Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5594 5595 [5596] 5597 5598 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463155 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83925 on: August 24, 2015, 10:06:20 am »

There was a weird serial show in the 90s about an infinitely-falling down plane. This is the captain of this plane, known for making constant jokes about how they're totally going to crash into the ground and die very soon. It ran for about 50 episodes, each about 2-3 minutes in length. It's kind of a cult classic here.

I just felt it suited well the current massive drop on international financial markets.

(http://money.cnn.com/data/world_markets/europe/)
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83926 on: August 24, 2015, 10:11:11 am »

Explanation?
They're pilots. It's crashing.

What the hell.

This is incredibly interesting but I couldn't help but to laugh and cringe everytime he said AND NOW YOU PUT THE COCKROACH BACK IN THE ICE WATER.
It never asked for this.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:16:45 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #83927 on: August 24, 2015, 10:42:25 am »

What the hell.

This is incredibly interesting but I couldn't help but to laugh and cringe everytime he said AND NOW YOU PUT THE COCKROACH BACK IN THE ICE WATER.
It never asked for this.
Great, now they'll survive the nuclear war and also be cyborgs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83928 on: August 24, 2015, 10:42:46 am »

There was a weird serial show in the 90s about an infinitely-falling down plane. This is the captain of this plane, known for making constant jokes about how they're totally going to crash into the ground and die very soon. It ran for about 50 episodes, each about 2-3 minutes in length. It's kind of a cult classic here.
WTF Russia?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83929 on: August 24, 2015, 11:09:16 am »

What the hell.

It never asked for this.
Great, now they'll survive the nuclear war and also be cyborgs.
Top comment: "This is why aliens probe our anal'

For those who don't know, it was a person demonstrating how sticking electrodes into the antennae and chest cavity of a cockroach can make it run in different directions when stimulated.
Fascinating, but if it wasn't one of the unanimously most hated animals in the world it'd probably get quite a bit of heat.

Although Dr. Warwick is constantly sticking wires into the brains of The Most Hated species in the world, so IMO he wins.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83930 on: August 24, 2015, 11:10:05 am »

What the hell.

"It's not too hot, don't worry, the cockroach is fine."

Because the cockroach must be so worried about that hot glue on top of its head.
One wheel short of a wagon

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83931 on: August 24, 2015, 11:25:43 am »

My previous job, the college cafeteria, has been calling me trying to get me to come back. To be fair, I haven't yet told them to go screw themselves. I probably should go do that. At the very least, I should make some unreasonable demands, such as fair pay, fair hours, and legal action against the false harassment complaints made against me by my ex-girlfriend that nearly got me arrested(or at least, almost fired).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83932 on: August 24, 2015, 11:32:08 am »

My previous job, the college cafeteria, has been calling me trying to get me to come back. To be fair, I haven't yet told them to go screw themselves. I probably should go do that. At the very least, I should make some unreasonable demands, such as fair pay, fair hours, and legal action against the false harassment complaints made against me by my ex-girlfriend that nearly got me arrested(or at least, almost fired).
If they are calling you I would definitely put some demands on the table. You left due to shitty conditions so lets see what they are willing to give on bringing you back.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83933 on: August 24, 2015, 01:04:00 pm »

What was it called?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83934 on: August 24, 2015, 01:09:18 pm »

What was it called?
I think it was called I Warned You About Plane Crashes, Comrade. I Told You Running-Dog!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83935 on: August 24, 2015, 01:16:26 pm »

My pocket mp3 recorder keeps getting lost; I've misplaced it three times in the last week.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83936 on: August 24, 2015, 02:01:29 pm »

edit: in a bigger wtf, i passed my 20,000th post

and checking what it was

it was league of legends news

like not even riot fuck-ups, it's just straight up a link to their webpage on some skins they're making
Actually the post history thing starts counting from 1 not 0, so it's the post before that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83937 on: August 24, 2015, 02:06:15 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 10:57:18 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #83938 on: August 24, 2015, 02:25:14 pm »

Trying to get some idea of how zombie makeup is done these days, watch a couple of videos. One of them is sixty percent timelapse, and at the end the artist just says 'So that's how you do zombie facepaint!'

Gee, thanks. Helpful.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83939 on: August 24, 2015, 02:49:38 pm »

Was using the chat on a TF2 lobby site, mentioned an upcoming competitor.
Immediately banned from the chat.

Well, I can see why people are making alternatives to this site.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 5594 5595 [5596] 5597 5598 ... 11040