

i came up with "Death, Entropy, Time, Ennui: Really Morbid Ideas. Not Abject Terror, Internally, Only Nihilism"

that seems inappropriate somehow
That sounds like a fantastic game.

Sounds like a japanese light novel series that gets adapted into a two season anime.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90407 on: November 19, 2015, 11:34:15 am »

http://www.peachpundit.com/2015/11/18/secretary-of-state-released-names-and-all-identifying-info-on-6-1-million-voters/

Bad news for Georgian (the state) citizens...

What the infinite hell.

Looks like georgia is about to suffer an extreme spike in crimes involving identity theft.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:37:51 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #90408 on: November 19, 2015, 01:03:43 pm »

Google has a really long memory.

I searched for DIY Handbook in the C:DDA wiki for a recipe like a month ago and theyre putting in DIY videos on my youtube thingy.

>:( Theyve also removed my subscribers bar so I have to do extra work to get to it.  Do they think Ill watch more of their crap suggested videos that way?

Ive been getting ads for Thai dating sites because I had an argument over how acceptable it it to sackcheck when in Thai bars in the Navy.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90409 on: November 19, 2015, 05:03:08 pm »

A few weeks ago, I was price-matching printers online. The base model I was using for comparison was on sale at Best Buy (who I have a rewards account with), and because of HP silliness I could only see the sale price if I added it to the cart. So I added it, checked the price, and removed it.

I get at least one "YOU LEFT SOMETHING IN YOUR CART! MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER TO BUY IT!" email from Best Buy per day now, yet when I check my cart it is still empty.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #90410 on: November 19, 2015, 05:14:23 pm »

Go back, stick something in, then pull it back out? Maybe that will fix your cart problems.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90411 on: November 19, 2015, 05:20:17 pm »

The mystery deepens. When I add something, the cart goes from 0 items to 2, but only the item I just added is there. When I remove it, it goes back to zero.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90412 on: November 19, 2015, 05:22:59 pm »

Sounds like you price checked a haunted printer.

Both the photocopiers at work have poltergeists in them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90413 on: November 19, 2015, 05:30:24 pm »

EDIT: someone thought DETERMINATION could be an acronym

i came up with "Death, Entropy, Time, Ennui: Really Morbid Ideas. Not Abject Terror, Internally, Only Nihilism"

that seems inappropriate somehow
That sounds like a fantastic game.
Sounds like a japanese light novel series that gets adapted into a two season anime.
Nah, we already did Oregairu.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90414 on: November 19, 2015, 05:51:10 pm »

Just received a mail advertisement trying to get me to buy cultured black pearls and have them delivered.

Normally, I only get this kind of thing if I've ordered something from them before. For example, I still receive yearly catalogs from PBS because of a Christmas gift I bought for my now-ex girlfriend. Except I never ordered any kind of jewelry before.

...It's not a particularly expensive necklace, and it looks rather nice. But I have nobody to actually buy such things for.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #90415 on: November 19, 2015, 06:11:01 pm »

I hadn't played with the Mega Man X Collection since I beat X5 a while back, so I decided to try and do X6. I loved the others, but this one sucks really bad. The level design is positively atrocious, and the bosses are unbalanced as fuck. Some of them can be beaten by just standing in place and shooting without even bothering to dodge their attacks, and others require a huge amount of effort to beat. Also, it was riddled with Engrish which they didn't bother fixing in the Collection because Capcom decided to remove X6's new script and a multitude of improvements for the other games at the last second so they could release the improved games as seperate products instead to make more $$$, which they never did. But it was okay. I didn't have a horrible time playing it, even with the rampant artificial difficulty and crappy design choices. That was before I got to the first of the final stages, Gate's Laboratory. This fucking stage is the most bullshit thing I have ever seen in a game. The very first obstacle you encounter is a giant vertical passage, completely lined with spikes. There are platforms protruding from the sides of the tube-thing which you must jump on to climb up the passage. However, these also have spikes on the side of them and are grouped so damn close together that it's seemingly impossible to jump through the gaps between them to advance without hitting the spikes and insta-dying, especially since the collisions for spikes suck so bad that you don't even have to touch them to die. From what I've seen, there are at least 4 platforms (I haven't seen above that) whereas I have only been able to climb one or sometimes 2.

How the hell did Capcom manage to make a game so devoid of common sense? Did someone seriously test out all of the BS moments in the game and think "Yeah, that seems awright"?

EDIT: THIS GAME HAS AN 8/10 ON IGN
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:15:24 pm by IronTomato »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90416 on: November 19, 2015, 06:14:13 pm »

Blame Harold.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #90417 on: November 19, 2015, 06:21:23 pm »

There's a fake news website, which takes on a news-like name, and then comes up with funny articles.
This one's about Miley Cyrus dying.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90418 on: November 19, 2015, 06:47:23 pm »

There's a fake news website, which takes on a news-like name, and then comes up with funny articles.
This one's about Miley Cyrus dying.

I just choked drinking this glass of water when I saw the one about the guy in a walmart parking lot.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #90419 on: November 19, 2015, 06:49:26 pm »

TIL: the author of SMBC is two years older than xkcd's. If anything, I'd be guessing completely backwards from that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6026 6027 [6028] 6029 6030 ... 11040