Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5714 5715 [5716] 5717 5718 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463491 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85725 on: September 15, 2015, 12:34:31 pm »

Why is Google giving me ads for a site where I can "become Jewish online at your own pace"?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85726 on: September 15, 2015, 12:36:23 pm »

Presumably to aid you in wooing all the fine jewish ladies (or lads, I guess) around you?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85727 on: September 15, 2015, 12:39:09 pm »

Get yourself a sweet, sweet circumcision (online, at your own pace).
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85728 on: September 15, 2015, 12:41:24 pm »

You can burn yourself out so quickly with those DIY Judaism entry books, you've gotta learn to pace youself or do it online.
One wheel short of a wagon

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85729 on: September 15, 2015, 12:43:33 pm »

I read a thread on /biz one time where a guy wanted to become Jewish so that he could get in on networking opportunities. IDK if that's what the advert was aiming for but there's reasons.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85730 on: September 15, 2015, 12:57:03 pm »

My wtf: the amont one can totally forget everything one knows about go, and the speed at which one gets better.
One wheel short of a wagon

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85731 on: September 15, 2015, 01:43:53 pm »

I wish the "slice of life" genre was more populated. :-\
The Sims 3 is probably one of my favourite games, even with all its glaring faults- there are just no better alternatives that fill the same niche as far as I am aware.
Bingo. At least The Sims 3's towns looked and felt like people could exist there.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85732 on: September 15, 2015, 03:32:56 pm »

I read a thread on /biz one time where a guy wanted to become Jewish so that he could get in on networking opportunities. IDK if that's what the advert was aiming for but there's reasons.
/biz/ or /pol/?

Suddenly I'm trying to imagine what reasons a /pol/ack would give for becoming a Jew. "Infiltration" or something.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:34:52 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85733 on: September 15, 2015, 03:50:01 pm »

There was a Seinfeld episode like that, only in the Seinfeld episode the guy became Jewish so that he could tell jokes about Jewish stereotypes without being condemned
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85734 on: September 15, 2015, 04:09:37 pm »

There was also an episode of Orange is the New Black where a bunch of prisoners did that because the kosher food was better.  They actually explored it past one episode though, as a side thing.  Was kinda neat.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85735 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:04 pm »

My nan called customer support for her internet provider because she forgot her wifi password. Their response was to ask her to turn her router off and back on again, and try connecting then.

They then proceeded to give her the wrong SSID, and wasted a ton of time because there is no network in the area with the same name as what she was told. Then given her a password and told her to try it on every possible network. Then we found a sticker on the side of her router that had all the info she was looking for.

Elections for something. I'm not sure what, as the signs don't say. All of the signs have "re-elect X" on them. Either they all won at one point, or someone's lying. A large number of one runner's signs have been defaced to remove the "re-" part.

Also, apparently another runner "#fites4u".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85736 on: September 15, 2015, 04:47:53 pm »

Someone has been spreading a conspiracy theory that CERN is going to open a portal to hell next week. Some stuff relating to adding locations on Google Maps and then writing about it in the Google reviews.
Why is this even a thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85737 on: September 15, 2015, 04:51:47 pm »

E1M1: CERN Anomaly? :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #85738 on: September 15, 2015, 04:53:26 pm »

Someone has been spreading a conspiracy theory that CERN is going to open a portal to hell next week. Some stuff relating to adding locations on Google Maps and then writing about it in the Google reviews.
I, for one, welcome our new hellspawn overlords.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #85739 on: September 15, 2015, 04:56:56 pm »

It's not even a new conspiracy theory, it's an old one that's been updated.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5714 5715 [5716] 5717 5718 ... 11040