Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5943 5944 [5945] 5946 5947 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471450 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89160 on: November 02, 2015, 05:52:14 pm »

How do ladybugs keep finding their way into my room?

Also have a big job order at work. 10,000 buttons. Just 6,000 more to go. Due tomorrow. We were only able to start the job last Thursday.

Thank you, Customer Service, for yet another job with too short a due-date.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89161 on: November 02, 2015, 06:18:05 pm »

How do ladybugs keep finding their way into my room?

Also have a big job order at work. 10,000 buttons. Just 6,000 more to go. Due tomorrow. We were only able to start the job last Thursday.

Thank you, Customer Service, for yet another job with too short a due-date.
Ahh, customer service, overselling our abilities since the dawn of time. "Order for 100 wheels? For tomorrow? Ugg can not carve so many wheels!"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89162 on: November 02, 2015, 06:29:16 pm »

I just saw a Youtube ad for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. It features some fat guy in... some kind of armor, doing ridiculous stunts while mowing down hordes of people while dual-wielding or doing ridiculous shots, while some announer guy is constantly praising him(and occasionally implying that they're hacking).

All this continues for a while, until the fat guy gets killed by a rather unattractive girl, who starts performing the same crap he did(the announcer abruptly switches to praising her). While this goes on, the caption "There's a soldier in all of us" is shown on the screen.

This was so surreal that I watched the entire ad, even though I think I could have skipped it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89163 on: November 02, 2015, 06:36:33 pm »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89164 on: November 02, 2015, 06:40:26 pm »

okay so Undertale has some sort of weird memetic effect around it that make people think it's some sort of lolsorandom meme game with generic JRPG mechanics

like i'm not joking i somehow see that all the damn time from people who complain without ever bothering to look even though it's not even remotely true

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #89165 on: November 02, 2015, 06:42:53 pm »

okay so Undertale has some sort of weird memetic effect around it that make people think it's some sort of lolsorandom meme game with generic JRPG mechanics

like i'm not joking i somehow see that all the damn time from people who complain without ever bothering to look even though it's not even remotely true

It's the imagery I think that gives that impression. Taken out of context, it's easy to pigeon hole the game without checking it out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89166 on: November 02, 2015, 06:52:11 pm »

it doesn't help that the approved spoilers or whatever, like "you can date a skeleton", make it sound like exactly that
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89167 on: November 02, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »

Give it a few months and people will complain that its cashing in on memes, which it spawned.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89168 on: November 02, 2015, 06:59:23 pm »

This one?
Yes, that one. Does Call of Duty have any kind of plot or anything, or is it just spraying anything and everything with bullets from oversized guns all the while the game continues to lead you to believe you have large genitalia?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89169 on: November 02, 2015, 07:09:32 pm »

CoD is the greatest offender for absolutely pointless, linear, straight-line cinematic single player, and gets bought solely for the multiplayer by people who still somehow like to play yet another modern military shooter.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89170 on: November 02, 2015, 07:12:27 pm »

I'm honestly not sure WHY they still tack on single player.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89171 on: November 02, 2015, 07:19:15 pm »

Yes, that one. Does Call of Duty have any kind of plot or anything, or is it just spraying anything and everything with bullets from oversized guns all the while the game continues to lead you to believe you have large genitalia?

No, and Doom does all of that but better.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89172 on: November 02, 2015, 07:27:13 pm »

Call of Duty has been the same game since CoD 4 and WaW. The entire development cycle is: Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+V; retexture and rename some of the guns.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89173 on: November 02, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »

Had/Have dental problem. Odd story, whatever.

Background, I grind my teeth at night, misplaced mouth guard. I woke up almost screaming because one of my teeth was throbbing inside and I could feel the nerve. Usually this isn't a good thing, because when you feel throbbing, that can be bad, require a root canal or extraction. I was afraid of this, or that it was an abscess and that bad road, especially since the pain only happened when i was lying down (blood would rush in and make it inflamed more). Lovely how that pain traveled along the nerve/jaw.

Went to see my dentist, and there's no abscess on the x ray over that tooth. No root canal needed, but just a filling or two on that tooth to seal it up and antibiotics to clear things up. He said it's either not an abscess or just the beginning of one and we can stop it and seal it with the cavity filling thing.

I'm thinking I just was doing the whole "grinding your teeth in your sleep" thing and really jarred it wrong or something. I'm surprised there's not much of a cavity or anything showing up on the x ray though. The tooth isn't sensitive to hot, cold, sweets, or pressure. The dentist probed it with the little metal things, nothing.

The only time it hurt was when I was laying down, and that was significantly if not entirely gotten rid of with my mouth guard in and my head propped up with pillows. I'm not even using any pain killers, though I continue to brush with the sensitive toothpaste stuff.

Note: I am aware of the "be careful about overusing antibiotics" thing.

Seems odd, but as long as the pain goes away, and I don't loose any teeth/have to have a root canal, it's fine by me. Ideas?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89174 on: November 02, 2015, 08:04:45 pm »

Also I can provide translations regarding the shirt.
If you can read it, tell us what it means!

I thought I've managed to match the letters on the shirt using this handy site:
http://rishida.net/scripts/pickers/khmer/?view=shape#main
coming up with the following string of signs: អ៊ុហគីសវ៉ាស្ចុះ
(paste it into that website and change the font to MoolBoran (Win7) if you want to see how it compares with the shirt)
But when pasted into google translate I get gibberish, so I must have fucked it up somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 5943 5944 [5945] 5946 5947 ... 11037