Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5706 5707 [5708] 5709 5710 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460860 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85605 on: September 13, 2015, 04:59:17 pm »

All you guys talking about animal penises and I have nothing to contribute.

Today was a good day.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #85606 on: September 13, 2015, 05:20:31 pm »

Oh, talking about animal penises?
I remember one type of fish swordfights with it's dongus, and whoever wins becomes the... *ahem*... Male, of the situation.
I actually got in trouble at school for talking about it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85607 on: September 13, 2015, 05:23:49 pm »

It's called "penis fencing" in flatworms.
Dunno if any fish do it.  Whales do have penis fencing but um.... it's different.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #85608 on: September 13, 2015, 05:24:27 pm »

Yeah, yeah, it was probably flatworms I was thinking about.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #85609 on: September 13, 2015, 05:31:20 pm »

Oh, biologists.

I think it's amazing how these creatures actually attempt to stab each other with their dicks. Nature is beautiful.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85610 on: September 13, 2015, 05:35:28 pm »

Whales do threesomes, if I remember correctly.

Anyhow, been trying download and install an MMO. Ryzom, to be exact(there's a 6-year old topic in OG). Download is fine, account creation is a bit weird(explained a bit below). I try to run the installer, it causes Windows Explorer to lock up, eventually I crash it. Until then, the installer process does not appear in Task Manager until I crash and restart Explorer. After one time Explorer doesn't lock up completely(and so, I cannot crash it), and about 15-20 minutes later, I finally see that the installer is verifying itself.

Whilst waiting for all that, I first try to use 7-Zip to just extract everything in the installer package(still waiting on that), and look up to see if my problem is unique. Apparently so, but that's not all, I found that the whole game, forum, etc., has such garbage security. Passwords are poorly encrypted, as well as limited to be between 5-8 alphanumeric(no spaces, special chars). Even after a significant hack attack a year ago, it appears to not have been fixed. Only billing seems reasonably secure, solely because it's handled by third parties.

Still gonna try playing it, it looked interesting. It's not like I use anything too sensitive in my game account.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #85611 on: September 13, 2015, 05:35:36 pm »

No, no. God's creation is beautiful in its dickishness :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85612 on: September 13, 2015, 05:48:42 pm »

A more modern one might be F.E.A.R. 2.

I found this far funnier than I should have.  :P
Hey, it's pretty spot-on for what happened.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85613 on: September 13, 2015, 06:44:49 pm »

Whales do threesomes, if I remember correctly.

And bonobos do just about everything.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85614 on: September 13, 2015, 07:10:35 pm »

It's called "penis fencing" in flatworms.
Dunno if any fish do it.  Whales do have penis fencing but um.... it's different.
Pretty sure there's some sea cucumbers that do that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85615 on: September 13, 2015, 08:59:38 pm »

So I was watching the first video on the Steam page for Black Mesa. Pay attention about half-way through, when the soldier gives the thumbs-up to the camera: he starts to turn away and put his hand down like they're done filming, but then he realizes the camera's still rolling, quickly turns back and takes the pose again.

That's... a really impressive detail. If I were animating that trailer, I would never have thought to include something like that in a thousand years. And that's why I'm not an animator.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85616 on: September 13, 2015, 11:33:24 pm »

So I was watching the first video on the Steam page for Black Mesa. Pay attention about half-way through, when the soldier gives the thumbs-up to the camera: he starts to turn away and put his hand down like they're done filming, but then he realizes the camera's still rolling, quickly turns back and takes the pose again.

That's... a really impressive detail. If I were animating that trailer, I would never have thought to include something like that in a thousand years. And that's why I'm not an animator.

That's actually a really cool vid. If you listen, too, at that spot you can hear his squadmates laughing at him.

Anyway, yesterday I had to literally deal with someone's shit at work. It looked like someone walked a cow into the goddamn bathroom, and smelled a million times worse. They completely missed the toilet into a neat pile... And then tracked it around the bathroom.

...why? Why would someone do that? The worst part was that it wasn't even the first time that day. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with that one. I'm afraid we have a serial pooper at the local McDonald's.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85617 on: September 14, 2015, 12:43:47 am »

I fel for you, man. I had to clean a masterfully done impression of some guys hairy ass, in shit, off of our toilet seat, because apparently someone couldn't aim. I hear horror stories about what you found as well.
Then there's some lady who has literally been stopping by our gas pumps to throw sacks of poop into the trash cans, and we can't get a good shot of her license plates on the cameras. I feel bad for my coworker had to find that and clean it up...

People are gross... And dumb. And weird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85618 on: September 14, 2015, 12:54:14 am »

* Koss reads the above post.
THAT MADE ME WTF TODAY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85619 on: September 14, 2015, 01:06:05 am »

I need to remember NEVER to touch Mojo links

They are FLAT out unmitigated click bait.

I seen the one on "Worst Aged games" because I thought that would be interesting because... While I have a few games I considered to have aged to being near unplayable (I do play the OOOoooOoooold Classics), I am certainly not aware of all of them. I mean there is Alone in the Dark which while I will still admit is still scary, it does so purely on atmosphere and how alien everything looks because of how terribly blocky everything is, and that is just the graphics. The game is near unplayable now adays and even has precision platforming with DREADFUL controls

BOOM! it is just a list of 10 classics that are still popular and they justify it with the weakest reasoning possible... Ohh my... blocky textures and mildly gameplay annoyances... Man... it must have been so hard revisiting those games with those problems...

The thing is that I KNOW the lists are poorly made on purpose. They are trolling the audience so they will make lots of posts and do negative votes in droves... but goodness they are good at that.

---

By the way here is their list

Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Team Fortress Classic, Metroid, Starfox, Silent Hill, Virtua Fighter, Golden Eye, Grand Theft Auto 3, and Tomb Raider.

Now of these... How many of them would get on your list of worst aged games?
Pages: 1 ... 5706 5707 [5708] 5709 5710 ... 11040