Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5996 5997 [5998] 5999 6000 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440333 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89955 on: November 13, 2015, 04:29:22 pm »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #89956 on: November 13, 2015, 04:32:33 pm »

Oddly enough it isn't so cut and dry.

Sometimes it is.

For instance, it should be obvious to any casual watcher that "Fish Police" is Deep One propaganda
Just compare
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's nothing dry about Deep Ones.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89957 on: November 13, 2015, 04:33:11 pm »

Except their wit.

Their hands though... yeah... they give pretty lousy handshakes.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89958 on: November 13, 2015, 05:24:07 pm »

I found $2 laying on the sidewalk, chewed the same piece of gum for five hours without ever realizing it, and one of my friends seems to have conjured a PS4 out from thin air.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89959 on: November 13, 2015, 06:06:31 pm »

At my mom's ex's again, like every other weekend.

My mom asked if he had heard about the terrorist attacks in Paris. He's supportive of them, apparently. The terrorists, I mean, not the French. He hopes that they will "kill all the frogs and finish off what Hitler started".

I hope he's not serious. There's no way he's that delusional.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:08:09 pm by BlackFlyme »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89960 on: November 13, 2015, 06:09:29 pm »

There is crazy, and then there is crazy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89961 on: November 13, 2015, 06:13:44 pm »

That's the kind of talk that will get the NSA interested in you. Also, I did not hear of these attacks until now.
Apparently he does not realize that they want to kill him too.

I tried the garlic thing. Ate a few pickled cloves of garlic. Didn't work. All I got was indigestion and gas.
Then again, maybe I set my expectations too high; it's probably not supposed to end up like an Axe commercial.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89962 on: November 13, 2015, 06:35:09 pm »

The correct way would be to create completely normal character, flawed as meant to be, who just happens to be of a particular race, culture, gender or whatever. While said fact can have weight on the plot, it shouldn't be treated as anything out of the usual. Mutual respect doesn't mean pandering.

Or you could write everyone as white guys and then change their backgrounds at the last minute, like they did with Ripley from Alien
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89963 on: November 13, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »

When you can only depict someone in the greatest possible light...
When did this start, anyway? For as long as it's believed that a particular character should be held in good light just because of their e.g. skin colour, discrimination won't end. The correct way would be to create completely normal character, flawed as meant to be, who just happens to be of a particular race, culture, gender or whatever. While said fact can have weight on the plot, it shouldn't be treated as anything out of the usual. Mutual respect doesn't mean pandering.
It's the eternal battle between equality and chivalry. Both worthy ideals but mutually exclusive, yet people try to achieve one through the other: it's simply not going to work.
Yeah and Othello just happens to be a Moor. You don't "happen" to be anything, you be it and are it and it defines how the world will see you - for characters in human worlds this is no different.
There is no "correct way." Leave it to the author to decide how significant they want race, culture or gender to be. They know what tone and story they're going for, they know what will get in the way or what will give everything depth. There's no drama in a half-caste cast in a Hindu cast without castes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89964 on: November 13, 2015, 06:46:37 pm »

My mom asked if he had heard about the terrorist attacks in Paris. He's supportive of them, apparently. The terrorists, I mean, not the French. He hopes that they will "kill all the frogs and finish off what Hitler started".

Your mom is STILL with that crazy boyfriend of hers? Dang.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #89965 on: November 13, 2015, 06:48:47 pm »

Your mom is STILL with that crazy boyfriend of hers? Dang.
Hey, love makes you blind.
Also the human brain really wants you to procreate so it'll purposely make you ignore certain flaws.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89966 on: November 13, 2015, 08:39:07 pm »

I am feeling pretty stinky right now.
My jeans haven't been washed since the 9th of October, I've been wearing this shirt pretty regularly for a couple weeks or so, and my body itself hasn't been washed in a few days at least. Let's not mention my socks... I haven't been wearing them that long, by my standards- the last pair fell apart- but my socks always seem to get real gross real fast.

I did put on clean underpants this morning. That's about it.

I thought you'd all like to know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89967 on: November 13, 2015, 08:43:34 pm »

Do you venture out into the civilized world or do you live as a recluse in a straw hut somewhere?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89968 on: November 13, 2015, 08:44:48 pm »

Mmm... not quite at the 'straw hut hermit' level, but I certainly wouldn't describe my shitty suburb as anything approaching civilization. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #89969 on: November 13, 2015, 08:46:14 pm »

The localizers for Xenoblade Chronicles X removed the boob slider for character creation. Like I perfectly understand them censoring the fanservice equipment for the loli party member, but this just seems silly, especially since the outfits for all the other characters were left intact and it's an M rated game. Also I'm really worried about those rumors flying around about them having messed with the philosophy and religion themes in the game's story...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:56:23 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 5996 5997 [5998] 5999 6000 ... 11040