Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5497 5498 [5499] 5500 5501 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450992 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82470 on: August 01, 2015, 09:22:21 pm »

... Doesn't that just make it two for one? Gotta get padding those dick stats.
Congratulations this is the most disgusting thing I've seen/heard all month.

Ark I know it's the beginning of the month and that that's a joke, but come on. Aren't you disgusted by this forum every day?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82471 on: August 01, 2015, 09:30:41 pm »

My mom spoke with a friend of hers, and checked the notes they keep on the lying coworker bitch. It's pretty much a weekly thing.

Friend drives coworker around almost every day. Coworker complained about traffic; claimed it was because of carpoolers. Unironically started ranting about people who ride with others being leeches and scum.

My mom caught coworker going through her purse. Multiple times. The bitch has also recently started asking suspicious questions, such as my mother's mother's maiden name.
I guess the first thing your mother or really anyone near that person should do is not let any purse/bag/object unattended at any point. And if the info you mentioned is part of a security question (like, say, for a bank) you should investigate it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82472 on: August 01, 2015, 09:56:34 pm »

Congratulations this is the most disgusting thing I've seen/heard all in a month's worth of days.
Ark I know it's the beginning of the month and that that's a joke, but come on.
Wasn't a joke just poorly worded so what I meant is now fixed in the above quote.

Aren't you disgusted by this forum every day?
No. Just specific instances of the way people act on it.

One thing that I find very disgusting is when people generalize something to a group of people where we can see exceptions to this "general rule". When this is pointed out the rule isn't revised to be more accurate and will be brought up later by the same people who are still generalizing something to a group of people.
I see people do this often online and offline. I don't want to do that(it does happen though :().
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82473 on: August 01, 2015, 10:23:21 pm »

Spent 3 hours after work installing a SSD and windows 10 on a friend's desktop.

1 hour waiting for him to back up all the files he was supposed to have backed up earlier today.

1 hour actually installing the SSD because it turns out he has a special case that does not use a standard HDD mount, and I had to spend 50 minutes digging through old computer parts looking for the mount that came with his origonal hard drive so I could properly mount the laptop form factor SSD in the PC without having nightmares about it hanging loose like some kind of PC uvula. (even then the mount didn't actually fit completely since it seemed to have been built for yet another unusual form factor case and I could only fully secure one side.)

and 1 hour untangling the 4 different vga connectors he has behind his computer going to his monitor keyboard and mouse switches and finding out that surprise surprise none of the windows 10 keys he got from his boss are valid.  At least that last step I was able to tell it to skip til later.

I'm happy to help him but somehow every time I work on his computer it takes 5 times as long as it should.  And I have no idea why.  He's actually far more competent than I am on the software side, he's a professional web programmer.  But every time I work on his computer something goes wrong or something doesn't fit the case or his motherboard needs a bios update to run his new CPU and that's the only CPU we have handy, and we can't run a bios update without a working processor.  It's like he's computer kryptonite but not.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:29:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #82474 on: August 01, 2015, 10:42:16 pm »

Who was the moderation log addition?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82475 on: August 01, 2015, 10:44:19 pm »

Some strange angry guy in the Chapter Master thread.  Seemed drunk, and not my kind of drunk.  I assume it was him, the posts were certainly deleted after Toady politely warned him.
Where do you see the moderation log?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82476 on: August 01, 2015, 10:44:56 pm »

Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82477 on: August 01, 2015, 10:47:50 pm »

Oh thanks, I guess I got blind to the stickies.  Cool that bans are so rare, a lot rarer than I thought.

... Store was out of tortilla chips, but had plenty of salsa.  About to attempt eating salsa with Doritos.  Gaia help me.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:49:39 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82478 on: August 01, 2015, 11:58:31 pm »

You know in a world where people EXPECT games to be released in an unfinished barely functional state that you will be lucky if it is fixed a month later.

I am glad, THANKFUL that Way of the Samurai 4 came out for PC

Because not only did they delay the game because it didn't work, something even game developers would freek out over today, but when they did release it, it was perfect with all the available DLC (unfortunately some of the rip off DLC, but ehh they didn't make it so I'll give them a pass... Ps Don't buy the freebie items DLC)

Honestly it makes me mad when people defend unfinished or broken release games on the basis that "Games don't have to be made functional on release anymore because they can release patches"... which is the equivalent of buying a car that doesn't work until you take it to the mechanic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82479 on: August 02, 2015, 12:07:38 am »

Oh thanks, I guess I got blind to the stickies.  Cool that bans are so rare, a lot rarer than I thought.

To be fair, Toady doesn't usually reserve a spot for the spam bots or shock spammers.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #82480 on: August 02, 2015, 12:12:04 am »

Why were you installing Windows 10? That's my WTF.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82481 on: August 02, 2015, 12:22:52 am »

Honestly it makes me mad when people defend unfinished or broken release games on the basis that "Games don't have to be made functional on release anymore because they can release patches"... which is the equivalent of buying a car that doesn't work until you take it to the mechanic.
... do people actually say that?

I mean, most of what bugs me about that statement is the "anymore". Patches have... pretty much always been a thing. As has the chances of a game being a broken mess on release been disturbingly high. Though man, let me just say that if there's a difference between the bugs of today, and the bugs of the 90s/00s, it's that the former is considerably less likely to completely brick your machine :P Back in my day, developers knew how to completely fuck things up via incompetence instead of just make a game that has minor problems or doesn't work on some machines. Admittedly that was still pretty rare, but game breaking/etc. stuff was daaaamn common. People complaining and saying games of yesteryear were more stable are definitely people that had an incredibly different experience than I did, heh.

Unless they're specifically talking consoles, which... yeah, that's mostly more recent, maybe barring a few of those odd internet peripheral stuff from way back.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82482 on: August 02, 2015, 12:53:13 am »

Why were you installing Windows 10?

Preliminary analysis suggest that, aside from having[Fully removable, thankfully] skeevy data monitoring stuff and less to no control over updates, its actually pretty good. Better then 8, certainly. Not sure if its worth upgrading from 7, but whatever.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #82483 on: August 02, 2015, 01:07:51 am »

I mean, most of what bugs me about that statement is the "anymore". Patches have... pretty much always been a thing. As has the chances of a game being a broken mess on release been disturbingly high.
Indeed. The only difference is that now you actually can know that the game is a broken mess before you buy it (instead of discovering it afterwards) and that they can actually fix most of the brokeness, instead of the only way you being able to get the fixes is to buy a new copy of the game.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82484 on: August 02, 2015, 01:44:06 am »

... Store was out of tortilla chips, but had plenty of salsa.  About to attempt eating salsa with Doritos.  Gaia help me.

You won't regret it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 5497 5498 [5499] 5500 5501 ... 11040