Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5514 5515 [5516] 5517 5518 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463251 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82725 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:27 am »

I just hate how it keeps the tool bars and tabs at the top of the screen when it's in fullscreen. Although, it may be one of my plugins causing that since it doesn't happen on the family desktop.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82726 on: August 04, 2015, 10:38:11 am »

Youtube updated their player. OH GOD IT'S HIDEOUS MAKE IT STOP
Augh, when you look at that little grid at the end of a video that's all thumbnails, it now zooms in on the thumbnail when you hover over one of them.
Who thought that was at all pleasant to look at?

Huh. It doesn't do that for me :/

Nor does it keep the tool bar on top.

The only change that I can see is that the icons are bigger and slightly changed, and the tool bar is transparent. Which is a pretty good change. (The tool bar was annoying as hell before.)

Edit: Honestly it seems to be a incredibly minor change that's in general for the best. I understand not trusting youtube when they make changes, since they have a history of bad ones, but the blind hate for it seems a bit much.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:41:17 am by Criptfeind »

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82727 on: August 04, 2015, 10:48:12 am »

Youtube updated their player. OH GOD IT'S HIDEOUS MAKE IT STOP
Augh, when you look at that little grid at the end of a video that's all thumbnails, it now zooms in on the thumbnail when you hover over one of them.
Who thought that was at all pleasant to look at?

Huh. It doesn't do that for me :/

Nor does it keep the tool bar on top.

The only change that I can see is that the icons are bigger and slightly changed, and the tool bar is transparent. Which is a pretty good change. (The tool bar was annoying as hell before.)

Edit: Honestly it seems to be a incredibly minor change that's in general for the best. I understand not trusting youtube when they make changes, since they have a history of bad ones, but the blind hate for it seems a bit much.

We don't hate youtube. We hate change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82728 on: August 04, 2015, 11:00:54 am »

WAUGH WTF WIN10 WHATDIDYOUDOTOTHETASKBARITISTINYNOW.
AUGH CAN'T MOVE BUTTONS WHY.
BLAAAAARGHGBGBL
CAN'T FIND BUTTON TO USE THINGS INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER.
Must restrain urge to punch until in front of person responsible.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:11:40 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #82729 on: August 04, 2015, 11:47:15 am »

sovereign citizens are amazing

[23]                  Mr. Bydeley, as agent for his wife, the defendant, kindly provided the court with a copy of his closing submissions at the time he presented them. In them, he raises four main points:
                        i. the Highway Traffic Act did not pertain to the defendant because she was not engaged in traffic;
                        ii. the HTA did not pertain to the defendant because she was not a driver;
                        iii.the HTA did not pertain to the defendant in that she was not acting as a legal representative of a person; and
                        iv. the HTA cannot be applied to the defendant without her consent.
This was after she was caught speeding

you know shit gets real with the judge starts quoting the dictionary

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82730 on: August 04, 2015, 12:21:55 pm »

I like reading through documents like this.   For some reason I find it amusing that she was speeding at 80kph in a 50 kph, the officer gave her a break by only lowering it to a 65, and one of the first things that is done?   Yea F- that, yer getting charged the whole 80.

And then the argument that she is not a person because only corporations are people, or that she's not a driver because she isn't being paid by anyone to drive, and that the HTA dosn't apply to her because they didn't ask her if that would be ok.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82731 on: August 04, 2015, 12:26:01 pm »

And then the argument that she is not a person because only corporations are people, or that she's not a driver because she isn't being paid by anyone to drive, and that the HTA dosn't apply to her because they didn't ask her if that would be ok.

argh my neurons

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #82732 on: August 04, 2015, 12:34:06 pm »

I like reading through documents like this.   For some reason I find it amusing that she was speeding at 80kph in a 50 kph, the officer gave her a break by only lowering it to a 65, and one of the first things that is done?   Yea F- that, yer getting charged the whole 80.
That's actually typical. If you're speeding by a large enough amount that a reduced speed would significantly affect your fine, and yet also little enough that you weren't presenting an outrageous risk to public safety (like 120 mph in a school zone outrageous), you'll often be issued a lower fine, but be warned that if you challenge it they'll bump it up to the full amount. The idea is to discourage people challenging tickets. Kinda scummy, but there are a lot of people who'd challenge it for no good reason on the offchance that it'd work, and courts are usually overburdened to begin with.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82733 on: August 04, 2015, 12:42:13 pm »

edit: This might be a little late, but Frumple, have you had mint tea? It's great stuff. All the fun of tea but with a better flavor and no caffeine.
Few times, but it's been a while, so I don't really recall the flavor. My usual opinion of decaffeinated tea is "heresy, burn it", so I haven't exactly had much tea in the last long bit :V

Still, might give another try. Like said, I think we've got some peppermint growing around here somewhere, so it might be interesting to try some home grown tea...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #82734 on: August 04, 2015, 01:06:39 pm »

It's not decaffeinated, though. It doesn't have caffeine to begin with. Less of a heresy and more of an entirely different religion.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82735 on: August 04, 2015, 01:12:51 pm »

... which is kinda' the point. It's tea without caffeine, and that's "Bring in the inquisition" time, regardless of how it got uncaffeinated.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #82736 on: August 04, 2015, 01:39:55 pm »

Ah, I thought you specifically had a problem with the decaffeination process. I know the couple times I've had decaf coffee it tasted a little off.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #82737 on: August 04, 2015, 01:43:27 pm »

Also, decaf =/= nocaf. That, after all, is why they don't call it 'non-caffeinated coffee'. It just filters (or rather, 'washes out') some of it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82738 on: August 04, 2015, 01:53:17 pm »

Spoiler: cleanse me gaben (click to show/hide)

i don't know why i went out to troll. it sounded fun :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #82739 on: August 04, 2015, 02:22:35 pm »

For some reason, since sometime today, Firefox is acting like it's been set to be always on top (even though it lacks that option), so I can't have any windows show up over it, I can only minimize it every time I want to see something else. It's really annoying and I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it, which makes it doubly annoying.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 5514 5515 [5516] 5517 5518 ... 11040