Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5947 5948 [5949] 5950 5951 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470008 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89220 on: November 03, 2015, 06:06:50 am »

I think I might be the only person on Bay12 who doesn't like Undertale.
From what I saw in the demo I liked most things about it.
Perhaps I should buy the full game and jump on the 'Undertale is great' bandwagon.

Soundcloud is pretty great tbh.

I don't see how people can compare it to bandcamp when they are pretty fundamentally different. Soundcloud is for sharing music and following people so you can easily see their new stuff, and bandcamp is a platform for independent artists to sell their music.
Erm... fundamentally different? They are both websites where you listen to music, da? I find it much less convenient and enjoyable listening to music on Soundcloud than on Bandcamp. I'm not trying to say they are exactly the same, although I still don't understand why someone would use SC over BC unless there are fees involved that I do not know about.     

Plenty of musicians give downloads of their music for free on Bandcamp, too. It's rather versatile.
Shit, at this rate I should ask them for a job as a goddamn spokesperson.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89221 on: November 03, 2015, 09:03:48 am »

You are the only person on B12 who is objectively wrong. :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #89222 on: November 03, 2015, 09:11:53 am »

Probably not the only one :P

I'll never actually play the game, ferex. Probably watch a LP, eventually, but everything I've heard about it so far points to it being a well constructed conflux of gaming elements I mostly detest experiencing :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89223 on: November 03, 2015, 09:15:32 am »

OK, yeah, you're wrong too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89224 on: November 03, 2015, 09:23:41 am »

Perhaps I should buy the full game and jump on the 'Undertale is great' bandwagon.

I don't see how people can compare it to bandcamp when they are pretty fundamentally different. Soundcloud is for sharing music and following people so you can easily see their new stuff, and bandcamp is a platform for independent artists to sell their music.
Erm... fundamentally different? They are both websites where you listen to music, da? I find it much less convenient and enjoyable listening to music on Soundcloud than on Bandcamp. I'm not trying to say they are exactly the same, although I still don't understand why someone would use SC over BC unless there are fees involved that I do not know about.     

Plenty of musicians give downloads of their music for free on Bandcamp, too. It's rather versatile.
so facebook and twitter are the same website because theyre both social media? and bay12 and buzzfeed are exactly the same because you read on both of them? :X

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89225 on: November 03, 2015, 09:57:01 am »

Soundcloud is for sharing music and following people so you can easily see their new stuff, and bandcamp is a platform for independent artists to sell their music.

This is pretty spot on. I use both, but find that SC is way better for finding new artists (it's easy to uncover the rings of people that form around labels, genres, regions, etc. and jump from one to another), while bandcamp tends to have complete albums up rather than single tracks (and is one of the more popular ways to buy).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89226 on: November 03, 2015, 10:13:13 am »

I just found out I may have accidentally caused world war 3 in Might & Fealty. Just heard rumor that the biggest empire in the game is planning to wage a crusade against my realm. Most likely due to all the fun RP we've been taking part in. Heh. Completely unexpected, too.

This is going to be fun.

It'll be !!Fun!!! Just try not to get too attached to your characters.

...for instance, I certainly don't have a backup character sketched out for when my main inevitably meets his demise on the battlefield.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89227 on: November 03, 2015, 10:33:10 am »

so facebook and twitter are the same website because theyre both social media? and bay12 and buzzfeed are exactly the same because you read on both of them? :X
...I'm not sure what your are trying to say with this post. It is incredibly abstract and, as far as I can see, quite nonsensical.
Then again, I am somewhat drunk. Perhaps someone more sober than myself can explain what Miauw was trying to say?
Booze is Life for Yoink

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89228 on: November 03, 2015, 10:44:47 am »

I just found out I may have accidentally caused world war 3 in Might & Fealty. Just heard rumor that the biggest empire in the game is planning to wage a crusade against my realm. Most likely due to all the fun RP we've been taking part in. Heh. Completely unexpected, too.

This is going to be fun.

...for instance, I certainly don't have a backup character sketched out for when my main inevitably meets his demise on the battlefield.

Online game with opportunity of all your progress just to be wiped?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89229 on: November 03, 2015, 10:54:34 am »

Yoink explicitly says they aren't the same, just that they're comparable.  Since they're both ways to listen to music.  The differences are what make him choose one over the other, much like one may prefer bay12 (or similar forums) over a site like Buzzfeed.  Though some people use both of course.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89230 on: November 03, 2015, 11:40:12 am »

This is going to be fun.

Online game with opportunity of all your progress just to be wiped?

It's basically Game of Thrones: The MMORPG. Often painfully slow by the standards of the genre, interspersed with bouts of bloodsport and random cruelty, and occasionally people actually die. Since by and large, you are one person, that does often mean that if you're not in a secure position (possibly with heirs) and you die, that's it.

At least, that's the vision. It manages most of it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89231 on: November 03, 2015, 02:38:21 pm »

Well i made an account on might and fealty, before I kick off however there's some stuff about "Accept Fealty Offer". I stopped there because I don't want to accidentally swear fealty to some faction that might be opposed to any bay12ers that are playing. anyone need someone to help them out?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89232 on: November 03, 2015, 02:43:34 pm »

There's a thread in Other Games, check it out. Don't want to derail this one too much.

Mostly, don't join anyone affiiated with the Erstes Imperium or the Void. The former is rumoured to be going to war with Arrakesh, and the latter is a bit odd.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89233 on: November 03, 2015, 02:43:55 pm »

There's a thread in Other Games, check it out. Don't want to derail this one too much.

Mostly, don't join anyone affiiated with the Erstes Imperium or the Void. The former is rumoured to be going to war with Arrakesh, and the latter is a bit odd.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89234 on: November 03, 2015, 04:20:29 pm »

It was cold this morning and I woke up with a runny nose. IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE COLD AAAAGHHH.
At least I'm feeling mostly better now, before going to work.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 5947 5948 [5949] 5950 5951 ... 11037