Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5993 5994 [5995] 5996 5997 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441564 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89910 on: November 13, 2015, 02:53:10 am »

I thought people thought that country was just shit. Because it is.
Johnny Cash. Your argument is invalid.

Also Willie Nelson, Jimmy Buffet, Mojo Nixon, and the soundtrack to Club Dread
Would Jimmy Buffet be classed as country? If so, yes, then he would definitely be a strong argument in its favour.
I've always thought of his stuff as more... I dunno, "calypso" or whatever.

Buffet's genre is "Gulf and Western", a fusion of country with calypso-ey island-ey stuff

Anyone who had a real working quantum computer would use it to steal a lot of money, what with cracking encryption algorithms currently used in online transactions.
For what it's worth there's already a handful of banks and other secure databases that have moved to Post-quantum cryptography, and more are switching every year. This is one of those cases where everything important is going to switch long before a viable quantum computer is on the market, because as a rule of thumb banks don't like people stealing money. :P

Unless they're the bank's owners and/or executives
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89911 on: November 13, 2015, 03:11:09 am »

With the governments thing, how about anarcho-authoritarianism; everyone would be given absolute control of a soverign nation limited in area to the three feet surrounding themself and possibly the interior of their house or apartment

EDIT:
Federal social welfare programs would be reclassified as foreign aid
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:13:33 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89912 on: November 13, 2015, 03:17:52 am »

With the governments thing, how about anarcho-authoritarianism; everyone would be given absolute control of a soverign nation limited in area to the three feet surrounding themself and possibly the interior of their house or apartment
So many wars. They'll be small but eventually the nations will begin to ally into blocks and set up international courts to solve disputes. Possibly even set up some sort of voting scheme between the nations to decide on general court policies and block actions. Eventually millions of nations will be on each side of a war and thousands of nations will be destroyed.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89913 on: November 13, 2015, 03:20:54 am »

Really, all this discussion proves is that dictatorships introduce more problems than they solve.
I dunno, solving the problem of hundreds of otherwise useless MPs seems pretty good to me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #89914 on: November 13, 2015, 03:33:14 am »

I'm pretty tempted to just start spamming quotes from Legend Of The Galactic Heroes in reponse to the current topic :V
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89915 on: November 13, 2015, 03:34:59 am »

Right, because trusting absolutist rulers to keep their word when it disadvantages them works so well. No. Permanent sterilization the day they take office, ineligible if they already have children.
No, no, no. Not enough spectacle. The dictator can have as many children as they want, but all of them will be publicly fed to hungry lions as soon as they reach age 12. Existent children of age will be allowed one month of training, and then entered into a series of gladiatorial battles with said hungry lions until one of them eats the child. If you're going to do something like this, you should do it right, and when it comes to dictatorships nothing is more right than hungry lions.

What if we made the dictator fight the lions every month. And when the lions eventually win, that's the term limit
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #89916 on: November 13, 2015, 04:05:07 am »

I'm pretty tempted to just start spamming quotes from Legend Of The Galactic Heroes in reponse to the current topic :V

Alcohol is humanity's friend. Would you abandon a friend?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89917 on: November 13, 2015, 04:09:23 am »

Alcohol is humanity's friend. Would you abandon a friend?
To lions for the chance to see lions drunk.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89918 on: November 13, 2015, 04:14:28 am »

Clearly we need an (almost) incorruptible leader. Like a computer! All heil friend computer.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #89919 on: November 13, 2015, 04:15:11 am »

What if we made the dictator fight the lions every month. And when the lions eventually win, that's the term limit
And then Androcles shows up and rules forever.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89920 on: November 13, 2015, 04:55:17 am »

I'd only be content with a benevolent dictator or aggregately benevolent oligarchy.  I suppose a republic could do.
pure unadulterated democracy is anarchy
Well, the Nervan dynasty of Rome was pretty good until Aurelius had a kid.

So the trick is to make a dictatorship where the dictator names their heir but can never have children.

And I'm the perfect candidate to start this dictatorial empire ofc.
No point banning the dictator from having kids. Just make it a rule that the dictator cannot name any relatives as heir.
Right, because trusting absolutist rulers to keep their word when it disadvantages them works so well. No. Permanent sterilization the day they take office, ineligible if they already have children.
By that logic, absolute dictators could agree to the sterilization and then refuse to have it done.

Really, all this discussion proves is that dictatorships introduce more problems than they solve.

Ah, adjust it then: they get sterilized while they're still potential successors, and the current dictator executes any that try to waffle, put it off, or do anything other than either accepting immediately or refusing and leaving forever. Not only does that avoid post-succession hesitation, it also creates a cultural environment conducive to perpetuating it; no dictator after the first is likely to be willing to allow their successor to not have to give just as much as they did for the right to lead, and the competition between those striving for the position will force potential dictators-to-be into line long before the moment comes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #89921 on: November 13, 2015, 05:18:44 am »

Clearly we need an (almost) incorruptible leader. Like a computer! All heil friend computer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89922 on: November 13, 2015, 05:31:17 am »

HELP ME!!! I just had the most horrible thought.

PLEASE tell me there has been no comedies that star both Will Farrel AND Jack Black PLEASE!!!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89923 on: November 13, 2015, 05:35:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, smbc, always good for a laugh (even when recycling known concepts like the utility monster).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89924 on: November 13, 2015, 06:47:55 am »

What the hell happened to Yale? http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2015/11/09/students-protest-buckley-talk/

It is a College/University... I know it is silly to say this but...

They petition and protest for fun. You really can't take it seriously.
People were spit on and essentially called race traitors for having the audacity to disagree with the protesters. That is totally unacceptable, and just because leftists are doing it this time around does not make it okay.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 5993 5994 [5995] 5996 5997 ... 11040