Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5818 5819 [5820] 5821 5822 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473260 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87285 on: October 07, 2015, 11:11:13 am »

It's my favourite song of the whole thing. I'm not sure if Neo was chatting shit about it or not, but if so we're going to have to have a short textual spat over it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87286 on: October 07, 2015, 11:15:20 am »

Its my favorite too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87287 on: October 07, 2015, 11:17:01 am »

Frozen is a movie about a girl who somehow has ice powers learning to control them even though the ice is animated like blue plastic and also her sister is there

It's a combination of Carrie, The Day After Tomorrow, and Frosty the Snowman
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87288 on: October 07, 2015, 11:19:52 am »

Frozen is a movie about a girl who somehow has ice powers learning to control them even though the ice is animated like blue plastic and also her sister is there

And the moral of the story is: Don't take responsibility for anything. Just shirk your responsibility on and on and on and eventually the problem will solve itself.

Ohh and if you don't like the person your with, change them.

Also no, it wasn't a dig at that opening song it was good.

If I am going to take a dig on any song it is going to be "A bit of a fixer upper" which is the WORST song in the movie and quite abhorant. Especially with its "saving throw line".
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:21:37 am by Neonivek »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87289 on: October 07, 2015, 11:21:41 am »

Or Fury Road. I don't know if I want to, though.
You want to. You want to, or so help me, I will find where you live and spray you right in the fucking face with a can of chrome paint.

WITNESS ME

So.....yeah. It's a good movie.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87290 on: October 07, 2015, 11:22:27 am »

And the moral of the story is: Don't take responsibility for anything. Just shirk your responsibility on and on and on and eventually the problem will solve itself.

Ohh and if you don't like the person your with, change them.
Also, people who run away with ice powers get to build their own fancy ice palace on their own mountains and then argue with guests/invaders.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87291 on: October 07, 2015, 11:23:33 am »

I still haven't seen Frozen. Or The Martian. Or Fury Road. I don't know if I want to, though.

I don't think I've watched a movie in the last four months. Probably says a lot about me...

WTF is The Martian even about? The ads are extremely vague.

(Come to think of it, so were the ads for Frozen)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87292 on: October 07, 2015, 11:25:42 am »

Or Fury Road. I don't know if I want to, though.
You want to. You want to, or so help me, I will find where you live and spray you right in the fucking face with a can of chrome paint.

WITNESS ME

So.....yeah. It's a good movie.

Yeah, but movies run for two to two and a half hours. I can finish a novel in that time.

That's literally the reason I don't watch movies.

WTF is The Martian even about? The ads are extremely vague.

Matt Damon gets stuck on Mars with hard science (that's a bit squishy in parts) but bad maths, as far as I can tell.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87293 on: October 07, 2015, 11:26:13 am »

Mission to mars fail in spectacular manner and lone survivor has to struggle to avoid ceasing all body metabolic functions, a state better known as fucking dead. And somewhere in there there's a rescue mission.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87294 on: October 07, 2015, 11:28:38 am »

Mission to mars fail in spectacular manner and lone survivor has to struggle to avoid ceasing all body metabolic functions, a state better known as fucking dead. And somewhere in there there's a rescue mission.
Also its based on a book or something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87295 on: October 07, 2015, 11:31:59 am »

It's because >95% of all of our national lawmakers fall into either the "elderly" or "aging" categories. Right now only 7% of the House of Representatives and 1% of Senators are under the age of 40, despite the fact that currently some 45% of eligible voters are under the age of 40 at the moment (and 59% of the total population is under the age of 40).
That's actually not unreasonable. You have to be 25 to get into the House and 30 for the Senate, and pretty much every national-level politician already has an established career, either in politics, law, or occasionally something else.

Which brings up another point. We need a constitutional amendment to lower the minimum ages for these jobs. If nexessary maybe also set a maximum age. That way we'd have fewer politicians who are completely put of the loop as well as fewer politicians with established careers in politics or law. We also need term limits for everything and, while we're at it, to get rid of the natural born citizen clause (although there should be a minimum number of years of citizenship; maybe just not count years prior to gaining citizenship towards the new lower minimum age)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87296 on: October 07, 2015, 11:39:57 am »

Also its based on a book or something.
It's a pretty good book tho. The book is also goddamn hilarious (if you enjoy dark comedy (which I do)), but having not seen the movie yet I don't know how much of it got on-screen (don't tell me (I'm using too many parenthesis)).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87297 on: October 07, 2015, 11:40:21 am »

Yeah, but movies run for two to two and a half hours. I can finish a novel in that time.

If it's a good movie and you have the free time for it, the time investment can easily be worth it. And everything I've heard of Fury Road makes me say you should totally WITNESS IT. I personally haven't WITNESSED IT yet but I'd probably watch it if given the opportunity.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87298 on: October 07, 2015, 11:50:49 am »

If it's a good movie and you have the free time for it, the time investment can easily be worth it. And everything I've heard of Fury Road makes me say you should totally WITNESS IT. I personally haven't WITNESSED IT yet but I'd probably watch it if given the opportunity.
V8!

Seriously though, see the movie. I'm not that into movies and I still feel like I must recommend it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87299 on: October 07, 2015, 11:58:26 am »

Just don't go in expecting some deep drama. It's great entertainment, but incredibly shallow.
Pages: 1 ... 5818 5819 [5820] 5821 5822 ... 11037