Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5974 5975 [5976] 5977 5978 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453691 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89625 on: November 09, 2015, 05:01:12 pm »

I thought the crows would arrive sometime at December.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89626 on: November 09, 2015, 05:11:56 pm »

So I'm reading in bed while listening to the undertale soundtrack.
Suddenly, "ONT-GRENDEL UW TABLEHT ALS U EEN GOO-GEL ZOEKOPDRACHT WILT UITVOEREN"

Fucking Google and their fucking buggy mess of a voice search. This shit always comes up with seemingly no provocation, and seemingly no way to turn it off.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89627 on: November 09, 2015, 05:35:12 pm »

Probably happens a few times a year, but it's been a while since I've really noticed it. There are currently something like 2-3 hundred birds infesting the trees in the yard.

The word of the day is: Raucous. It is loud outside.

I get those too, infesting the hedge around my yard. Little tiny brown ones, not sure what they're called. They're not really a nuisance(even the noise), but it makes me a bit wary of causing any significant impact to the hedge.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89628 on: November 09, 2015, 09:10:23 pm »

What little I ever saw of Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild, right?) made me really dislike him. I understand killing animals in an actual survival situation, but he seemed to be doing it needlessly for the camera. I think I saw him killing a snake "for food" and then leaving most of it behind. Something like that, it was years ago, but it left a really poor impression.

Meanwhile, I've always really enjoyed Survivorman (Les Stroud). His show comes off as pretty genuine. I thought it really got across the reality that survival situations are not fun. Even if you have all the knowledge to find food and shelter you're still going to be uncomfortable and bored and lonely and ultimately at the mercy of things outside your control. Always kinda felt sorry for the guy, heh.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89629 on: November 09, 2015, 09:51:28 pm »

Well, in that case I guess I could see people being upset about it in the sense that they're deliberately putting people in a situation where they're forced to kill animals on TV. The other shows at least had the veneer of being "educational" in that they are intended to teach the viewer about wilderness survival, so it could be argued it was for a good cause. This one sounds like regular reality-TV drama retardedness, so the killing is ultimately happening purely for entertainment/ratings. Or something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89630 on: November 09, 2015, 10:05:32 pm »

Its like the internet: Even if it doesn't make sense, it will be complained about. Of course they'd kill something on a show about island surviving.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #89631 on: November 09, 2015, 10:22:04 pm »

Of course they'd kill something on a show about island surviving.
You're operating under the assumption that the show had to exist.

I actually do see an issue with it; those animals were on an uninhabited island, they were some of the few animals on Earth that don't have to worry about being killed by humans.  And then you just come and kill them for sport.  Weird, slightly dangerous televised sport, but still.  Shits and giggles.  Necessity is a poor argument when you intentionally put yourself in that situation in the first place.

I remember a Vietnam veteran talking about how silly it was that people were complaining that artillery strikes in Iraq killed civilians, because how else are you supposed to attack a city?  And I was just thinking, "you're assuming the war had to happen".  Not that I said anything, because I was a sixteen year old listening to a dude who put booby traps in his yard.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89632 on: November 09, 2015, 10:25:26 pm »

Since when are we not allowed to kill animals for food?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89633 on: November 09, 2015, 10:29:03 pm »

read what people actually write for god's sakes, OW

you're better than this

don't be an idiot
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89634 on: November 09, 2015, 10:33:33 pm »

I mean, I assume they ate the animals. What difference does it make?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #89635 on: November 09, 2015, 10:35:37 pm »

The difference is that it's being done for entirely unnecessary entertainment, not genuine survival. They didn't have to be there, it didn't have to be televised, etc., etc. It's the going in and fucking up an ecosystem for giggles thing that's setting the saner folks off about the subject more than the killing and eating bit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89636 on: November 09, 2015, 10:35:50 pm »

DANGIT OW

Well, in that case I guess I could see people being upset about it in the sense that they're deliberately putting people in a situation where they're forced to kill animals on TV.
I'd argue the killing is a side-effect of the show.
Of course they'd kill something on a show about island surviving.
You're operating under the assumption that the show had to exist.

now think about what you've done >:C
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89637 on: November 09, 2015, 10:42:15 pm »

As long as you eat the animals you kill, whats the problem exactly? Alot of cultures has the whole "eat what you kill to show respect" kind of belief.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89638 on: November 09, 2015, 10:44:37 pm »

now you're just doing it on purpose, aren't you, majik

do I need to quote my quotepile again?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89639 on: November 09, 2015, 10:54:50 pm »

Are you saying they shouldn't have made the show? Because thats a fair point, but not exactly something you can expect from tv if I'm gonna be honest. They're too busy driving reality tv of any sort into the ground to listen to decent points like that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5974 5975 [5976] 5977 5978 ... 11040