Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5517 5518 [5519] 5520 5521 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461377 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82770 on: August 05, 2015, 09:52:40 am »

... that's motivation enough, innit?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #82771 on: August 05, 2015, 10:02:52 am »

Also, it's not like Steam is even bothering to put up a facade of caring about content quality anymore.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82772 on: August 05, 2015, 10:40:01 am »

I'm glad I XKCD'd Steam into Gabeland.

Putting a trainwreck engraving on Steam does not mean everyone will read it. The people that make shitty games are also those who are the least likely to do their research.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #82773 on: August 05, 2015, 11:17:59 am »

Well, it's still the cheapest and most convenient way for me to buy and play the good games that I actually enjoy, so there's that. I mean, any store that's big enough is bound to have cheap, low-quality items.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82774 on: August 05, 2015, 01:56:32 pm »

Man... most incompetent villain EVER!

Ok ok... classic Riddler was worse but still.

So this near all powerful character has ONE job which is to make the hero like one world (the mundane one) and hate another (the magic world) because she basically only stays in power for as long as the character stays in the magic world.

So... To do this she tries to "make the mundane world more complicated" which ok, I can see... but she does it simply by sending a monster once in a while.

Then she makes the magic world more attractive by... really boring social gatherings.

Seriously I loved the set up of a villain who is both helpful and a hindrance (her fate is tied to the main character so she can't EXACTLY let our hero die). But she ends up so bad at the ONE THING she needs to do, that she might would probably have more success trying to make the mundane world attractive.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82775 on: August 05, 2015, 02:37:41 pm »

Also, it's not like Steam is even bothering to put up a facade of caring about content quality anymore.
Well, they're a software platform. They do have a curator service, but it's a separate thing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82776 on: August 05, 2015, 03:56:45 pm »

I've been in braces for like 6 years now. Three separate orthodontists. The first one we left because we moved, and learned from the next orthodontist that he was kinda either incompetent or possibly fraudulent. The next orthodontist just upped and quit the practice one day. Finally got a dental checkup today after...forever, and the dentist I talked to seemed genuinely shocked that my orthodontist has not mentioned my wisdom teeth at all. All I ask for is one single orthodontist who tells me what is going on and doesn't scare other people in the field :/

At this point, I can't help but thinking that it's all a giant conspiracy scam or something >_>
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:58:48 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #82777 on: August 05, 2015, 04:03:43 pm »

I've been in braces for like 6 years now.[...]
At this point, I can't help but thinking that it's all a giant conspiracy scam or something >_>
I wore braces for 4+ years. No it's not. :P You've to get regular check-ups though as this depends on a lot of factors.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82778 on: August 05, 2015, 04:05:50 pm »

I've been in braces for like 6 years now.[...]
I wore braces for 4+ years. No it's not. :P You've to get regular check-ups though as this depends on a lot of factors.
It's not so much the length of time as the fact that any time I've seen someone other than my current orthodontist who has looked at my mouth, they have something terrible to say about whoever is doing them :/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82779 on: August 05, 2015, 06:10:54 pm »

I was once asked by my dentist if I would like to ''Undergo tooth Correction'' or whatever Orwellian term it is they use for braces currently.
I told him that I wasn't American. He laughed and never mentioned it again.  :D

Is it a conspiracy scam? I wouldn't call it that, ut I think it can edge into that territory some times.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #82780 on: August 05, 2015, 06:31:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #82781 on: August 05, 2015, 06:36:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is this from the Simpsons?
Rubidium has RETURNED!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82782 on: August 05, 2015, 06:37:20 pm »

Hellsing as in the anime or the OVA? One of them is not like the other.
holy crap 1 episode was enough to show that
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82783 on: August 05, 2015, 06:46:03 pm »

My tooth doctor wanted me to get some kind of tooth correction when I was 13.  Family was on the fence about it and then instead of just saying yes or no we forgot about the followup appointment entirely.  ....for like, 15 years.

Went to the dentist a few years back and my teeth are fine.   I have like a solid half inch overbite at least (an open mouth smile has only my top teeth visible at all), my top teeth have been crowded by wisdom teeth leaving one of my incisors at an angle to the rest of my teeth, one wisdom tooth is still under the gum but I'm old enough now that's unlikely to develop, and a few cavities, but otherwise my teeth are still perfectly functional.  What problems there are, all seem to be aesthetic as far as I know.

I really do believe that orthodontia is a practice where they need to overblow minor things as being super important just because the actual major problems are so few and far between they would never be able to make a living on those alone.

Watch me suddenly lose all my teeth in 3 years and look back on this post in despair.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:49:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82784 on: August 05, 2015, 06:52:41 pm »

I had to use braces, but my teeth were a horrible, horrible mess, so it was for the best.

With wisdom teeth, on the other hand, I was lucky to not listen to the dentists. X-ray scans showed they were sideways (I did look at those) and would probably cause a lot of problem emerging... but somehow they came out perfectly, so no ripping them out. Yay, I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 5517 5518 [5519] 5520 5521 ... 11040