Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5665 5666 [5667] 5668 5669 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440545 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84990 on: September 08, 2015, 11:17:38 pm »

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #84991 on: September 09, 2015, 12:51:42 am »

Are you kidding? These babies practically pay for themselves! In fact, in just a few short decades, once these are paid off, you should start to see a massive boost to your earnings (note: claim does not factor in repairs, maintenance, or warranty)!

Do you mean the robots, or actual human babies; because the sarcastic note at the end could easily apply to either (but especially to humans)

Automation systems are useful, but there will never come a time where they replace humans entirely in the workforce unless they become just as smart and versiatile as people - at which point they'd probably immediately go on strike.

Could easily get to the point though where robots replace everybody except for the people who design new robots for previously unencountered situations.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:55:59 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84992 on: September 09, 2015, 01:04:15 am »

Could easily get to the point though where robots replace everybody except for the people who design new robots for previously unencountered situations.
So the good news is we won't have to worry about unemployment, because we'll all be busy designing new robot toys to do everything we don't feel like doing.

Sounds cool.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84993 on: September 09, 2015, 01:28:33 am »

So the good news is we won't have to worry about unemployment, because we'll all be busy designing new robot toys to do everything we don't feel like doing.

Sounds cool.

But I don't want to design robots.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84994 on: September 09, 2015, 02:16:58 am »

So I was watching a Disney original movie (Yes I am sick... Help me!)

And so... It was auto-tune meh-musical for the most part... In fact one of the big issues I think it has is that it is just... boring and plays it safe.

But anyhow I am watching uhh "Descendants" (kind of a What If universe of Disney stuff) and I seen the whole thing and one thing REALLY stands out... The "So you want to be evil?" and well... while it has its problems it is 20 times better then every single song in the dang movie... But that isn't all, she is so good and has no auto-tune (unlike everyone else) that I honestly wonder if they held back because she would have showed everyone up. Heck she even dances in a horrid dress...

Then I looked at several of the other actors and actresses and realized that some of them are also talented singers who get no songs. O_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFWFaSauVU (Just for those who want what I am talking about... don't bother listening to any other song... Other then the opening song, they are songs that wouldn't have even cut it in highschool musical)

So... am I somewhat correct in my thinking that often they hold back the more talented actors and singers for their mediocre build-a-child-stars? Or is this just one of the many cases of a musical having one really great song/Actor?

Ps. The movie's worst song is "Be our Guest".

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #84995 on: September 09, 2015, 05:18:10 am »

Dang, one of my front teeth got dislodged, that's annoying.
Teeth can reset themselves, right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84996 on: September 09, 2015, 05:55:44 am »

try pulling it out and putting it back in

should help

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84997 on: September 09, 2015, 08:01:30 am »

Teeth can feel partially "dislodged" if they suffer some strong impact or something like that. If its actualy dislodged, though, then you better see a dentist soon :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #84998 on: September 09, 2015, 08:06:52 am »

Teeth can feel partially "dislodged" if they suffer some strong impact or something like that. If its actualy dislodged, though, then you better see a dentist soon :v
I mean, it's kinda loose, but not very loose, it happened after I got a elbow to the face (accidental, it was during training in Jiu-Jitsu], still, I'm gonna get it checked out tomorrow.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84999 on: September 09, 2015, 11:07:54 am »

Mechanical turks stronk

Would anyone be interested if I made a random Loud whispers quote generator?
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85000 on: September 09, 2015, 12:23:22 pm »

I'll have you know sir Mechanical Turks are not random for Mechanical Turks are automated machines that are in fact done by humans because it's not worth the effort of automation, hence why automated trucks will never defeat mechanical turkish truck drivers because they are too stronk

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #85001 on: September 09, 2015, 01:01:08 pm »

Mechanical turks stronk

Would anyone be interested if I made a random Loud whispers quote generator?

Not out of a desire to steal your thunder, but out of a desire to see this happen...

'kill first then squabble in parliament than to squabble in parliament and then be killed because nothing was done to disrupt their operations. Lesbyhonest and say fabulous barons are fabulous Marie Le Pen would'

Hmm. Needs work.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85002 on: September 09, 2015, 01:07:10 pm »

I was thinking more of a single two or three letter phrase. But go ahead. You're not wuite there yet, it seems.
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85003 on: September 09, 2015, 01:15:45 pm »

You're going to run into the right question; not whether you can, but whether you should. 30,000 shitposts over 4 years in several writing styles; magma spam, ebin mems, hitler face stabs and apparently fabulous barons and parliament. Such a concoction would be poisonous.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #85004 on: September 09, 2015, 01:17:10 pm »

No, it's all just spam, I'm pretty sure.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 5665 5666 [5667] 5668 5669 ... 11040