Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5700 5701 [5702] 5703 5704 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451984 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85515 on: September 12, 2015, 08:34:10 am »

Also Owlga has a girlfriend?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85516 on: September 12, 2015, 08:38:00 am »

I assume Gunner-Chan.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85517 on: September 12, 2015, 08:41:22 am »

Lies. Youtube playlists have a shuffle button :V
Yes, but if you're going to listen to something on youtube often you might as well download it off of there. That way you can add it to all the other stuff you have for even bigger shuffle, and gain 100% dodge on random dmca claims as well when you want to listen to it as a bonus.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85518 on: September 12, 2015, 08:42:33 am »

Lies. Youtube playlists have a shuffle button :V
Yes, but if you're going to listen to something on youtube often you might as well download it off of there. That way you can add it to all the other stuff you have for even bigger shuffle, and gain 100% dodge on random dmca claims as well when you want to listen to it as a bonus.
Downloading from youtube butchers audio quality though.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85519 on: September 12, 2015, 08:43:41 am »

Are you sure? Because I generally can download whichever quality is the highest, and it sounds exactly the same afterwards.
Edit: using this addon, specifically. Not sure what you're using thats breaking the quality.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 08:47:31 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85520 on: September 12, 2015, 08:47:43 am »

Are you sure? Because I generally can download whichever quality is the highest, and it sounds exactly the same afterwards.
Eh. Guess I got lousy quality downloads in the past and it skewed my opinion.

I definitely remember reading that youtube's uploading process compresses audio and as a result, tracks on youtube won't be as high quality as the music played directly from a cd or other source.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85521 on: September 12, 2015, 08:54:36 am »

That really only matters if you're a dog or a cat or a bat or something.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85522 on: September 12, 2015, 09:58:46 am »

The official Poser 3D Twitter account favorited my tweet for... some reason? It had nothing to do with 3D at all, I'm not even sure how they saw it unless they were going over #gamedev posts with a fine-tooth comb.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85523 on: September 12, 2015, 09:59:21 am »

Twitter is weird.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85524 on: September 12, 2015, 10:22:12 am »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382890/

A remastered  FFV is coming to steam. The WTF is coming from those FAAAABULOUS character portraits that make them out to be immaculate pale porcelain dolls with obviously incorrect hair colors.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85525 on: September 12, 2015, 10:31:04 am »

... That's the original Yoshitaka Amano art for the characters. He did the art for all of the classic Final Fantasy games, and AFAIK he still does most of the drawings for the Final Fantasy series. His drawings would have appeared in the game's manuals, and possibly on the packaging itself in some regions. The character portraits in FFIV and VI were based on his concepts for them, albeit with more saturated colors and the occasional hair color change.

IMHO, his art is the best vision for the Final Fantasy series. I wish they'd make a game that actually looked like his art.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:32:53 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85526 on: September 12, 2015, 10:53:37 am »

I'm well aware of what they are, they just don't fit in. I remember the first time I saw the Yoshitake Amano art, it was in the FFIV + Chrono Trigger bundle cd for the PS1, and I had just straight up no clue what I was even looking at. I'm channeling my middle school self here, who looked at it and didn't even realize the pictures were supposed to be of humans.

I mean, sure, they're cool art, but place them beside the 16-bit pixel art that represented the actual games, and I don't see the connection at all. Making the character portraits this wildly different style is not only inconsistent, it's artistically intrusive.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85527 on: September 12, 2015, 11:33:11 am »

that was about half a day's worth of calories that I just ate in one sitting.
i see you enjoy small pizzas
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85528 on: September 12, 2015, 01:57:23 pm »

I stopped to get gas on the way home, and the cashier called me "nerdy-cute."

Like, I don't even know how to process that. I've never been called cute. Nerdy-cute? Wtf?
Did you invite her back to your place to watch your Star Wars blu-rays?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85529 on: September 12, 2015, 02:05:50 pm »

Forum's being really slow and shit on my phone net.
No idea why, everything else is just skippy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5700 5701 [5702] 5703 5704 ... 11040