Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5950 5951 [5952] 5953 5954 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468585 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89265 on: November 03, 2015, 09:12:39 pm »

that is not solvable, why does it think it's solvable

That is odd I solved it rather quick.

Go on the pink, then blue, Then Purple, Then Green, then Blue, then green, then pink

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89266 on: November 03, 2015, 09:16:23 pm »

blues adjacent to yellows are not crossable

the reason it was considered solvable is because i was trying to access a member of a number instead of the actual object that the number is the index of in an object i was traversing

...because javascript considers trying to get number members normal

it'll even let you assign members of a number, though trying to access said member later will get you undefined

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89267 on: November 03, 2015, 09:21:07 pm »

blues adjacent to yellows are not crossable

Right... but there is no yellow adjacent to that blue

ohh whoops from the bottom

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89268 on: November 03, 2015, 09:21:57 pm »

? The only blue accessible from the starting area is adjacent to a yellow

No diagonal, remember

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89269 on: November 03, 2015, 09:23:32 pm »

? The only blue accessible from the starting area is adjacent to a yellow

No diagonal, remember

Yep if that yellow was red, it would be solvable. But there is no where to start that would get you to the end.

So we solved it!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89270 on: November 03, 2015, 10:33:02 pm »

My rule of thumb is that if it's hard to give someone money, and your life doesn't depend on it, then they're not getting money.

Pretty much. If people want your money they'll make it easy for you to give it to them.
Economics 101
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89271 on: November 03, 2015, 11:05:49 pm »

I do love Tesla.  This company's finances are so ridiculous, it's like something out of the Twilight Zone.

Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA): Q3 EPS of -$0.58 misses by $0.08.

Revenue of $1.24B (+33.0% Y/Y) misses by $20M.

Shares +7.3%.

The comments on that article are great:

This is like a headline from The Onion:

Tesla misses on everything, shares surge.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #89272 on: November 03, 2015, 11:12:44 pm »

Isn't Pink passable? Can't you exit via the Pink on the right side?
I don't know, is there a rule that says how you exit? And I don't completely understand the tile rules... but...

So you start from the third down.
Move down, right, right, right. You now smell like oranges. Up, you smell like lemons instead and slide up again, then stop because you can't go into yellow. Right x3, down, and right. Solved?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89273 on: November 03, 2015, 11:14:34 pm »

You start third from the top, very left. There is no way to exit that tetromino of 3 pink and one green tile.

Anyway, it's fully working now and generates correctly almost every time, if not every time.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #89274 on: November 03, 2015, 11:44:46 pm »

You start third from the top, very left. There is no way to exit that tetromino of 3 pink and one green tile.

Anyway, it's fully working now and generates correctly almost every time, if not every time.
Shoot, I missed one yellow tile. >.> I didn't see it in the third column, I had assumed everyone was talking about the one in the 8th column.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89275 on: November 04, 2015, 02:17:53 am »

In what direction are you going?
Love, scriver~

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89276 on: November 04, 2015, 03:03:15 am »

Left to right, presumably.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89277 on: November 04, 2015, 03:03:58 am »

Probably not the only one :P

I'll never actually play the game, ferex. Probably watch a LP, eventually, but everything I've heard about it so far points to it being a well constructed conflux of gaming elements I mostly detest experiencing :V
godDAMN you've just put into words EXACTLY what I was thinking about

are you psychic
._.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89278 on: November 04, 2015, 03:35:00 am »

Edited for the full story, because I'm still incredibly pissed and need to vent.

So I just nearly got robbed at gunpoint by a duo of drug dealers who apparently got angry when I refused to buy drugs from them. I gunned it, drove a good 9-10 blocks, and parked. I took the time to call the Paterson, NJ police - waited 20+ minutes for them to show up - and then the shit hit the fan. Despite showing him my security ID, seeing that I'm in a bulletproof vest, and obviously not from the area - as they had most likely already run my plates, something that should have been calm and orderly became a frustrating process.

The officer-on-site to dismisses me as I'm effectively handing him an easy arrest, accuses me of lying about getting lost, accuses me of being there to buy drugs because I'm a white guy in a nice car stuck in a shitty primarily-black area, was a complete bag of douche to me, cut me off when I was giving him the description of the two guys and their location, and pretty much made me remember why people are hesitant to call the police anymore. :| He hushed up a bit when his superior officer showed up, but kept his snarky attitude and kept cutting me off.

I offered to follow them to the local PD and submit to a drug test and breathalyzer test if that makes them feel more secure, offered my license and registration, but his superior dismissed it, pulled the officer-on-site over to the side, and when the guy came back he stopped bothering me.

Sad part is, I'll soon be in law enforcement myself, preferably the FBI if I eventually fulfill the necessary qualifications, and I've gained a reputation for helping local police numerous times. I try to do the right thing and get treated like crap for it... I'm from Newark, NJ - if I wanted drugs all I have to do is drive across McCarter Highway and ask one of the billion guys standing on street corners. And if I was doing something illegal I would have just driven away - I wouldn't have taken the time to contact the police, give them my name and cell #, wait for them to take their sweet-ass time showing up, do my best to describe what happened, and kindly and calmly answer all their snarky questions - despite the harassment. As much as I could have made a scene and smacked him with my knowledge of the law, taken down his badge number and filed a complaint, I let him have the upper hand to avoid being ordered out of my car at gunpoint and have the already-dismal situation grow infinitely worse.

Screw that guy who cut me off on the highway and made me go down the wrong exit, screw the officer-on-site who reverse-racially-profiled me, and screw Paterson, NJ. Officially added to the "Avoid at all costs" list.

One day I want to see the expression on that fuckers face when I drive back into Paterson, in full uniform, and show him just how wrong his profiling could be.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:30:48 am by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #89279 on: November 04, 2015, 05:31:46 am »

Sounds like great fun.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 5950 5951 [5952] 5953 5954 ... 11037