Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5646 5647 [5648] 5649 5650 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463224 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84705 on: September 05, 2015, 04:49:56 pm »

... or just get along with your parent(s). Also a fairly viable strategy for enjoyable road trips.

In wtf news, today I have cooked the saddest pizza I've ever seen, and that's with a period of time in which I was trying basically all pizzas purchasable within easy driving range trying to find one that microwaved decently. Lean Cuisine's "vegetarian" pizza (which... isn't. It's a cheese pizza.). Looks like it's mostly cardboard, feels like it's mostly cardboard, functions like it's mostly cardboard. Lost around an eighth of it trying to pry it off the cooking surface included. It's like a little depressed rectangle of pseudo-pizza that just wants to lay down, go to sleep, and stop trying to be food.

Doesn't actually taste that bad for microwave-intended pizza, though, and for all the texture on the hands is terrible and cardboardy the texture in the mouth is alright, if a bit crunchy on the edges. It's the ugliest pizza that could, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84706 on: September 05, 2015, 04:51:52 pm »

Depending on the rennet used in the cheese, it might not even be vegetarian.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #84707 on: September 05, 2015, 04:55:41 pm »

In wtf news, today I have cooked the saddest pizza I've ever seen, and that's with a period of time in which I was trying basically all pizzas purchasable within easy driving range trying to find one that microwaved decently. Lean Cuisine's "vegetarian" pizza (which... isn't. It's a cheese pizza.). Looks like it's mostly cardboard, feels like it's mostly cardboard, functions like it's mostly cardboard. Lost around an eighth of it trying to pry it off the cooking surface included. It's like a little depressed rectangle of pseudo-pizza that just wants to lay down, go to sleep, and stop trying to be food.
You're thinking of vegan, cheese is generally vegetarian.

There are some places in America where incredibly thin pizza is considered good.  As in, "so thin you can barely tell the bread is more than paper", and the cheese/sauce aren't much thicker.  A lot of the pizza I found in Boston was like that, although I stopped looking once I became lactose intolerant.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84708 on: September 05, 2015, 04:57:02 pm »

I read it as though it is vegetarian, it hasn't got any distinguishing features to make it specifically vegetarian rather than just a cheese pizza.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84709 on: September 05, 2015, 04:59:26 pm »

Oh, right.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84710 on: September 05, 2015, 04:59:57 pm »

Yeah, it literally says "vegetarian" on the box. Its vegetable ingredient (note the singular) appears to be tomato sauce. If there's anything else in this thing it's powdered or some sort of spice. Basically someone took a cheese pizza and called it vegetarian because it didn't have any meat in it.
Ask not!
Ask!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84711 on: September 05, 2015, 05:01:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84712 on: September 05, 2015, 05:02:54 pm »

Why microwave pizza though? o_o

Seriously, that's basically the worst way to cook/reheat pizza.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84713 on: September 05, 2015, 05:15:26 pm »

that's how you get soggy pizza

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84714 on: September 05, 2015, 05:17:12 pm »

This one was intended to be microwaved -- box pretty much explicitly said, "Don't cook this anywhere else." Note the Lean Cuisine. They tend to do frozen dinners ostensibly for people trying to diet. Someone else bought it for folks to try, and it had been in the freezer door for... a while. Months.

As for more generally, there was a period where a microwave has the only cooking method I had comfortable access to, and I still wanted to eat pizza occasionally (well, and not eat out, which is fuckoff overpriced). Since, well, it's quicker, easier, and generates less cookery to be cleaned than cooking in the oven. Do cook in the oven more often than not, (because yeah, it's better, and a bit easier to melt cheese and add ingredients and whatnot) but occasionally I get the hankering.

Totino's, by the way, is what I eventually settled on, which had bonus points for being just about the cheapest pizza on the market and the one that comes out least terrible when microwaved. Nuke for about six minutes, depending on oven strength. Comes out with a consistency roughly that of melted cheese (hence my offhand name for it is "melty pizza"), except maybe some crunchy-ish parts at the center. Very good for mixing with other things due to the texture (it's my primary other ingredient for mac&cheese&pizza, ferex), also pretty edible with some extra cheese and lemon pepper (and whatever else is on hand). It is pretty much the worst way to cook pizza, but it's the best option of the worst, that I've found. In that it's actually pretty edible instead of being... not.
Ask not!
Ask!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84715 on: September 05, 2015, 05:25:35 pm »

Yeah, it literally says "vegetarian" on the box. Its vegetable ingredient (note the singular) appears to be tomato sauce. If there's anything else in this thing it's powdered or some sort of spice. Basically someone took a cheese pizza and called it vegetarian because it didn't have any meat in it.
Right.  So like gluten free rice.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #84716 on: September 05, 2015, 05:38:54 pm »

This one was intended to be microwaved -- box pretty much explicitly said, "Don't cook this anywhere else." Note the Lean Cuisine. They tend to do frozen dinners ostensibly for people trying to diet. Someone else bought it for folks to try, and it had been in the freezer door for... a while. Months.

As for more generally, there was a period where a microwave has the only cooking method I had comfortable access to, and I still wanted to eat pizza occasionally (well, and not eat out, which is fuckoff overpriced). Since, well, it's quicker, easier, and generates less cookery to be cleaned than cooking in the oven. Do cook in the oven more often than not, (because yeah, it's better, and a bit easier to melt cheese and add ingredients and whatnot) but occasionally I get the hankering.

Totino's, by the way, is what I eventually settled on, which had bonus points for being just about the cheapest pizza on the market and the one that comes out least terrible when microwaved. Nuke for about six minutes, depending on oven strength. Comes out with a consistency roughly that of melted cheese (hence my offhand name for it is "melty pizza"), except maybe some crunchy-ish parts at the center. Very good for mixing with other things due to the texture (it's my primary other ingredient for mac&cheese&pizza, ferex), also pretty edible with some extra cheese and lemon pepper (and whatever else is on hand). It is pretty much the worst way to cook pizza, but it's the best option of the worst, that I've found. In that it's actually pretty edible instead of being... not.

A toaster oven is infinitely superior to a microwave and has similar convenience factor.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84717 on: September 05, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »

Also not allowed in many dorms. Due to the whole greater fire risk thing. Things seem to cook slower, too, in my experience. And be harder to clean. Etc., etc, etc. Next step down in terms of convenience, heh.

Being fair, I haven't really used the things too much. Some, but not terribly much. More versatile than a microwave, just also more nuisance.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:44:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84718 on: September 05, 2015, 05:43:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, that's where that's from!  I learned it from a friend and started saying it, hehe.

Thin pizza can be really good, depends on the toppings and quality of course.  But I prefer to get chewy, satisfying pizzas which are mostly bread.  As long as I eat slowly and burn the carbs off it's pretty ideal.  Also cheese sauce instead of tomato sauce is great sometimes.

Sometimes I just get a frozen pizza and pour a bunch of spinach and hot seasoning powder over it.  Or whatever other things, mushrooms or sliced onions etc.  I think it tastes better when I make a token effort.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84719 on: September 05, 2015, 05:50:05 pm »

Thin pizzas are infinitely better sorry. At least, by the measure of anyone who isn't American.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5646 5647 [5648] 5649 5650 ... 11040