Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5697 5698 [5699] 5700 5701 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462075 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85470 on: September 11, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »

People used their high school lockers? o.0
Oh sure. Six classes a day, thick heavy books for each, plus notebooks. My school had centralized lockers so I could visit on each break and trade stuff around.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85471 on: September 11, 2015, 06:11:35 pm »

Also, a story told to me by the woman who's been giving me rides (halfway) home from work: She got home yesterday after a dental procedure+grocery shopping, where her husband tells her that one of her (many) cats got hit by a car. She gets angry because he left the dead cat in a garbage bag outside for the garbage man to pick up. She takes it to the vet to be cremated. Then she learns it wasn't her cat, it was owned by the neighbor across the street. After being informed of this hours later, neighbor seems indifferent, and also does not even offer to help pay for the fairly expensive cremation.

To be fair it does seem like a frivolous expense. Not that I'm saying I's throw it in the trash like the husband did. No, I'd bury it in the yard or something.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85472 on: September 11, 2015, 06:15:27 pm »

Yeah, I treasured my companioncat higher than any human I know, and I buried her.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85473 on: September 11, 2015, 06:20:03 pm »

She tried to, but couldn't break through the ground.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85474 on: September 11, 2015, 06:22:36 pm »

Stealth exercise program. Alternately, lobbying from whoever handles lower back pain (due to overstuffed backpacks) in your local health system.
Metal...LEARN?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #85475 on: September 11, 2015, 06:26:31 pm »

Stealth exercise program. Alternately, lobbying from whoever handles lower back pain (due to overstuffed backpacks) in your local health system.
Metal...LEARN?
Wrong kind of stealth.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85476 on: September 11, 2015, 06:28:05 pm »

Ah. I see. Metal Spine Rising: RevegeaAAAAGH FUCK MY BACK
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #85477 on: September 11, 2015, 06:31:57 pm »

It's 1:30 AM and I should be sleeping because I need to get up at 7, I was sleepy over two hours ago, but now I'm not, and I'm not doing much either, just mindlessly browsing the forums because I cba to activate my brain for anything more involved. Why am I so determined to fuck myself over whenever I get the chance, it's baffling.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85478 on: September 11, 2015, 06:38:18 pm »

It's 1:30 AM and I should be sleeping because I need to get up at 7, I was sleepy over two hours ago, but now I'm not, and I'm not doing much either, just mindlessly browsing the forums because I cba to activate my brain for anything more involved. Why am I so determined to fuck myself over whenever I get the chance, it's baffling.
It really is.
Also
put the computer away, you'll probably pass out from boredom soon enough.
Yeah I'm projecting but that means I know what you're talking about.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85479 on: September 11, 2015, 06:39:59 pm »

Oh sure. Six classes a day, thick heavy books for each, plus notebooks. My school had centralized lockers so I could visit on each break and trade stuff around.
Man. Leaving aside that the lockers at my school were utter shit, they were also super easy to break into and situated such that you usually couldn't make the class->locker->class trip in the four or five minute breaks. Spent four years carrying around 30-40lbs of books and shit every day, which probably didn't do anything good for my back.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85480 on: September 11, 2015, 06:48:03 pm »

Man. Leaving aside that the lockers at my school were utter shit, they were also super easy to break into and situated such that you usually couldn't make the class->locker->class trip in the four or five minute breaks. Spent four years carrying around 30-40lbs of books and shit every day, which probably didn't do anything good for my back.  :P
Oh, I didn't visit before every class. We had two classes, then a fifteen-or-so minute break, then two more, lunch, then the final two. I'd carry stuff for two classes at a time and hit the lockers when I wouldn't have to rush. We also had to provide our own locks, but that meant that your locker could be fairly secure if you invested in a strong padlock or something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85481 on: September 11, 2015, 07:31:31 pm »

Earlier today I saw a dude walking down the middle of one of the less used roads on campus. He was keeping near the middle, but meandering widely such that the pair of SUV's with the university's logo on the side that were following him couldn't get past. I called out to him, but he didn't hear me over his headphones playing some kind of dumbass rap/techno fusion, clearly audible from several meters away. He didn't see me either, because his nose was in his phone. They honked their horns at him, and tried to get around, but still he didn't hear a peep. After about a minute of intense obliviousness, one of them managed to sneak by when he wandered farther than normal over to one side and the other followed close behind. The best part though, is that he had the audacity to yell at them for their carelessness as they went past.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:34:01 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #85482 on: September 11, 2015, 07:45:32 pm »

-facepalm-
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85483 on: September 11, 2015, 08:03:57 pm »

Gee, reckless driving, texting while driving, excessive radio noise...
And yes, that last one is real. In Florida(and probably in New York as well), if they can hear it from 25ft away, you can get a ticket.

Reminds me of a few weeks ago when some bitch was following far too close, and my mother decided to hit the brakes a bit. Coming up to the next red light, the other driver illegally pulls up into a parking lot, starts an argument - despite the fact that she was following too close, which is illegal, puts her entirely at fault even if my mother had decided for the lulz to suddenly stop and let her ram into our back(god forbid if she actually needed to stop), and is generally stupidly dangerous. Then she illegally cuts across traffic the get through the intersection.

I swear, never a cop when you need one. Traffic-light cameras on the other hand, caught that whole scene quite well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85484 on: September 11, 2015, 08:06:42 pm »

... dude was walkin', A. Not drivin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5697 5698 [5699] 5700 5701 ... 11040