Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6006 6007 [6008] 6009 6010 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439945 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90105 on: November 16, 2015, 09:49:03 am »

Still he gets mandatory hair cuts? Where does he lives? North Korea?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90106 on: November 16, 2015, 10:19:13 am »

Still he gets mandatory hair cuts? Where does he lives? North Korea?
Almost as crazy people, but not quite.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90107 on: November 16, 2015, 10:42:25 am »

The war profiteering continues, a man can be executed by people sworn to protect and serve and those same people will claim he's still alive when he's brain dead, and people love to drink/eat phosphorous/don't mind when countries rain it down on innocents.

I don't know how to fix the world and that's what's making me the most upset.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90108 on: November 16, 2015, 11:08:09 am »

It's easy, every country delegates the power to me, I promise I can fix this forsaken planet in less than a decade, no more poverty, stupid wars and hunger. Uh also that we'll have colonies on Mars and the Moon within the life time of this current generation.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90109 on: November 16, 2015, 11:12:29 am »

...What if there was an extremist group that is pushing for the equality of both sex at the cost of everything else?

You mean something like this? I mean, they literally believe gender is the worst thing on earth and somehow a total lie and not at all a biological thing, and advocate destroying civilization, even going as far as to planning to sabotage dams and factories and advocating the systematic killing of anyone who disagrees with them.

Then again, these people are mostly composed of rich New Yorkers and ex-greenpeace members, so its unlikely they'll do anything but desperately trying to sell you their books on kindle.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90110 on: November 16, 2015, 11:48:35 am »

I figured out why the book has no plot!

its an auto-biography

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90111 on: November 16, 2015, 12:01:24 pm »

any auto-biography worth reading will make at least a half-hearted attempt to convert the chaotic whims of nature into a plot of the form "this is the story of how i got where i am"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90112 on: November 16, 2015, 12:04:16 pm »

its an auto-biography

So is there an overarching theme to the book or is it kind of like an old geezer telling stories that ramble on with no point?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90113 on: November 16, 2015, 12:08:19 pm »

its an auto-biography
So it is just someones french rant, then? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90114 on: November 16, 2015, 12:13:32 pm »

its an auto-biography
So it is just someones french rant, then? :P
yes, apparently

it would have been nice to know it was an autobiography. i was halfway through and very confused. now im only halfway through.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90115 on: November 16, 2015, 12:44:48 pm »

Why are extremist groups always so sexist?

There just seems to be pattern between crazy extremist groups and not liking women.

The ones that don't like men just haven't reached the correct conditions to go off yet

EDIT:
Nor have they had time to be established.

The normal extremist groups wih the anti-women thing going on are generally relics of an ancient and best forgotten past
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:46:33 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90116 on: November 16, 2015, 12:49:04 pm »

Has anyone ever felt like their highschool experience would have been improved if it had Recess just like elementary?

EVERYTHING would be improved by adding recess. It's the reason why you see so many more fat adults than fat kids. Course it might cost a pretty penny to scale up the jungle gyms.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #90117 on: November 16, 2015, 12:52:52 pm »

To be fair if high school had let me have recess, there's a good chance I wouldn't have come back to classes afterward :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90118 on: November 16, 2015, 12:53:46 pm »

Recess would just give people more time to eat :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90119 on: November 16, 2015, 01:14:51 pm »

Has anyone ever felt like their highschool experience would have been improved if it had Recess just like elementary?

Likewise, it would have been nice to have nap times.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6006 6007 [6008] 6009 6010 ... 11040