Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5897 5898 [5899] 5900 5901 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450606 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88470 on: October 25, 2015, 06:21:29 pm »

Killing mockingbirds
We read this is highschool here too, but literally no-one cares about it because it's so far removed from actual NZ issues.

It's self-actualized
What does this even mean
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88471 on: October 25, 2015, 06:24:58 pm »

It means Nonsense!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88472 on: October 25, 2015, 06:30:38 pm »

Maslow's Hierarchy. You have achieved all your needs for security, love, and esteem, allowing you to transcend your physical form and become a true super-saiyan.

My psychology class handled the hierarchy much better than my marketing one. Though that class had a lot of problems. Docked marks due to minor things that weren't even mentioned in the marking scheme, like not making drawings so that it was more fun for the teacher to read. Staring every class by showing us products he likes and asking us to back it on kickstarter or whatever. Constant talks about how niche products are evil and can kill industries. If you don't target every product to everyone, you WILL fail, he would say. If you can sell water to dogs, go for it.

Named Dungeons and Dragons as a niche game that catered to nerds. Apparently that niche caused them to fail so hard it was what killed board-games.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:35:01 pm by BlackFlyme »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88473 on: October 25, 2015, 06:34:08 pm »

become a true super-saiyan.
Is that like a Legendary super-saiyan, a mastered super-saiyan, or just your regular super-saiyan?
If this post smells like shit it might be. Taste it to find out.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88474 on: October 25, 2015, 06:39:31 pm »

Apparently that niche caused them to fail so hard it was what killed board-games.

What is interesting is one would think "Adult boardgames" would be a niche (note by adult I mean... Settlers of Catan... basically any boardgame more complicated then a Hasbro product)... and they are.

Yet they make a lot of money.

Your teacher is frankly outright WRONG! Heck movies and videogames used to be a niche market and still produce niche products... and their success with becoming more mainstream is BECAUSE of their success in their niche allowing them to grow the market over a span of many years.

Many game series have survived many iterations often being called "Cult games" which have a small but devout following to support them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:43:17 pm by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88475 on: October 25, 2015, 06:46:30 pm »

become a true super-saiyan.
Is that like a Legendary super-saiyan, a mastered super-saiyan, or just your regular super-saiyan?
If this post smells like shit it might be. Taste it to find out.

mastered of course, like obviously, come on, legendary is fake as shit and regular super saiyans haven't mastered it
my dbz shitposts are like nega shitposts; they're me pretending to take it seriously

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88476 on: October 25, 2015, 08:57:57 pm »

No idea why, but my tiredness-addled brain thought a great idea would be for someone to have one of those avatar shufflers and steal random people's avatars for the sake of confusing everyone.
But that is a good idea.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88477 on: October 25, 2015, 09:06:07 pm »

The best.
Subverting avatars... randomly, no less...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88478 on: October 25, 2015, 09:10:06 pm »

Gmail, Gmail, Gmail
AAAAAAAAAARGH
WHY IS POP3 FORWARDING ENABLING BROKEN.
And it's probably specifically the enabling bit as opposed to, well, any other bit, although I wouldn't know because I can't get it to work to TEST that theory!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88479 on: October 25, 2015, 09:12:15 pm »

Weird, I thought they disabled that years ago for some reason.
Probably because they have basically no reason to support it, besides good will...
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Snake

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Decoy Octopus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88480 on: October 25, 2015, 09:13:12 pm »

No idea why, but my tiredness-addled brain thought a great idea would be for someone to have one of those avatar shufflers and steal random people's avatars for the sake of confusing everyone.
But that is a good idea.
The best.
You were saying?
I am everybody, and nobody.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88481 on: October 25, 2015, 09:14:29 pm »

Probably because they have basically no reason to support it, besides good will...
Well.  They seem to still support it, at least to the point that I get answers, however unhelpful at solving the problem, from support staff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88482 on: October 25, 2015, 09:17:43 pm »

You were saying?
Sweet Gaia, yes.

Well.  They seem to still support it, at least to the point that I get answers, however unhelpful at solving the problem, from support staff.
Yeah sorry, I haven't checked in a while.  I probably misremembered.
She/they

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88483 on: October 25, 2015, 09:27:29 pm »

Youtube just gave me an ad for the store where I work - the Halloween one that I've been hearing almost nonstop for the past month.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88484 on: October 25, 2015, 10:19:51 pm »

But that is a good idea.
The best.
You were saying?
You're that ninja...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5897 5898 [5899] 5900 5901 ... 11040