Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5967 5968 [5969] 5970 5971 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460333 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89520 on: November 07, 2015, 02:36:16 pm »

Apparently Google "has been marked a phishing site", according to my Avast antivirus web plug in.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89521 on: November 07, 2015, 02:43:47 pm »

Apparently Google "has been marked a phishing site", according to my Avast antivirus web plug in.
*facepalm*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #89522 on: November 07, 2015, 03:01:11 pm »

Rubidium has RETURNED!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89523 on: November 07, 2015, 03:10:32 pm »

oh man someone asked for a Hopes and Dreams (from Undertale) MIDI that wasn't an awful autoconverted piece of shit and I had a somewhat incomplete version lying around

...and then it showed up on youtube as an 8-bit remix

EDIT: woah wait i never actually posted a MIDI, just a .gp5

EDIT 2: Huh, apparently this is pretty pervasive (see the comments)

wait it's not even an 8-bit remix, that midi has 9 notes at a time at places

NES could only use 3 notes at once

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89524 on: November 07, 2015, 03:16:02 pm »

OMG, worst woman ever.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:27:37 pm by Reelya »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89525 on: November 07, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »

I'm sure there's worse women around. I mean hey this person didn't even kill anyone as far as we know, so that's already a big step down the rankings.
Also I'm not sure what you mean by her being "fake". It's a sock puppet account or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89526 on: November 07, 2015, 03:31:40 pm »

Wow, wtf...
The blog took forever to load, along with a loading bar that spazzed the hell out for a few seconds.  Then it has a giant unremovable title block taking up the top fifth of the screen.  I feel like I'm peering at the blog from under a car or something.

Also I guess the text is pretty bad, I don't think I understand her.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89527 on: November 07, 2015, 03:33:40 pm »

Also I'm not sure what you mean by her being "fake". It's a sock puppet account or something?
As far as I know, the actual feminists hardly show up in stuff on the internet because they don't want to be confused with the sjws/narcissists who borrowed their group name.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89528 on: November 07, 2015, 03:37:05 pm »

What the whatting what is wrong with her.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89529 on: November 07, 2015, 03:39:25 pm »

Wow, wtf...
The blog took forever to load, along with a loading bar that spazzed the hell out for a few seconds.  Then it has a giant unremovable title block taking up the top fifth of the screen.  I feel like I'm peering at the blog from under a car or something.

The whole thing is fairly comprehensible, when you view her as someone who just has narcissistic personality disorder, but who pretties it up with feminist rhetoric. Things like mentioning that 125 friends turned up for her birthday, that she's 25 with two published books "and a condo" etc. All these sound like someone with NPD. And narcissists actually suffer low self-esteem, not the high self-esteem that people often accuse them of. Narcissists tend to lie or exaggerate in ways that will cause people to praise them, and have an irrationally violent response to event the slightest of perceived criticism.

One ex-flatmate was a narcissist and a painter, so I studied a bit about the condition when he was around and his crazy stuff started to make sense. he (clearly) lied about knowing two of Australia's most famous artists (name dropping), and the only thing he had to say about them was how much they praised his own artwork as revolutionizing painting itself (so, name dropping then he uses them as props to aggrandize himself). And narcissists can't take the slightest criticism, and will lie to your face that black is white and white is black to avoid the criticism situation. For example, the landlord came in and the kitchen was a mess, mostly this guys mess. The guy then claimed it wasn't any of his stuff, and that there was no mess. But all three of us are standing there looking at the mess while he claims there's no mess. Narcissist lie in a very short-term sense. They want immediate praise and to immediately avoid the feeling of criticism, so they'll blatantly lie to your face to weasle out of the situation even if everyone can clearly see they're lying.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:45:00 pm by Reelya »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89530 on: November 07, 2015, 03:41:52 pm »

As far as I know, the actual feminists hardly show up in stuff on the internet because they don't want to be confused with the sjws/narcissists who borrowed their group name.
Judging by that exchange at least, she doesn't have any un-feminist beliefs. She was reacting to a slight against the rights/freedoms of women, even if that offence was made up by whatever paranoid filter she views the world through.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89531 on: November 07, 2015, 03:42:46 pm »

Wow, wtf...

The whole thing is fairly comprehensible, when you view her as someone who just has narcissistic personality disorder, but who pretties it up with feminist rhetoric. Things like mentioning that 125 friends turned up for her birthday, that she's 25 with two published books "and a condo" etc. All these sound like someone with NPD. And narcissists actually suffer low self-esteem, not the high self-esteem that people often accuse them of. Narcissists tend to lie or exaggerate in ways that will cause people to praise them, and have an irrationally violent response to event the slightest of perceived criticism.
Aha.
Sigtext

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89532 on: November 07, 2015, 03:51:31 pm »

Narcissists also apparently do the "i'm a victim" thing when they think it will get people to treat them better. so the ego-boosting isn't always about "i'm the king". it's more like they're addicited to ego-stroking and will do or say anything to get that immediate feeling.

e.g. if a narcissist got kicked out from a previous house for being a lying asshole, he will tell you how unfair and mean everyone was and that they conspired against him, and then move into your house and do the exact same shit that got him kicked out of the last place. This is actually a red flag. If some guy is trying to move into your house and they have horror stories from the last house about how everyone was out to get them, then you might actually have a narcissist on your hands. Check if all the stories revolve around themselves or whether their flatmates were just annoying dicks in general. Narcissists tend to insert themselves into every story whether as hero or innocent victim, the rarely tell stories of others exploits (though they sometimes lie and claim they were the star).

I don't think male and female narcissists would be that different. A female narcissist should have no qualms twisting feminism to her own ends.

I'm sure there's worse women around. I mean hey this person didn't even kill anyone as far as we know, so that's already a big step down the rankings.

I meant she's a real person, but she's faking the feminist outrage for purely personal reasons/gain. I mean, she's written two books by a young age and they're both about what an amazing person she herself is. Most highly acclaimed feminist writers manage to go their whole life without writing a book about themselves. It's sort of not what feminists do. Naomi Wolf, Gloria Steinem, Germaine Greer, have all written books about other people, whereas Ms Quin Woodward-Pu only writes books about herself.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:10:37 pm by Reelya »

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #89533 on: November 07, 2015, 03:52:15 pm »

Now sometimes, my avatar's dimensions show up as the error message's dimensions.
That has been explained when I loaded the forum
Rubidium has RETURNED!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89534 on: November 07, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »

oh man someone asked for a Hopes and Dreams (from Undertale) MIDI that wasn't an awful autoconverted piece of shit and I had a somewhat incomplete version lying around

...and then it showed up on youtube as an 8-bit remix

EDIT: woah wait i never actually posted a MIDI, just a .gp5

EDIT 2: Huh, apparently this is pretty pervasive (see the comments)

wait it's not even an 8-bit remix, that midi has 9 notes at a time at places

NES could only use 3 notes at once
apparently the SID was originally planned to have 32 voices instead of the three we know and love today. It was scrapped due to time constraints.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 5967 5968 [5969] 5970 5971 ... 11040