Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5650 5651 [5652] 5653 5654 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461103 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84765 on: September 06, 2015, 03:16:58 am »

Eeh, he's alright. I liked the game, to be honest with you. He was a good medium for beating people to near-death with a stick and had one or two really solid lines.
By that standard, Rochelle was a well designed character.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84766 on: September 06, 2015, 04:02:52 am »

I quite liked one of his final lines, when he kills the big bad.
I also adore his design. I don't give a shit if it's a little douchey and 'neckbeardy' or whatever. It's coooool.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84767 on: September 06, 2015, 04:18:34 am »

I quite liked one of his final lines, when he kills the big bad.
I also adore his design. I don't give a shit if it's a little douchey and 'neckbeardy' or whatever. It's coooool.

His design is fine, albeit a bit too conspicuously inconspicuous (In that... he sure looks dang obvious that he is a cyber hacker)

But then again given that EVERYONE knows Aiden Piece is the Vigilante EXCEPT CTOS... I guess his disguise is as poor as it looks. (and no I am not exaggerating. The radio outright names you and everything)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84768 on: September 06, 2015, 04:25:27 am »

I feel like if they make a sequel it'll be a much, MUCH better game.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84769 on: September 06, 2015, 04:27:50 am »

Honestly yeah.

Watchdog's major faults really just boil down to refinement as the game makes no real major errors itself.

They tried something new and didn't get everything right the first time going. There are plenty of series with poor or lackluster first games.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84770 on: September 06, 2015, 05:29:53 am »

Honestly yeah.

Watchdog's major faults really just boil down to refinement as the game makes no real major errors itself.

They tried something new and didn't get everything right the first time going. There are plenty of series with poor or lackluster first games.
Like Assassin's Creed, for example. I've heard the gameplay in AC 1 was outright atrocious.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #84771 on: September 06, 2015, 05:40:19 am »

it was good the first time around

then you have to do it 8 more times

speaking of which:

if you want the ubisoft open world formula distilled to its purest, play the 2008 Prince of Persia; it's nothing but climbing to the tops of towers to unlock more map!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:42:13 am by Putnam »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84772 on: September 06, 2015, 05:43:02 am »

it was good the first time around

then you have to do it ∞ more times
Crap, I'm having flashbacks to World of Warcraft.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84773 on: September 06, 2015, 05:46:02 am »

From what I saw watching someone play 1&2, its not so much atrocious gameplay as it is horribly linear in comparison to its sequel as far as 'interesting things' go.

And then later you have Black Flag Pirate Game, which was pretty fun to see.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #84774 on: September 06, 2015, 06:03:08 am »

My favorite part about watchdogs is when you bring the murderers of your former boss to her mom to make stew
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84775 on: September 06, 2015, 08:00:37 am »

I don't care how famous Basque cooking is, I'll never accept an invitation for dinner to ChairmanPoo's again.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84776 on: September 06, 2015, 08:07:41 am »

Dominoes is my favorite pizza from anywhere that delivers.  I don't know what you guys are on about.

I feel like this is ether a regional thing, or it's caused by people having memories of dominoes from a while ago. Like, ten years ago or so dominoes was really awful, at least around here. But since then they've gotten a lot better. I still like pizza hut more, but dominoes is  pretty okay. So idk if people who think it's really bad just haven't had it for a long time, or if their local dominoes is just bad, or. Maybe. It could just be personal taste... Although that'd be crazy!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84777 on: September 06, 2015, 08:15:40 am »

Australian Dominos is good, (at least assuming your pizza is made by a decent person and they don't fuck it up) I haven't tried it anywhere else.

Also, any pizza that can fold is pretty damn gross. Yeuugh. Either it should be thick, soft and bread-like or thin 'n' crispy.
Personally I usually prefer the thick variety. Thin 'n' crispy can be good if done right, though. I remember a fancy pizza place I visited overseas which did really nice, thin pizza.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #84778 on: September 06, 2015, 08:36:09 am »

I have two pizzerias that deliver to my place, one is crispy-thin pizzeria (with really unusual mix, at least locally, of a spinach-ricotta-eggplant pizza which is delicious) and another thick, both are equally good, although the latter is the kind of pizza you order as a battering ram against hunger.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84779 on: September 06, 2015, 08:39:29 am »

Thing that made me go wtf today: apparently Yoink's arm and hand muscles are so underdeveloped he can't even bend pizza bread. Huh.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 5650 5651 [5652] 5653 5654 ... 11040