Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5782 5783 [5784] 5785 5786 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471361 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86745 on: September 28, 2015, 04:35:13 am »

Hah. Speaking of game screwups- So hungry Blood Bowl II. Meant to buy it for me, accidentally bought it for a friend.
Can't really take it back now, don't have the money to buy it again. But, eh, stupidity has a price. I wonder if it still counts for good karma?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

blazing glory

« Reply #86746 on: September 28, 2015, 04:58:15 am »

Apparently the Steam code was on the case instead of the book thingy /but/, apparently it 'has already been activated', and sending emails to the account that activated it is not giving me results.

I....may have trashed it by asking for Steam Support because they actually responded with something that certainly looks like a CD key, but is actually invalid.

This is a mess.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86747 on: September 28, 2015, 05:12:25 am »

Eh, you know how embarrassing it is, etc.

However, good spot on the counterfeit bill. I've heard of some pretty terrible bills getting through places where they shouldn't.

Counterfeiters need to do a better job of counterfeiting. Not just for their own sake, but for everybody's. If nobody ever realizes the money's fake then nobody ever gets hurt by it.
Inflation is a thing. Essentially you're robbing every money owner holding dollars of a tiny fraction of his wealth. There's no such thing as a free lunch, remember.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86748 on: September 28, 2015, 05:51:20 am »

There's no such thing as a free lunch, remember.
Unless you make it yourself, of course.
._.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86749 on: September 28, 2015, 06:21:19 am »

Still gotta buy/grow/kill the food that consists of the lunch.

As for both children and adults using the same idiotic tactics... well, children learn from the adults and adults are goddamned stupid?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86750 on: September 28, 2015, 06:46:19 am »

Still gotta buy/grow/kill the food that consists of the lunch.
WTF: where my thoughts ended up after reading this. Long story short, there is a such thing as a free lunch, but you really don't want to know what it is.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86751 on: September 28, 2015, 07:58:48 am »

I am trying to think over how a movie can be bad if only a small portion of it is bad such as the ending or last 15 minutes. Even if the rest of it was good.

Yet I think it is because a movie is a whole product and every part of it serves the rest.

I mean no matter how good you make a loaf of bread... no one is going to eat it if there is a spider baked ontop of it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:04:08 am by Neonivek »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86752 on: September 28, 2015, 08:59:47 am »

However, good spot on the counterfeit bill. I've heard of some pretty terrible bills getting through places where they shouldn't.

Counterfeiters need to do a better job of counterfeiting. Not just for their own sake, but for everybody's. If nobody ever realizes the money's fake then nobody ever gets hurt by it.
Inflation is a thing. Essentially you're robbing every money owner holding dollars of a tiny fraction of his wealth. There's no such thing as a free lunch, remember.
I'm pretty sure that in most major economies, counterfeiting does less to damage individual wealth than many legal variables, like the assorted fuckeries of rich people and the stock market.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86753 on: September 28, 2015, 09:06:49 am »

How does it lead to inflati9n if nobody knows that the money supply has been increased?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86754 on: September 28, 2015, 09:11:48 am »

How does it lead to inflati9n if nobody knows that the money supply has been increased?
You introduce more money to the system, thereby the money supply increases. It doesn't matter whenever people notice it or not, the inflation will still happen, because "more money = less buying power per unit of money".
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86755 on: September 28, 2015, 09:31:26 am »

As a certain renowed economist once said: Mo' money, mo' problems
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86756 on: September 28, 2015, 09:32:13 am »

As a certain renowed economist once said: Mo' money, mo' problems

Wasn't he shot to death?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86757 on: September 28, 2015, 10:29:52 am »

Shadow the Hedgehog was made in 2005. Sonic '06 was made in... well 2006 obviously.
Why then are the animations in cutscenes so much better in the former than the latter?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86758 on: September 28, 2015, 10:41:18 am »

Because it's Sonic '06? There's a lot more to ask "Why?!" about in that game than just graphics quality.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86759 on: September 28, 2015, 10:51:24 am »

NVM, after looking in detain Shadew the Edgehog wasn't done by Sonic Team. Makes sense because facial animation has never been one of their competencies, it's be weird to see such an improvement in the development of one game.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5782 5783 [5784] 5785 5786 ... 11037