Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5555 5556 [5557] 5558 5559 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464185 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83340 on: August 16, 2015, 12:01:37 pm »

Watching Big Hero 6 for the first time. I have seen literally nothing about it except that there's Fall Out Boy in it and there's a robot called Baymax.

It's apparently Disney's cyberpunk film. Not what I was expecting, but then I haven't seen a Pixar/Disney film since Toy Story 3 so I have no idea what direction they've been going in lately.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #83341 on: August 16, 2015, 12:03:19 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83342 on: August 16, 2015, 12:15:48 pm »

He died as he lived, coughing up bloody chunks of lead.

Wait.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83343 on: August 16, 2015, 12:21:54 pm »

Oh dear, says Bauglir, as he finishes his morning glass.

Must be some contaminated oats or rice or something. That's unfortunate, although "Sample size of 2" is somewhat unconvincing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #83344 on: August 16, 2015, 12:27:07 pm »

Yeah, I'm reading into it now.  Not too concerned yet.  First impression is it looks like a group of people with a religious attitude towards food trying to knock Soylent down with some legal technicality that isn't really all that meaningful, especially in the bigger picture comparison to other foods.  Looks like lead content might be of some slight concern.  Will continue reading.  I fully expect that the Soylent people will be tackling this issue immediately, and put out another version with reduced lead and cadmium levels, even if the current levels aren't bad.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83345 on: August 16, 2015, 12:40:50 pm »

As far as I can tell, the lead and cadmium amounts for the law they are using are for water.  Not food.  Food tends to have more heavy metals in it than water, but the exposure you get for water is way higher as you cook/wash/drink it.  So the whole amount they are trying to use might not even be applicable since it's a meal, and not a glass of water.
Nom nom nom

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83346 on: August 16, 2015, 12:47:42 pm »

Soyou're saying not to bathe in the stuff.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83347 on: August 16, 2015, 12:47:55 pm »

But you do drink soylent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83348 on: August 16, 2015, 12:49:25 pm »

you drink it, but not to the same extent you drink water.... or at least you shouldn't.  That'd probably be a caloric overload and would kill you very, very quickly far more so than the lead would anyhow.
Nom nom nom

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83349 on: August 16, 2015, 01:21:34 pm »

The packaging does say, "Drink lots of water in addition to Soylent, or you will fuck yourself up."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83350 on: August 16, 2015, 02:04:53 pm »

Trying to get into Diablo 2 modding. It requires multiple tools and almost all of the links to downloads I can find are down or lost or not working. The biggest forum for Diablo 2 modding seems to be dead. All these resources made by the modding community years ago and I can't find anything usable.

I'm not really surprised considering the age of Diablo 2 but holy shit it's frustrating. I thought the internet was supposed to be this vast repository of data and knowledge where things from years ago could still be found. But no, links break, server hosts change, data is lost, and it seems communities die out. And, hell, Doom still has an active modding community and it's older than Diablo.

uuuugh, frustrating.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83351 on: August 16, 2015, 02:20:48 pm »

Doom was a lot easier to mod :V

Tried the wayback machine or whatever it is nowadays? Sometimes you can nab stuff from dead sites off that.

Also consider dropping a line in the forum anyway. Sometimes something like that can get someone stopping by out of nostalgia to stop and answer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #83352 on: August 16, 2015, 02:21:32 pm »

Doom might, you know. Have a still active modding community because it was actually a good game. One of my roomates loves diablo 2 but lets be honest, for the most part that genre is just a more in depth clicker game.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83353 on: August 16, 2015, 02:41:55 pm »

Doom might, you know. Have a still active modding community because it was actually a good game. One of my roomates loves diablo 2 but lets be honest, for the most part that genre is just a more in depth clicker game.
They're both good.

Doom and Diablo have completely different styles of gameplay. Doom is a fast paced action game where all that matters is your weapons and aim. Diablo may seem less action based at first glance but it's more strategic, requiring the player to allocate skill points and decide what gear to use if they're to keep progressing through the game. More matters than just weapons and aim.

I wouldn't call Diablo a more indepth clicker game. Yeah, you click a lot and you make numbers go up but you don't pick a class and make a character and make a class build in cookie clicker. It's more about character progression, part of which is making numbers increase by clicking monsters to death. If Diablo is a clicker game then Dungeons and Dragons is a dice rolling game.

What I like most about Diablo and all these other class-based skillpoints-and-stuff rpg games is designing builds for a class that's viable and unique and fun. It's fun to come up with an end game goal and play through the game and see the build work to fruition. Kinda like the appeal of designing a robot or chainsword and working on it and getting all the pieces and making it work. Or thinking of a drawing in your head and drawing it all out.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83354 on: August 16, 2015, 03:01:06 pm »

... cookie clicker doesn't have classes and skill point allocation, no, but many of the other hundreds of clicking/idle games do, yes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5555 5556 [5557] 5558 5559 ... 11040