Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5895 5896 [5897] 5898 5899 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453022 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88440 on: October 25, 2015, 12:07:49 pm »

Checker's just screwed up my order. They had a drive-thru order at the same time they were doing mine, and gave me that one. I ate it because it's a 20-25 minute walk round-trip, and the order I got was twice as pricey.

That's like, totally theft, man.

But not your fault, so oh well. I've done the same thing with a Chinese delivery, though that was because part of the order was the same as mine, and I had started eating that bit before realising the rest wasn't right.

Quite annoying, 'cause I'm quite finicky with food. Quick call sorted it out though. I got my salt-and-chilli shredded chicken.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88441 on: October 25, 2015, 02:48:02 pm »

YAY! Jem and the Holograms movie is flopping!

Take THAT completely inaccurate movie!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #88442 on: October 25, 2015, 02:56:12 pm »

Whenever I hear the title of that movie all I can think of is To Kill a Mockingbird.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88443 on: October 25, 2015, 03:24:21 pm »

Whenever I hear the title of that movie all I can think of is To Kill a Mockingbird.
What is the deal with that "kill mockingbird" thing? Wikipedia doesn't really answer the question "why the hell everyone keeps mentioning it on the Internet".
._.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #88444 on: October 25, 2015, 03:27:28 pm »

It's because it is a very commonly read book in American high school English classes, and it happens to have one of the main characters named "Jem", which is not exactly a common English name in the US, so associations and whatnot.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88445 on: October 25, 2015, 03:30:45 pm »

It's because it is a very commonly read book in American high school English classes, and it happens to have one of the main characters named "Jem", which is not exactly a common English name in the US, so associations and whatnot.

Her real name is a hilariously terrible (but real) name. Jerrica

It is also one of the most famous "White people dealing with black people problem" books and movies ever created. It makes white people happy about themselves : 3

I mean SEE your not racist. You read the book :P

Goodness I know I am joking... but I honestly wonder how much of that... is a factor... "White people dealing with *insert race here* problems" is pretty much a genre.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:38:03 pm by Neonivek »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #88446 on: October 25, 2015, 04:21:00 pm »

I can confirm that it's popular in English schools too.

Popular amongst English teachers, anyway. not so much amongst pupils.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #88447 on: October 25, 2015, 04:26:58 pm »

Weird thing is, I didn't like it at first, but having to read the book over and over for my papers in english class made me eventually grow to absolutely love it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #88448 on: October 25, 2015, 04:32:08 pm »

Print-holm Syndrome?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #88449 on: October 25, 2015, 04:32:44 pm »

Print-holm Syndrome?
Now you're just making everything seem like it's from Sweden.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88450 on: October 25, 2015, 04:55:34 pm »

I don't think I ever read that, actually.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88451 on: October 25, 2015, 04:56:23 pm »

I know for a fact I haven't read it yet, but eh. They may just be saving it for later years.
The teachers, I mean.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88452 on: October 25, 2015, 04:58:27 pm »

To Kill A Mockingbird? Eh, whatever. If you should ever find yourself unironically enjoying Walden, though, it's time to see help for your trauma.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #88453 on: October 25, 2015, 04:59:05 pm »

The movie Let's kill Wards wife.

Starts out as a somewhat weird dark comedy type of deal, nothing too special, only maybe how hard it's trying to portray the titular wife as an absolutely hateable piece of shit. And then the murder thing happens and stuff gets stupidly wierd from there, like, uncomfortable levels of wierd (and I'm very used to some wierd stuff), to the point of actually wondering what the fuck were they thinking when they made this.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88454 on: October 25, 2015, 05:00:53 pm »

Weird thing is, I didn't like it at first, but having to read the book over and over for my papers in english class made me eventually grow to absolutely love it.

It doesn't help that school is absolutely hell bent at making you hate books at all costs!

Between having idiotic topics "Who is the main character of this book" (ohh my... two main characters? UNHEARD OF!), Insanely stupid descriptions of books, and just flat out overanalyzing of books to the point where you could look at a sentence and probably pull out the bible.
Pages: 1 ... 5895 5896 [5897] 5898 5899 ... 11040