Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6014 6015 [6016] 6017 6018 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449350 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90225 on: November 17, 2015, 11:38:45 am »

Ohhh man, my eye is malfunctioning.
It's really bloodshot. Earlier today when I first noticed it it was already pretty bad, but at least mostly concentrated in one place... now it's pretty much just red. No, I haven't done any drugs that could be to blame. It's as though someone or something poked me in the eye with a decent amount of force, but I can't remember anything like that happening... heck, I haven't even been going to bed particularly late the past couple of nights, since I've needed to get up early for work.

Well, apart from tonight/last night, anyway, since yesterday was my last day of work for the week. I probably made it worse.

Maybe I have some sort of infection, but I've had eye infections before and none were like this as far as I can remember.
At least it's my left eye, which I believe is the weaker one... and if it falls out I can wear an eyepatch and drink rum and be a pirate and suchlike.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it kinda hurts. Owie.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:40:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90226 on: November 17, 2015, 11:47:02 am »

Maybe you clocked your head on something while you were a) hammered b) sleepy c) hammered and sleepy d) all of the above?

Every now and then my eyes just flip out on me though, so it's probably fairly normal. Except that in my case it makes me look like a heavy drinker and I've barely touched a drop in my life.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90227 on: November 17, 2015, 11:50:43 am »

I hate how old tv programs are unavailable for anyone interested.

Discovery Channel How Stuff Works, History Channel Mail Call and Conquest... it just bust my balls.

I mean, they should at least be online or something in their respective networks.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90228 on: November 17, 2015, 11:54:21 am »

Maybe you clocked your head on something while you were a) hammered b) sleepy c) hammered and sleepy d) all of the above?

Every now and then my eyes just flip out on me though, so it's probably fairly normal. Except that in my case it makes me look like a heavy drinker and I've barely touched a drop in my life.
Unless said clock was traumatic enough to cause memory loss, I don't believe anything of the sort has happened.
I haven't even been hammered or particularly sleepy in quite some time. Maybe I just haven't been getting enough sleep, or maybe I slept in a weird position with a bit of pillow pressing against my eye? I didn't notice anything until today at work, though, and while I had been using my eye quite a bit, I was using it as a seeing-head-orb, not as a ping pong ball or a table leveller. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90229 on: November 17, 2015, 11:56:46 am »

Ohhh man, my eye is malfunctioning.
It's really bloodshot. Earlier today when I first noticed it it was already pretty bad, but at least mostly concentrated in one place... now it's pretty much just red. No, I haven't done any drugs that could be to blame. It's as though someone or something poked me in the eye with a decent amount of force, but I can't remember anything like that happening... heck, I haven't even been going to bed particularly late the past couple of nights, since I've needed to get up early for work.

Well, apart from tonight/last night, anyway, since yesterday was my last day of work for the week. I probably made it worse.

Maybe I have some sort of infection, but I've had eye infections before and none were like this as far as I can remember.
At least it's my left eye, which I believe is the weaker one... and if it falls out I can wear an eyepatch and drink rum and be a pirate and suchlike.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it kinda hurts. Owie.

Sounds like an eye infection to me. I had one ages ago where my eye went super-bloodshot and it was watering so much I was pretty much blinded. Go to a doctor. If it's an infection they can give you some eye drops for it which will clear it up.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90230 on: November 17, 2015, 12:04:14 pm »

Thanks for the advice. If it hasn't cleared up by the time I wake up I might just have to do that.
Or add it to the long list of things I am putting off seeing a doctor about.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #90231 on: November 17, 2015, 07:29:03 pm »

Had about  a cup and a 1/2th of whiskey in order to see what its like to be drunk (basically, got whiskey for mom for a hot tottie, rest is left over, so experiment time: I basically don't drink otherwise.  Man its kinda hard to type this out).  Whiskey itself tasted like shit.  So far, its like I've got two minds: a shitty, tipsy one that mis-estimates things like how far to put the cup to drink the water and another one thats like "Ok, heres the procedure to follow to not fuck up".   Interesting experience but man, honestly with how terrible the alchohol tastes and how shitty this is, I don't think its something to make a habit of.  Probably still absorbing alcohol from the whiskey and getting drunker- drinking water and fixing something to eat now to take some of the edge off.

Originally, I had heard that 'alcohol, or specifically, red wine, makes you healthier' but fuck this. (I  have like an 8% wine I tried that tastes terrible, and a 14% that tastes even worse.  I think I will just take pills or drink grape juice or something cause this sucks).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #90232 on: November 17, 2015, 07:36:32 pm »

Yeah... as someone who has had a glass of wine a week for quite a while now I still think it tastes bitter as hell, though some red wines have been pretty mellow or sweet which were decent.
And if that's true that red wine makes you healthier, well I guess I'm living to a hundred and eighty XD

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90233 on: November 17, 2015, 07:45:00 pm »

Yeah, red wine, dark chocolate, and some berries have been shown to help heart health and reduce inflammation. But we don't actually know what in them is responsible (though a 2014 study made it pretty certain that it isn't resveratrol).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90234 on: November 17, 2015, 08:14:27 pm »

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-i-regret-paying-off-my-mortgage-in-2-years-2015-11

This guy needs dropped off in the worst neighborhood imaginable after dark if he's going to complain like this.... Then he can figure out how good he has it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90235 on: November 17, 2015, 08:16:30 pm »

Wow, what a pretentious twat.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90236 on: November 17, 2015, 08:58:59 pm »

...  Yeah, that's pretty gross.
There's a correct point in there about how it's sometimes beneficial to be on debt, if it means you can make a better profit with the money...  Like taking a loan to start a small business.  But he doesn't really explain that, just bitches that he could have bet more money on his *incredibly* lucky investment portfolio.  Yeah I get that he's kicking himself, but doubling your money on stocks is not a reliable thing to go into debt based on!!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90237 on: November 17, 2015, 09:00:34 pm »

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-i-regret-paying-off-my-mortgage-in-2-years-2015-11

This guy needs dropped off in the worst neighborhood imaginable after dark if he's going to complain like this.... Then he can figure out how good he has it.
Jesus. He actually still made the right choice! It was a coincidence that his investments took off - there's no non-fraudulent way he could have known that his money was going to double, and the expected rate of return on the stock market is almost certainly lower than the interest on his mortgage would have been.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90238 on: November 17, 2015, 09:02:25 pm »

How much you want to bet that he was paid to write that by a bank?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90239 on: November 17, 2015, 09:05:54 pm »

Meh, I'd rather spend that bet on my mortgage.

I found this on the same site.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 6014 6015 [6016] 6017 6018 ... 11040