Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5516 5517 [5518] 5519 5520 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461376 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82755 on: August 04, 2015, 04:54:13 pm »

It's an idiom.
I think he knows.
Either way, it really would cure a lot of things.
Or certainly take your mind off them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82756 on: August 04, 2015, 05:27:26 pm »

Does nobody know what a goddamned rainbow looks like? Actual, correct orders for products that feature rainbows are in the minority. Sometimes colours are missing. Often times colours are in the wrong order. Sometimes there are colours which aren't even a part of the rainbow, like neon pink, or dark brown. Sometimes there's even shades like white, gray, or black.

I'm not sure if the companies are dumb or if it is some sort of incompetent attempt at appearing to be pro-pride while still being able to say "that's not a real rainbow, so it doesn't count".

Also, anal customers again. They want a specific size box for the products. The products must be stacked in the boxes in a certain way. The boxes must be placed on a certain sized pallet. There must be a certain amount of boxes in each layer when they are being packed on the pallet. The pallet is not actually large enough to accommodate the amount of boxes they want in a layer.

There must be one sticker with details about the box for four sides of each box. They've given us instructions on how far the stickers MUST be from each edge of the box. Literally down to the hundred-thousandth of an inch. 1.78125

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #82757 on: August 04, 2015, 07:07:48 pm »

Hummingbirds doing combat in the garden. There are enough flowers around. No need to start going at it like a pair of helicopters with spears on the nose. Now only one remains. The other was driven off.

Then the neighborhood hawk started screaming, riling up all the other birds. My infatuation with the avian creatures is starting to dwindle as a result. >: (
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82758 on: August 04, 2015, 08:44:10 pm »

^^ Some birds have always been territorial. :[

so I remembered suddenly songs from a rather forgotten band of my youth.

Now its Love Dump time. :\
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82759 on: August 04, 2015, 09:49:53 pm »

Doritos+salsa redux...
Since last week, the store added like 4 more varieties of *cheesy* salsas.  Spinach dip, ranch, stuff like that.  Wonderful!

but still no tortilla chips.  Just like... onion rings, pork rinds, lots of potato chips.  No dipping chips.
Except original Doritos.  So... here we go again :P
I just got regular salsa again, which worked great.  I would have tried creamy spinach, but I ate a bunch of spinach dal for lunch.  Which is a happy as well.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #82760 on: August 05, 2015, 05:32:11 am »

I've been watching through Hellsing since I found it on YouTube.

Holy fuck I didn't think it was possible for a character to be that much of a pretentious cunt, but Alucard has surprised me. I honestly don't know if I should keep watching - I do know the ending of it and the general storyline, and I've never found a more irritating character in my life.
On the other hand some of the other stuff is interesting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82761 on: August 05, 2015, 06:08:15 am »

Hellsing as in the anime or the OVA? One of them is not like the other.
._.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #82762 on: August 05, 2015, 06:44:17 am »

OVA. The main source is Alucard's random-ass monologue of how he'll kill all teh hoomanz in the area with no mercy mueahahahehahehehahe!1 in episode ... 4 I think. It just comes completely out of nowhere, and more importantly who the hell boasts like that over the goddamn phone?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82763 on: August 05, 2015, 07:42:47 am »

Well, alucard does, apparently.

I'm not sure if you've noticed but the thing is somewhat of a troll, and could be doing the whole spiel for shits and giggles.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82764 on: August 05, 2015, 08:21:40 am »

OVA. The main source is Alucard's random-ass monologue of how he'll kill all teh hoomanz in the area with no mercy mueahahahehahehehahe!1 in episode ... 4 I think. It just comes completely out of nowhere, and more importantly who the hell boasts like that over the goddamn phone?
Integra calls him angrily and acts as though she didn't understand why he was doing it(at the beginning anyway).
A major difference between humans and vampires is that the latter must consume the former to continue to exist for a long period of time. It makes little sense to expect one over 400yrs old to hold any of their former human morality(especially when we learn what they actually happens during feeding).
He gets off on not being human because he can remember how bad a human he was by human standards, but he hasn't been human for a long time so those standards no longer apply. He compares himself to tools to really drive that point home and remind his master "I serve you for reasons you can barely physically understand but I serve you. You are responsible for my actions."

He is removing all responsibility for himself to everyone but Integra(in that he will follow her orders). This means his actions are sanctioned by a human being so he doesn't need to work to coexist with humans because a number of them already do.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #82765 on: August 05, 2015, 09:25:53 am »

Daikatana is totally on Steam. If I were a publisher, I would probably have no regrets about omitting a game like Daikatana from my digital library; I wonder if it's part of some perfunctory "Our entire library is on Steam, I guess that means ALL of it" deal.

Also, the copyright notice on the Store page says that it's published by Square Enix? Man, Daikatana has been involved in so many twists of fate they could write a Doctor Who episode about it
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82766 on: August 05, 2015, 09:30:36 am »

Daikatana is totally on Steam. If I were a publisher, I would probably have no regrets about omitting a game like Daikatana from my digital library; I wonder if it's part of some perfunctory "Our entire library is on Steam, I guess that means ALL of it" deal.

Also, the copyright notice on the Store page says that it's published by Square Enix? Man, Daikatana has been involved in so many twists of fate they could write a Doctor Who episode about it
How else could we expect future generations to properly experience the horror of Daiktana if it's not available for all to torture themselves with?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82767 on: August 05, 2015, 09:35:11 am »

nonononoNONOPLEASE NOT DAIKTANA
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82768 on: August 05, 2015, 09:38:17 am »

As bizarre as it may sound, I'm all for it.
Daikatana is a great example for future game designers of what not to do. This is a ☼trainwreck☼, and as such, must be preserved.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #82769 on: August 05, 2015, 09:45:40 am »

Well yeah, the archivist/preservationist/historian/whatever in me loves it. But the only motivation I can think of for a company like Squeenix is "It costs us virtually nothing to put it on Steam, might as well throw it up and maybe make a few more bucks".
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 5516 5517 [5518] 5519 5520 ... 11040