Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5557 5558 [5559] 5560 5561 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465181 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83370 on: August 16, 2015, 05:22:31 pm »

Yeah, when twitch plays, it's significantly less capable than a four year old. NJ, what's happening is the character's inputs are being read from the chat. It's not one person playing, it's many dozens pressing individual buttons. You can watch the stream for a little bit to get an idea of what happens :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #83371 on: August 16, 2015, 05:32:13 pm »

But how do they control a more complicated game like Dark Souls? "Left analog stick 35 degrees for two seonds."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83372 on: August 16, 2015, 05:34:28 pm »

But how do they control a more complicated game like Dark Souls? "Left analog stick 35 degrees for two seonds."
Poorly.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83373 on: August 16, 2015, 05:43:23 pm »

Poorly.
It took them five minutes to climb some stairs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83374 on: August 16, 2015, 05:45:19 pm »

I actually barely understood the mechanics of Twitch Plays Pokemon after watching it a while.  I just read up a bit and I think this is basically how it works:

People spam the chat
The character runs around in circles and deletes all their pokemon/items
Praise helix??

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really want to go back and actually watch it though, I only saw it live a couple of times and it didn't make any sense to me.
Though *nowadays* the stream is a lot different.  It plays Pokemon Battle Revolution, with a complicated yet simple betting system.  You can just hop in and start placing bets on the teams, and it tracks your credits!  I never bothered voting on the moves since I barely know pokemon from yugiohs, but it was still surprisingly fun.
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #83375 on: August 16, 2015, 05:49:20 pm »

I actually barely understood the mechanics of Twitch Plays Pokemon after watching it a while.  I just read up a bit and I think this is basically how it works:

People spam the chat
The character runs around in circles and deletes all their pokemon/items
Praise helix??

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really want to go back and actually watch it though, I only saw it live a couple of times and it didn't make any sense to me.
Though *nowadays* the stream is a lot different.  It plays Pokemon Battle Revolution, with a complicated yet simple betting system.  You can just hop in and start placing bets on the teams, and it tracks your credits!  I never bothered voting on the moves since I barely know pokemon from yugiohs, but it was still surprisingly fun.
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Generally correct, although "anarchy vs democracy" wasn't a thing until, I think, the Rocket Hideout? They got most of where they were on anarchy mode.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83376 on: August 16, 2015, 05:56:24 pm »

I've been working my way through the hackthissite challenges and FUCK ME there's a difficulty spike halfway through the "realistic" ones. I felt like I knew what I was doing but then suddenly it drops all kinds of shit on me at once.
Also cryptography but fuck cryptography.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83377 on: August 16, 2015, 05:56:59 pm »

Praise start9

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83378 on: August 16, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »

Praise start9
Damn start9, it broke everything/fixed the delay sometimes. Which one was true depended on how chat was leaning and probably something moon-related.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83379 on: August 16, 2015, 06:20:03 pm »

Well, would love to see twitch on a faster paced game like Bloodborne with an enemy at the start :).

Has Twitchplays ever completed a game, anyone know?
One wheel short of a wagon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83380 on: August 16, 2015, 06:21:09 pm »

I never bothered voting on the moves since I barely know pokemon from yugiohs, but it was still surprisingly fun.
The yugiohs just throw out trap cards and shout about them and ignore card rules in favor of plot-based draw luck, the pokemons get to lv100 and then you get beatup by some guy from smogon with better evs because you wandered into online battles.

Well, would love to see twitch on a faster paced game like Bloodborne with an enemy at the start :).

Has Twitchplays ever completed a game, anyone know?
They have completed a variety of pokemons, from blue to 3ds games and romhacks inbetween.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83381 on: August 17, 2015, 12:38:38 am »

so there's this giant game world

and there are three unexploded magical bombs in it that eat at my allowed bomb count (currently 3/10)

and despite the fact that i know that there's no way in hell i'm going to manage to find and explode them because the game world is GIGANTIC

i still REALLY want to do it :-X

ocd pls go away
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83382 on: August 17, 2015, 12:51:07 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHH the US History channel really is as bad as everyone says.
Or, well, to be fair I'm not paying much attention, or really any attention at all, but the TV is on in the room and I'm hearing the word "extraterrestrial" several times a minute. Maybe it's all totally reasonable. I don't really care enough to find out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83383 on: August 17, 2015, 12:52:29 am »

Maybe, just maybe.
Turn it off or change channels or stop being a big baby :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83384 on: August 17, 2015, 02:24:13 am »

It used to be pretty good, but everything changed when the aliens guy attacked.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5557 5558 [5559] 5560 5561 ... 11037