Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5989 5990 [5991] 5992 5993 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443237 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89850 on: November 12, 2015, 06:30:03 pm »

you didn't say you didn't like it, you said it was shit, and it was this distinction that got my metaphorical goat
was it a stripping goat
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89851 on: November 12, 2015, 06:33:20 pm »

Or was it dripping with goats?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89852 on: November 12, 2015, 06:41:26 pm »

It doesn't help that the comment this is about seems to be in response to something imaginary.
Spoiler: Dem Qoutes (click to show/hide)
The difference between "If people understood country they wouldn't dislike it" and "People dislike it largely because of a thing that is present throughout other genres as well" is staggering.
An easy mistake to make though when replying to a conversation from memory.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89853 on: November 12, 2015, 06:42:42 pm »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:59:02 am by penguinofhonor »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89854 on: November 12, 2015, 06:54:12 pm »

They were totally a boy band, no joke.  It's just that they started experimenting and innovating, and they were also good.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89855 on: November 12, 2015, 06:59:01 pm »

Yeah, the Beatles were mostly pop and soft rock. Yes they also invented doom metal a decade before anyone else was playing it and came up with the precursors of several other rock subgenres and John Lennon was basically the Leonardo DaVinci of rock and roll but their mainstays were still pop and soft rock
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89856 on: November 12, 2015, 06:59:45 pm »

For some reason on my phone, my icon for the bay12 forums wont show up.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89857 on: November 12, 2015, 07:01:35 pm »

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6130321/1/Jesus-and-Hitler-A-Romance

What the fuck. Seriously, what the fuck. I have no words. I... I just....

There's also a concept album by GWAR where Jesus and Hitler merge into a single entity (who guides the band through Hell on the band's quest to overthrow Satan and become the new lords of the underworld).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:03:38 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #89858 on: November 12, 2015, 07:03:36 pm »

CLOUD CONFIRMED FOR SMASH DLC

The really odd thing is that Cloud is nearly a Sony-exclusive character. None of the Final Fantasy VII games were on any Nintendo console, and most (if not all, I'm not too familiar with the KH series and such) of the spinoff games he's been in were Sony-only as well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89859 on: November 12, 2015, 07:05:34 pm »

Yeah, if they were gonna license a Playstation character they should have either gone with Ratchet and/or Clank or went oldschool and licensed Crash Bandicoot
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89860 on: November 12, 2015, 07:11:53 pm »

Cloud is popular for other reasons. He always wins GameFAQs character battles that aren't won by Link. Draven and L-Block also won once each IIRC, the former due to /r/leagueoflegends brigading and the latter... seems like something awful?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89861 on: November 12, 2015, 07:14:41 pm »

Here's something odd that happened today. I was driving my father to a doctor appointment and it was raining and he commented on how bad the car's traction and handling were (as a result of the wet roads), and then no more than a minute later he asks me why it is that I'm driving so darn slowly.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89862 on: November 12, 2015, 07:35:24 pm »

Yeah, if they were gonna license a Playstation character they should have either gone with Ratchet and/or Clank or went oldschool and licensed Crash Bandicoot
Or Ratchet AND Clank.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89863 on: November 12, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

CLOUD CONFIRMED FOR SMASH DLC

The really odd thing is that Cloud is nearly a Sony-exclusive character. None of the Final Fantasy VII games were on any Nintendo console, and most (if not all, I'm not too familiar with the KH series and such) of the spinoff games he's been in were Sony-only as well.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were on PS2, Chain of Memories was GBA(but the Re:Rebirth remake was PS2). 358/2 Days was on DS. Birth By Sleep was on PSP. Dream Drop Distance was on 3DS. Not counting various remakes and expansions(there's... a lot :-\).

...Apparently, Square-Enix wasn't just cashing in on cramming as many Disney and Final Fantasy characters as they could, they also wanted people to buy as many different systems as possible.

I've only played 1, 2, and CoM:Re:Rebirth, so I don't know if Cloud is in any of the handheld games(except CoM). That's still an awfully small presence on a Nintendo system to justify being present in SSB. At least Snake is justified by Metal Gear being pretty much the original title for stealth/action games.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89864 on: November 12, 2015, 07:46:20 pm »

Cloud was not in 3D or 358/2 Days.
Pages: 1 ... 5989 5990 [5991] 5992 5993 ... 11040