Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5518 5519 [5520] 5521 5522 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460243 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82785 on: August 05, 2015, 06:53:42 pm »

Daikatana is totally on Steam. If I were a publisher, I would probably have no regrets about omitting a game like Daikatana from my digital library; I wonder if it's part of some perfunctory "Our entire library is on Steam, I guess that means ALL of it" deal.

Also, the copyright notice on the Store page says that it's published by Square Enix? Man, Daikatana has been involved in so many twists of fate they could write a Doctor Who episode about it
How else could we expect future generations to properly experience the horror of Daiktana if it's not available for all to torture themselves with?

Interestingly, there's a Game Boy Color version of Daikatana that was released only in Europe.  It's basically a Zelda clone.  It's decent.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82786 on: August 05, 2015, 06:59:50 pm »

Honestly, from what I've seen the major problem re: dentistry is that, well, those minor problems become major if they're not dealt with early. Dental issues seem to tend to not be personally noticeable until they're basically catastrophic, which is kinda' why they "overblow" those minor problems and recommend regular checkups, etc. See my own wisdom teeth -- I didn't start having any pain or noticing particular problems until the ruddy things had almost rotted out inside my gumline, and should have been removed something like four years before they were. Somewhat consequentially, along with some other issues, I ended up bleeding fairly copiously out the gum for something nearing an entire goddamn month. Each removal took like a week and a half to recover from (which, note, is not normal).

Similarly, I've had a few family members that didn't do the braces thing until they were pretty old, and because of that ended up pretty much having to during a period that it was, well, significantly worse for them. Crooked, etc., teeth aren't just an aesthetic issue, though they can be fairly harmless. It's just that leaving them like that can cause issues later down the line, and by the time that happens you're in considerably worse shape than you would have been had you just done the dentist thing earlier.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82787 on: August 05, 2015, 07:13:02 pm »

I had my wisdom teeth removed before I was at the point to make such decisions for myself.  Like 24 or something Idunno.
(probably 17)
That's also the only time I played Morrowind.  Hopped up on some scary-delicious painkillers.  It was amazing, though I'm pretty sure I reread some books and got through VERY little of the "main" quest.

I tried to save some of the painkillers in case I got hurt later, but my parents took the extras and eventually quietly them away.  I didn't understand why until a couple years later.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82789 on: August 05, 2015, 08:31:31 pm »

Tried using grandparents computer to do something that should have been trivial. Mildly regret it. Five copies of the same toolbar in IE, something like twenty fucking four different mostly identical processes for the same piece of shit malware. Gods know what else. Running antivirus now, general malware after. Bloody hell.

Maybe it's time to give the "Always say no" lecture again? Dunno. That was irritating.
Ask not!
Ask!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #82790 on: August 05, 2015, 08:45:57 pm »

Maybe it's time to give the "Always say no" lecture again? Dunno. That was irritating.
I configured my grandparents computer to just automatically run a scan every week or so. Doesn't totally solve the problem, of course, but it helps.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82791 on: August 05, 2015, 08:51:39 pm »

What's with toolbars, anyway? Why are they such a popular form of PUP?

Admittedly, five of the same one seems like an extreme case. The fuck are your grandparents downloading?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82792 on: August 05, 2015, 08:57:06 pm »

Probably because they're easy to make, I'unno.

And sweepstake shit mostly, near as I can tell. Grandmother's fond of them, picks up a lot of crap and spam mail that way.
Ask not!
Ask!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82793 on: August 05, 2015, 09:08:53 pm »

Well, the monthly Reddit shitstorm has arrived.
What

You people conplain about shitty subreddits, THEN you complain about them being banned?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82794 on: August 05, 2015, 09:12:17 pm »

... pretty sure the people that complain about those things are (mostly) distinct groups, c. Some people complain about one, some people complain about the other. Not many that's complaining about both.
Ask not!
Ask!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82795 on: August 05, 2015, 09:45:15 pm »

hey since we're on reddit drama let me post my pet drama again

riot games

friggin riot games man

they don't want to include a sandbox mode for practicing skillshot ranges etc. because... well:

The second [reason for a sandbox mode] is that players want to practice very specific skills without the constraints of a regular game. For this point, our stance is that sandbox mode is not the way to go. We want to make sure we’re clear: playing games of League of Legends should be the unequivocal best way for a player to improve. While there are very real skills one can develop in a hyperbolic time chamber, we never want that to be an expectation added onto an already high barrier to entry.
wait lemme rephrase that
The second [reason to have your own basketball hoop] is that players want to practice very specific skills without the constraints of a regular game. For this point, our stance is that a hoop is not the way to go. We want to make sure we’re clear: playing games of basketball should be the unequivocal best way for a player to improve. While there are very real skills one can develop in a hyperbolic time chamber, we never want that to be an expectation added onto an already high barrier to entry.
The second [reason to go to a batting cage] is that players want to practice very specific skills without the constraints of a regular game. For this point, our stance is that a cage is not the way to go. We want to make sure we’re clear: playing games of baseball should be the unequivocal best way for a player to improve. While there are very real skills one can develop in a hyperbolic time chamber, we never want that to be an expectation added onto an already high barrier to entry.
The second [reason to bring a friend to a soccer field to practice shots] is that players want to practice very specific skills without the constraints of a regular game. For this point, our stance is that shooting practice is not the way to go. We want to make sure we’re clear: playing games of soccer should be the unequivocal best way for a player to improve. While there are very real skills one can develop in a hyperbolic time chamber, we never want that to be an expectation added onto an already high barrier to entry.
The second [reason to have a training mode] is that players want to practice very specific skills without the constraints of a regular game. For this point, our stance is that training mode is not the way to go. We want to make sure we’re clear: playing games of street fighter should be the unequivocal best way for a player to improve. While there are very real skills one can develop in a hyperbolic time chamber, we never want that to be an expectation added onto an already high barrier to entry.

they said this

they actually said this on their website and seem to expect people to listen and this got through their entire team that probably looks at these things and writes and edits it oh my god

and the subreddit is maaaad, really mad
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:00:22 pm by Putnam »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82796 on: August 05, 2015, 11:31:55 pm »

people are mad at game designers not knowing shit about designing games? not big surprise, PR focus has made gamedev really easy, cuz even if you fuck up, the profits won't suffer due to PR making most people not notice anything bad, and profits are the only thing that matter, amiright?
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82797 on: August 05, 2015, 11:44:37 pm »

the wtf is what they said in the first place

people getting mad is what should happen

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82798 on: August 05, 2015, 11:58:09 pm »

You'd think it was Riot's job to cause drama when not updating lol, considering thats the only two things I usually hear about them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #82799 on: August 06, 2015, 12:01:00 am »

Going back to the dentistry/orthodontia conversation from earlier, my hope is to one day get reinforced metal teeth like that villian from the James Bond movies
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5518 5519 [5520] 5521 5522 ... 11040