Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5958 5959 [5960] 5961 5962 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463073 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89385 on: November 06, 2015, 12:42:38 am »

I'm half way through Lodoss War....and I kinda have to agree that despite the style of a lot of today's animation, it has hit a good balance between quality and efficiency. Again, consider animation in the 80s and 90s had to replay literally the same bit over and over again to fill 20 minutes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89386 on: November 06, 2015, 12:43:17 am »

The decreasing quality of the visuals is another issue.
That's probably a result of growing use of computer generated animation, and all the animation shortcuts that can provide. Which is good to use, because it saves production money. Gotta keep money as the priority, right? Quality comes second.

I meant the visuals in the show are getting poorer, not some overall industry-wide trend. I loved he look of early episodes like Donny.

Overall visuals are getting better, especially as they concern Cartoon Network. They stopped using the weird deficient color palettes that characterized shows like Powerpuff Girls and Ed Edd and Eddy, and the overall average state of animation was greatly improved industry-wide by the fact that they've largely dismantled Hanna-Barbera.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89387 on: November 06, 2015, 01:05:00 am »

you are permanently banned from talking in vinesauce

huh, wonder how that happened

(not going to whine about a twitch chat ban, but damn if getting banned for communication ain't a novel experience for me)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:07:44 am by Putnam »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89388 on: November 06, 2015, 01:14:20 am »

I don't remember ever getting banned from a forum or channel.  Despite all my best efforts.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89389 on: November 06, 2015, 01:15:20 am »

Ok that was interesting the Johnny Bravo movie was made for India.

That has sometimes occurred before. Where a character just ends up so popular in another country that they end up taking the reigns later on.

Heck it has happened in the USA before too such as with Big O

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89390 on: November 06, 2015, 01:19:54 am »

(not going to whine about a twitch chat ban, but damn if getting banned for communication ain't a novel experience for me)

Unless you actually did something wrong, Joel's YouTube account was hacked (Base one, not the Full Stream one) and I think his Twitch admin account was as well. I have read that a number of people on Twitch were banned in one of Vinny's streams.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #89391 on: November 06, 2015, 01:50:14 am »

I feel like Finn killing himself would be a little bit thematically jarring, but I could definitely see him dying in the last episode. The general theme, even with the darker tone of the newer seasons, is that you should strive to be optimistic even when you don't feel like it, or when it feels like everyone's gunning for you. Striving for that goal is a major part of Finn's character development. Hell, look at how he's dealt with breakups: when he was younger and Bubblegum Princess broke off their (unrequited, one-sided) relationship Finn was mad as hell and completely fucked up about it, but when he breaks up with Flame Princess he tries to respect her decision even if he doesn't feel like hanging out with her that much or seeing her with her perceived new boyfriend.

It's a hella deep show when you get into it, that's why I love shows like it and Steven Universe.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89392 on: November 06, 2015, 03:38:21 am »

Those games were the best. For some reason, word of mouth seemed to be enough to spread it, irrelevant of age.

When did StarCraft come out?  I suspect that sucked up all the oxygen in the RTS room.
Not entirely true, though. I've heard some people still play Warcraft 2, and I definitely know people play Warcraft 3, since it's just that awesome.
._.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89393 on: November 06, 2015, 03:52:55 am »

Arm still burning. Maybe bandage is on wrong. Or tape is too tight. Pulling on my arm hair.

Also got in trouble for mentioning what I think is Tinnitus. When you live with it 24/7, it's easy to forget it's not normal and that you should probably mention it to someone.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89394 on: November 06, 2015, 04:56:06 am »

Overall visuals are getting better, especially as they concern Cartoon Network. They stopped using the weird deficient color palettes that characterized shows like Powerpuff Girls and Ed Edd and Eddy, and the overall average state of animation was greatly improved industry-wide by the fact that they've largely dismantled Hanna-Barbera.

I think some of that was due to the introduction of the digital inking process. Ed Edd and Eddy for example is listed on wikipedia as the last major American cartoon to use traditional cels. Powerpuff girls was also traditional ink. The issue is just that digital ink lets you have any possible set of RGB values with equal ease. With pigments in ink, the range is FAR more limited that the set of all RGB values! You can also notice this in older anime. Think Death Note vs Code Geass. Even though they came out at the same time, Code Geass looks "more modern" because they definitely used digital ink for that, compared to the older process for Death Note.

EDIT: while googling stuff for that I came across my WTF for the day.The first WTF is why guys want K-On and Kiniro Mosaic tattoos ... the other WTF is that the proprietor of the tattoo parlor insists on tracking down and watching whatever show you want the tattoos from before commencing any work.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:23:36 am by Reelya »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89395 on: November 06, 2015, 05:42:40 am »

... the other WTF is that the proprietor of the tattoo parlor insists on tracking down and watching whatever show you want the tattoos from before commencing any work.

That kinda makes sense. The artist has to know WTF you're talking about before he draws it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89396 on: November 06, 2015, 05:48:20 am »

... the other WTF is that the proprietor of the tattoo parlor insists on tracking down and watching whatever show you want the tattoos from before commencing any work.
That kinda makes sense. The artist has to know WTF you're talking about before he draws it.
Yeah, a tattoo is not something you half arse. That tattoo is with you for life.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89397 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:59 am »

Christ man, can you imagine what you'd get if you walked into some tattoo parlor and described the anime character you wanted tattooed on you? Waifu may be for laifu, but that's one decision you'd regret every day.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89398 on: November 06, 2015, 06:12:50 am »

tbh they're probably pretty edgy with all the towel BS going on.
still sucks, though. i was once banned from some tf2 lobby site for mentioning another up-and-coming tf2 lobby site.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #89399 on: November 06, 2015, 07:59:39 am »

I don't remember ever getting banned from a forum or channel.  Despite all my best efforts.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I think you need to underline that if you're doing a SA reference.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 5958 5959 [5960] 5961 5962 ... 11040