Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5764 5765 [5766] 5767 5768 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463905 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86475 on: September 24, 2015, 12:28:03 pm »

Apparently, I know people who think the Pope is a sleeper agent for the devil.  Same deal for Obama too, but that one isn't as surprisingly wtf.
So the Pope's visit to the US was... what, a meeting in order to determine when CERN's hellgate will be opened?
No just the usual meet-and-greet-and-drink-the-blood-of-the-innocent-while-laughing-maniacally kind of visit.
All hail the Spider Queen!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86476 on: September 24, 2015, 12:28:41 pm »

As far as I can tell, there's a fifty megabyte update for Dota 2... to fix a bug where checkmarks were not showing up in a certain instance. What the heck?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86477 on: September 24, 2015, 12:30:33 pm »

As far as I can tell, there's a fifty megabyte update for Dota 2... to fix a bug where checkmarks were not showing up in a certain instance. What the heck?
Those checkmarks have been painstakingly modeled and rendered in high-definition DX12 custom renders. That's the only logical answer.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86478 on: September 24, 2015, 12:34:53 pm »

IIRC steam doesn't do delta updates with less granularity than file-level

AKA the fix was probably in a 50 MB file that needed to be downloaded in full

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86479 on: September 24, 2015, 12:44:02 pm »

Apparently, I know people who think the Pope is a sleeper agent for the devil.  Same deal for Obama too, but that one isn't as surprisingly wtf.
So the Pope's visit to the US was... what, a meeting in order to determine when CERN's hellgate will be opened?
No just the usual meet-and-greet-and-drink-the-blood-of-the-innocent-while-laughing-maniacally kind of visit.
All hail the Spider Queen!
This would make a good mafia; like BYOPicture, but BYOPublic or Private Demon-wroshipping figure, for a demonic convention. And you'd have to work out who wasn't a devil worshipper.
One wheel short of a wagon

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86480 on: September 24, 2015, 01:20:09 pm »

Us militant Protestants think the Catholic Church is an apostasy.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #86481 on: September 24, 2015, 01:24:26 pm »

Quote from: Revelation 13:11-14
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86482 on: September 24, 2015, 01:43:45 pm »

IIRC steam doesn't do delta updates with less granularity than file-level

AKA the fix was probably in a 50 MB file that needed to be downloaded in full

I guess that makes sense. I wish they didn't do it like that, but it's understandable.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86483 on: September 24, 2015, 01:51:16 pm »

Quote from: Revelation 13:11-14
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

That doesn't sound like a good description.  I mean how does one speak like a dragon exactly?  I don't think anyone ever has heard a dragon speak.  For all we know, they may sound like Catbug or Brightwing*.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:53:02 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86484 on: September 24, 2015, 01:58:24 pm »

How to speak dragon: First, set everything around you on fire. Then, violently step on everything that isn't burnt. Finally, eat everything no longer able to run away fast enough.

Congratulations! You now know how to speak fluent dragon. Body language is a big thing for the draconic. Remember that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86485 on: September 24, 2015, 02:00:25 pm »

Admittedly, it'd be pretty badass if the Pope went all FUS RO DAH and knocked Congress on their asses.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #86486 on: September 24, 2015, 02:09:23 pm »

Admittedly, it'd be pretty badass if the Pope went all FUS RO DAH and knocked Congress on their asses.

He did work as a nightclub bouncer in his younger years...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #86487 on: September 24, 2015, 02:15:42 pm »

I envy you people and your ability to go to sleep, and subsequently wake up, when you want on a regular schedule. I go to bed @ 10:00 or so, but don't get to sleep until often a few hours past midnight... and then I whack the snooze button ~5-6 times before becoming aware the alarm is ringing.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86488 on: September 24, 2015, 02:20:34 pm »

While I suck massively at actualy sleeping when I want to, I have an uncanny ability to always wake up about 30 minutes before the actual time I have to wake up.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86489 on: September 24, 2015, 02:29:38 pm »

I have a combination of both of the above. I can't get to sleep for crap, then a family member always gets up first and disturbs me.

Then, around noon, I take a nap wherever I happen to be standing at the time. Or driving down the highway, serving a customer...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 5764 5765 [5766] 5767 5768 ... 11040