Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6015 6016 [6017] 6018 6019 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449145 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90240 on: November 17, 2015, 09:09:24 pm »

Business Insider IP banned me a while back because in the comments on every article I complained about how bad Business Insider is.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #90241 on: November 17, 2015, 09:21:41 pm »

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-i-regret-paying-off-my-mortgage-in-2-years-2015-11

This guy needs dropped off in the worst neighborhood imaginable after dark if he's going to complain like this.... Then he can figure out how good he has it.

Now I know you are thinking, "Poor little Todd. His house is paid for and his investments doubled. Woe is me! My heart bleeds for you." It's a great situation, admittedly. But here's the problem.
I just spent the last year tying up a fat pile of cash into a piece of real estate. I suddenly woke up to the reality that all the money that went to paying off the house would have been sitting in my investment account instead.

And it would be worth twice as much as that darn house. It would have doubled!

Instead, it was tied up in home equity that was barely going nowhere.

The undeniable financial reality is that I left a fortune on the table by paying off my debt. I would have been far better off carrying the debt with a normal 30 year fixed rate mortgage and investing the surplus. Assuming a $150,000 first mortgage, I was $150,000 poorer than if I had just carried the loan like every other indebted American.

His money only doubled instead of quadrupled, i cri evertim

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #90242 on: November 17, 2015, 10:21:55 pm »

#firstworldproblems
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90243 on: November 17, 2015, 10:24:24 pm »

Pretty sure there's only like 1% of people in the first world who are upset about this sort of thing
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #90244 on: November 17, 2015, 10:31:37 pm »

the wind here holy crap

this house is way more crickety than I'm used to, too

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90245 on: November 17, 2015, 10:31:43 pm »

Yeah, first world problems are having to read dumb articles. :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90246 on: November 17, 2015, 10:49:22 pm »

the wind here holy crap

this house is way more crickety than I'm used to, too
*chirp*

*chirp*
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90247 on: November 17, 2015, 11:54:40 pm »

Same story over here. Wind is terrible.

What's stupid, is that even though we're living off the grid, our damn generator doesn't work! Must have gotten smacked with a bit of debris? Drive home was mile after mile of roads choked with crap blown in from fields and forests.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #90248 on: November 17, 2015, 11:55:29 pm »

Same story over here. Wind is terrible.

What's stupid, is that even though we're living off the grid, our damn generator doesn't work! Must have gotten smacked with a bit of debris? Drive home was mile after mile of roads choked with crap blown in from fields and forests.

tri-cities area got an advisory... uh, that's a pretty friggin wide area of wind, huh

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #90249 on: November 18, 2015, 02:24:35 am »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #90250 on: November 18, 2015, 02:37:13 am »

Huh. That makes me a little nostalgic. It's been years since I last saw that page
It's FEF, not FEOF

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90251 on: November 18, 2015, 03:41:08 am »

I've seen that a bunch of times, but never any monkeys. I wonder if there even are any monkeys? It's kind of an outlandish claim to begin with, and that "information" is basically indistinguishable from random bits. I mean, it's almost as though we can't believe everything the Internet tells us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #90252 on: November 18, 2015, 04:48:04 am »

My dream included mashups of towns and villages I've been to, friends and family who never met each other but were there, some wierd party at my uncles place with me being weird about it for some reason, also vegetarian pizza. Then it gets fuzzy and I'm not sure if I went to sleep at the party or what exactly happened but suddenly there was superhero talk or something and I remember going about ancient high tech tunnels and looking for anomalies or something with one of the MLP charachters, there was also this kinda douche armored guy who'd come in occasionally to berate us for something. Also my cousin was with us, and we could shapeshift into dogs or something to sneak past people (namely the armored bloke who didn't want us snooping around certain places). This is all in the same mashup place from before, except it has some new city features too. So anyways, I decide to go against the armored dude warnings and snoop around this one tunnel that was hella interesting to me for some reason. As it turns out the MLP charachter was tasked with keeping me busy so I wouldn't find out about their revolution or something and now has to kill me, somehow I escape, armored bloke is dead and I'm at some HQ or something talking to the MLP thing and trying to get them to see reason. It doesn't work out so me and my cousin (who is suddenly here again) start walking down, collecting Smarties and random puzzles and shit as we go, the MLP thing throws a fit for some reason at which point I threaten to summon the gods to judge it or something, it gets a bit scared but then I just have to go and ask: "So how do you summon them, I only watched this show for the past three episodes, I have no idea how things work."

I think I woke up that point because it got way too weird :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Tired, I don't Know What I'm Saying
« Reply #90253 on: November 18, 2015, 06:06:36 am »

I should get weighted sheets for my bed, it's too warm for multiple sheets but at the same time I don't like going to sleep without some pressure.
Dunno why I decided to share that, but there you go.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90254 on: November 18, 2015, 06:10:16 am »

I've seen that a bunch of times, but never any monkeys. I wonder if there even are any monkeys? It's kind of an outlandish claim to begin with, and that "information" is basically indistinguishable from random bits. I mean, it's almost as though we can't believe everything the Internet tells us.

Bro, do you even monkeys?

... and in an actual WTF? I found out that Kikkoman soy sauce just announced they will no longer use animals to test the safety of their products. An effing soy sauce company does animal testing ...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:13:18 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 6015 6016 [6017] 6018 6019 ... 11040