Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5509 5510 [5511] 5512 5513 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461353 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82650 on: August 03, 2015, 08:30:28 pm »

In The Elder Scrolls the Bosmer (who can't eat plants) apparently brewed meat.  Somehow making it intoxicating.
Couldn't have been alcoholic, not nearly enough sugar.  AFAIK you can brew anything if it has significant amounts of sugar, as the sugar is what's transformed into the alcohol.
I dig the Bosmer though.  I like any depiction of fey which keeps the creepy disregard for animal life.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82651 on: August 03, 2015, 08:36:33 pm »

In The Elder Scrolls the Bosmer (who can't eat plants) apparently brewed meat.  Somehow making it intoxicating.
Couldn't have been alcoholic, not nearly enough sugar.  AFAIK you can brew anything if it has significant amounts of sugar, as the sugar is what's transformed into the alcohol.
I dig the Bosmer though.  I like any depiction of fey which keeps the creepy disregard for animal life.
doesnt it depend on the critter? Wouldnt the flesh of some of the giant bugs have a high sugar content?

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82652 on: August 03, 2015, 08:41:38 pm »

doesnt it depend on the critter? Wouldnt the flesh of some of the giant bugs have a high sugar content?

Not nearly a high enough proportion unless you have some magical filter. A shame we don't store starches in our body.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82653 on: August 03, 2015, 08:42:26 pm »

Actually they also used pigs milk to brew alcohol.

They have all sorts of weird animals in TES Valenwood. Just invent like a giant honeypot ant or sugar deer.

Also, it might be made from khajiit meat. They aren't adverse to eating what they kill just because it was cursing at them an moment ago. They also don't like khajiit. And khajiit are also known to have a thing for anything sweet. Specifically, moon sugar. Maybe they drink the sweet khajiit?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82654 on: August 03, 2015, 08:44:17 pm »

Actually they also used pigs milk to brew alcohol.

You learn something new every day. I'll need to look into that for science.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #82655 on: August 03, 2015, 08:58:04 pm »

Youtube updated their player. OH GOD IT'S HIDEOUS MAKE IT STOP
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82656 on: August 03, 2015, 08:59:36 pm »

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82657 on: August 03, 2015, 08:59:53 pm »

... gods, now I'm wondering what exactly would happen if you tried to make meat tea. Thin slivers of flesh -- "leaves" -- boiled until they lose cohesion and infuse the water. Sounds like it would taste absolutely horrible and probably have a consistency and texture that could only be termed "abomination", but...

Then again, that's not too far off from broth, is it? Hrm.
I was about to say that's just broth, but then I realized that tea is just broth made with leaves.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82658 on: August 03, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »

*checks again*

... still no change on this end. Seriously, what exactly have they done?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82659 on: August 03, 2015, 09:05:52 pm »

What black bar?

Also, it might be made from khajiit meat. They aren't adverse to eating what they kill just because it was cursing at them an moment ago. They also don't like khajiit. And khajiit are also known to have a thing for anything sweet. Specifically, moon sugar. Maybe they drink the sweet khajiit?
@Laptisen
You really do learn something every day, wow.
It's funny because I practically always play Bosmer or occasionally Khajiit, and I never picked up on that.

I played a half-elf Breton once, that was kinda fun.  I was going to try Argonian but happened to notice I could make a Breton who was black, in Skyrim.  More so than a Redguard, certainly.  I thought that was kinda neat.

Also I'm wary of coffee and I do enjoy both Southern scrub-tea and occasionally real tea and oh noes I have been pressganged into taking a side.
My brother loves coffee and convinced me to try some...  It wasn't actually bad at all, in fact I avoid it because it tastes like something I'd get addicted to.
I mainly drink IPAs when I'm not drinking abominable swill beers, coffee barely dents my deadened taste buds and literally nonexistent sense of smell.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82660 on: August 03, 2015, 09:06:39 pm »

*checks again*

Black bar's replaced with a transparent one.

And the volume meter isn 't discrete anymore. it's a continuous pile of horror.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82661 on: August 03, 2015, 09:09:24 pm »

... huh. Pretty sure it's been that way for... months? Definitely multiple weeks. Either that or the previous effect was too subtle for me to have noticed the change *shrugs*

I can't even remember a time when the volume control in player had discrete intervals...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82662 on: August 03, 2015, 09:11:39 pm »

*checks again*

The volume meter hasn't been discrete for ages, though. (and theres easier ways to control the sound anyway, like adjusting the sound in windows or just downloading the things you'd listen to on youtube often) An the transparency was barely noticeable.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82663 on: August 03, 2015, 09:13:23 pm »

*checks again*

The volume meter hasn't been discrete for ages, though. (and theres easier ways to control the sound anyway, like adjusting the sound in windows or just downloading the things you'd listen to on youtube often) An the transparency was barely noticeable.

No, I mean the symbol was discrete.

And also the pause button reforms into the play button when clicking on it.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #82664 on: August 03, 2015, 09:13:38 pm »

*checks again*

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5509 5510 [5511] 5512 5513 ... 11040