Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5885 5886 [5887] 5888 5889 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461344 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88290 on: October 22, 2015, 06:02:44 pm »

In at least a handful of states it's legal to carry a sword

Might as well be illegal if the local law enforcement aren't up on their state law :p

Extrapolating from this, In practice it probably depends more on if you're black
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88291 on: October 22, 2015, 06:12:46 pm »

In at least a handful of states it's legal to carry a sword

Might as well be illegal if the local law enforcement aren't up on their state law :p

Extrapolating from this, In practice it probably depends more on if you're black

That's totally racist!

But also probably totally true.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88292 on: October 22, 2015, 07:17:39 pm »

Ah a wtf story well i have one

Okay history class 3rd period my the class was playing a game where we played the countries involved in world war 1 i was russia i took over romania and bulgaria along with greece and severed my alliances with the allies and helped destroy austria hungary by convincing germany and italy to attack them i destroyed them but then the ottoman empire broke our secret alliance turned on me  should have destroyed him turn 1 my forces we're decimated it was 1918 and the allies were putting germany in a difficult position and thousands of soldiers had died along with millions of innocents so i proposed a peace a treaty known as the treaty of franz ferdinhind within this treaty it demanded the ottomans give me back my land and greece would be granted independence from russian rule and austria hungary would be kept by the people who conquered it until those people could rebuild their damaged country it also demanded immediate demiltarization along with the end of world war 1

Everyone except portugal screamed no we want more murder and i then realized i was the nicest person in the room
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88293 on: October 22, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »

In at least a handful of states it's legal to carry a sword as long as it's sheathed and in plain view, though many states have additional laws that just outright flat prohibit carrying blades over a certain length unless in a historical re-enactment/etc.. Additionally things like cane swords often get caught under the "Concealed weapons" law, so you can't necessarily carry them.
That said if the blade in question is over 100-120 years old (IIRC the exact age depends on the state) then it counts as an "antique" instead of a weapon (assuming you aren't actually using it as a weapon at the time), and you can do pretty much whatever you want with it, since it would be the same as say, carrying around an antique vase under the law.
In Britain we ban everything, even assault vases
There was actually a big thing back with the umbrellas that had sword handles and hilts, since the police kept nearly getting heart attacks and bobbly sticks out over brolleys

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88294 on: October 22, 2015, 08:45:19 pm »

Look out for that Trilby character, his brolly has a taser.  No wonder guards cower in fear at the sight of him.
(The Art of Theft)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88295 on: October 22, 2015, 09:29:41 pm »

In Britain we ban everything, even assault vases
There was actually a big thing back with the umbrellas that had sword handles and hilts, since the police kept nearly getting heart attacks and bobbly sticks out over brolleys
In NZ it's illegal to carry a weapon. A weapon is defined as anything that is used as a weapon. :. it is illegal to carry anything.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:14:33 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88296 on: October 22, 2015, 09:41:24 pm »

Noticed that my avatar was dead linking. I logged on to my Dropbox and the file was still exactly where I left it. It's possible that my account was temporarily deactivated since I haven't used it in years, but I wasn't expecting that.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88297 on: October 22, 2015, 09:55:32 pm »

You know... Lazy Town is a VERY unique show in that...

It is a show about living a healthy active lifestyle.

Yet it treats candy and videogames as something not only good but inherently attractive... Where as most shows treat them like they are EVIL!!!

Heck both the Candy kid and Computer kid NEVER are asked to give up what they like. O_o

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88298 on: October 22, 2015, 10:01:48 pm »

Its like they're trying to sneak in a realist's point or something about having fun and being healthy not being polar opposites.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88299 on: October 22, 2015, 10:11:04 pm »

Ain't that that kids show with mini-Leeloo and swol-Waluigi?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88300 on: October 22, 2015, 10:15:22 pm »

You mean this one?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88301 on: October 22, 2015, 10:22:34 pm »

Its like they're trying to sneak in a realist's point or something about having fun and being healthy not being polar opposites.

Yeah since when are we trying to teach kids valuable lessons?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88302 on: October 22, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »

You mean this one?
How odd, I keep listening but it doesn't get any less good.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88303 on: October 22, 2015, 11:03:04 pm »

Well it is made by a pirate metal band, so what did you expect?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88304 on: October 22, 2015, 11:18:21 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elfv5XD-ZUQ

If you want to die from Lazytown music.
Pages: 1 ... 5885 5886 [5887] 5888 5889 ... 11040