Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5729 5730 [5731] 5732 5733 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14466300 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85950 on: September 17, 2015, 02:21:25 pm »

I have visited this website.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85951 on: September 17, 2015, 02:24:42 pm »

Man, all this talk made me glance at my oldest posts, and now I'm nostalgic.
I miss my old fort, Slaughterrocks. I can't even remember what happened to it in the end... might have been FPS death.
I'm pretty sure it's still hidden away on my old laptop's hard drive, frozen in time. :-\

Edit: I really do miss the days when hardened military dwarves got a happy thought from slaying their enemies, rather than winding up a blubbering mess at the first sign of combat.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:29:59 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85952 on: September 17, 2015, 03:00:48 pm »

I miss the days carp would pull my woodworkers into ponds because they were trying to drink from the pond, rather than the nice well I'd made for them. The carp would horribly murder them by process of extended mutilation.

So after further conversations it seems the commentary cashier finds me "nerdy-cute like Sheldon's roommate"
I still have been unable to comprehend just what that actually means, like, does she think I'm attractive, childishly adorable, what?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 03:14:45 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #85953 on: September 17, 2015, 03:16:28 pm »

I miss the days carp would pull my woodworkers into ponds because they were trying to drink from the pond, rather than the nice well I'd made for them. The carp would horribly murder them by process of extended mutilation.
Except the truth is that carp never really pulled people in at all. Instead what happened was the carp would attack them, and the woodworkers, fearing for their life, would suicidally dodge away by throwing themselves into the river of horrors. :P

It was a glorious example of dwarven intelligence at its finest. :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #85954 on: September 17, 2015, 03:19:59 pm »

So after further conversations it seems the commentary cashier finds me "nerdy-cute like Sheldon's roommate"
I still have been unable to comprehend just what that actually means, like, does she think I'm attractive, childishly adorable, what?
Having watched the show she's referring to now and then, she's probably saying that you're cute in an awkward sort of way.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85955 on: September 17, 2015, 03:22:22 pm »

Assuming gender/orientation correlation, and that she isn't just being nice to you because you're a customer (not quite sure of relations) that perhaps she wouldn't be entirely offended if you asked her out?
One wheel short of a wagon

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85956 on: September 17, 2015, 03:24:04 pm »

I've been here since the 2D days and remember when striking adamantium would start a counter that would end the whole game.

On an unrelated note, our company met its annual sales or revenue goal 3 1/2 months early so we're having free lunch tomorrow.  In other words, because we have a wildly inaccurate forecaster we all get pizza.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85957 on: September 17, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »

Except the truth is that carp never really pulled people in at all. Instead what happened was the carp would attack them, and the woodworkers, fearing for their life, would suicidally dodge away by throwing themselves into the river of horrors. :P

It was a glorious example of dwarven intelligence at its finest. :D

"Never say never, Grandpa!"
The carp did latch on and yank them into the river on occasion!

Also, yeah, I'm going to assume its the awkward angle. That's like the only slope I operate on anymore.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85958 on: September 17, 2015, 03:34:15 pm »

Spoiler: His eyes (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85959 on: September 17, 2015, 03:36:25 pm »

Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #85960 on: September 17, 2015, 03:40:05 pm »

I have never seen anyone's eyes change that quickly, holy ship.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #85961 on: September 17, 2015, 03:49:15 pm »

On an unrelated note, our company met its annual sales or revenue goal 3 1/2 months early so we're having free lunch tomorrow.  In other words, because we have a wildly inaccurate forecaster we all get pizza.

Sunny, with a chance of pizza.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85962 on: September 17, 2015, 03:52:31 pm »

There is no room to complain when you get free meals.
I make Spellcrafts!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85963 on: September 17, 2015, 04:05:03 pm »

Unless it cost you two paid meals to get, or something else along those lines. Plenty of room to complain when you get free meals, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85964 on: September 17, 2015, 04:50:11 pm »

And in the meantime, our boss keeps complaining the production team(that's me) isn't outputting enough - we have to do about 9300lbs of stuff a day, apparently - and dropping some hints that because the output-per-person doesn't seem to be that high that he might start laying people off(which may be an idle threat, our turnover rate is high enough tyvm). And then he goes on vacation.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5729 5730 [5731] 5732 5733 ... 11037