Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6016 6017 [6018] 6019 6020 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451350 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Tired, I don't Know What I'm Saying
« Reply #90255 on: November 18, 2015, 08:23:35 am »

I should get weighted sheets for my bed, it's too warm for multiple sheets but at the same time I don't like going to sleep without some pressure.
Dunno why I decided to share that, but there you go.

I have the same problem. I cannot sleep unless I'm under quite heavy covers. If I'm lying on top, I feel incredibly exposed and uncomfortable, almost like I'm lying on a hospital bed. If it's too warm to have covers, I'll leave the window open with a fan blowing the air in so that it cools down enough; that's how much it drives me crazy to be without blankets and comforters.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90256 on: November 18, 2015, 08:50:38 am »

Had about  a cup and a 1/2th of whiskey in order to see what its like to be drunk (basically, got whiskey for mom for a hot tottie, rest is left over, so experiment time: I basically don't drink otherwise.  Man its kinda hard to type this out).  Whiskey itself tasted like shit.  So far, its like I've got two minds: a shitty, tipsy one that mis-estimates things like how far to put the cup to drink the water and another one thats like "Ok, heres the procedure to follow to not fuck up".   Interesting experience but man, honestly with how terrible the alchohol tastes and how shitty this is, I don't think its something to make a habit of.  Probably still absorbing alcohol from the whiskey and getting drunker- drinking water and fixing something to eat now to take some of the edge off.
Why did you go straight for liquor anyway? Liquor sucks. Go get some cider instead - it tastes like the adult version of apple juice. And drink in moderation: One and a half cups of liquor, presumably in a very short time, is waaaay too much to start with. Stick with half a liter to a liter of a 5% beverage. And drink in company! Alcohol is a social drug, being drunk all alone is just a shitty experience. You'll notice that if you get drunk together with others and are having a good time already then alcohol will serve to enhance that. If on the other hand you're having a shitty time and don't really like the atmosphere, stay away from the alcohol - it will just enhance the shittiness. The main event always is the social interaction, not the drinking.

Finally, a more abstract thing: Don't drink to be drunk. Drink to get drunk, and to get drunk at a moderate pace. As the Taoists say: The journey is the destination. Drunkenness should just be a side effect of drinking in company.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90257 on: November 18, 2015, 09:01:16 am »

Yeah liquor tastes gross even as someone who used to drink it fairly regularly.  That's why people mix it with stuff.  Heck I often mixed it with plain water (grog!), at least to get started.  (expensive liquors can taste alright in shots, but meh.  Sort of thing I did once with friends, don't need to repeat.  Too pricey)

As for drinking to get drunk, it can be fun, but you gotta be careful about it and it's often borrowing fun from your future.  Drinking in moderation to make social interaction easier is the healthiest plan.

Cider is pretty great, too sweet for me to drink a lot of but it tastes good.  Apples best fruit.
I did some of my best writing and coding while *very* slowly sipping red wine, back in the day.  It can taste really good too, and cheaper than beer (per alcohols).

Making a mixed drink with liquor is the most cost effective, and can taste okay, but eh.  Seems like if it tastes good, it would have tasted good without the liquor.  I always end up drinking liquor straight after a couple glasses, which is playing with fire(water).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90258 on: November 18, 2015, 09:16:04 am »

Go get some cider instead - it tastes like the adult version of apple juice.

Protip: no it doesn't. It tastes like alcohol with a hint of apple. Basically the only drinks I've found that don't taste overpoweringly of alcohol are those containing flavors that are more overpowering like grapefruit or blood orange.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90259 on: November 18, 2015, 09:16:22 am »

It's red.
Black lives matter.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90260 on: November 18, 2015, 09:25:10 am »

Protip: no it doesn't. It tastes like alcohol with a hint of apple. Basically the only drinks I've found that don't taste overpoweringly of alcohol are those containing flavors that are more overpowering like grapefruit or blood orange.

At a guess, it depends heavily on the cider. And possibly the drinker. Since I doubt Helgo would straight-up lie about how he thinks it tastes.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90261 on: November 18, 2015, 09:43:57 am »

To the non-drinker, the taste of alcohol is overwhelming because it is utterly alien - most people rarely taste it until they deliberately seek it, and thus it stands out powerfully. Much the same effect can be acquired by eating ethnically different food than you're used to - all you're going to taste are the unfamiliar spices. Once you get used to the taste, it effectively vanishes.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90262 on: November 18, 2015, 10:07:41 am »

One of my friends swears that apple cider tastes like apple flavoured vodka, while I'm pretty ok with it. I don't really like liquor myself (never understood the whole fascination with whisky, bleh, enjoy your delicious taste of burnt wood and old mouthwash), I'm more of a wine person (DELISHUS MOSCATO) or stuff mixed with liquor. Also, never understood why people seem to love tequila so much.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90263 on: November 18, 2015, 10:28:08 am »

At a guess, it depends heavily on the cider. And possibly the drinker. Since I doubt Helgo would straight-up lie about how he thinks it tastes.

Yeah, have a correction: Shit cider tastes like apple-flavored alcohol. Good cider tastes like juice with a nice kick to it. Good cider is a nice mid-day or meal drink, shit cider is a good thing to mix with cheap liquor and get drunk on.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #90264 on: November 18, 2015, 10:49:26 am »

Apple Pie is like the better version of hard cider. Mix apple juice and apple cider and cinnamon sticks, put it on heat and simmer it down, then dump a whole bunch of grain alcohol into it. If you do it right, you won't even taste the alcohol, it'll taste better, and you'll get drunk faster.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90265 on: November 18, 2015, 11:18:17 am »

How is getting drunk faster an advantage?

To clarify, I was referring to the type of cider containing about five percent of alcohol and at least a moderate amount of CO2. If even that is too much alcohol for your tastes, switch to the French version, cidre - that stuff is even milder, and usually contains between two and four percent of alcohol.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90266 on: November 18, 2015, 11:19:34 am »

Misread cider as Cinder for a second.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90267 on: November 18, 2015, 11:22:32 am »

It would be quite impressive if Cinder contained five percent alcohol by weight. Hell, that would probably mean that half of his blood has been replaced by pure ethanol :D
The Bay12 postcard club

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90268 on: November 18, 2015, 11:27:49 am »

It would be quite impressive if Cinder contained five percent alcohol by weight. Hell, that would probably mean that half of his blood has been replaced by pure ethanol :D

I just realised I have all the info I needed to fact check this memorised (except exact details on Cinder, but those can be guessed :P). This is what biology has made of me. Whyyy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90269 on: November 18, 2015, 11:30:34 am »

Hey, what do you need? About six to seven liters of blood in a human, blood's (and ethanol's) density is approximately that of water... Plug in a rough estimate of mCinder and Bob's your uncle!
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 6016 6017 [6018] 6019 6020 ... 11040