Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5484 5485 [5486] 5487 5488 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453578 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82275 on: July 31, 2015, 06:52:29 am »

Apparently clicker games is now a thing. And what's worse is people buy them, on Steam.
I don't really mind them. What I don't understand is why buy them when you can just play Cookie Clicker for free.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82276 on: July 31, 2015, 06:53:39 am »

Uh, Cookie clicker? Excuse me?

It's unplayable, I can't get more than 180FPS on that these days.
One wheel short of a wagon

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82277 on: July 31, 2015, 06:54:39 am »

Have you tried Processing Power Tycoon Clicker?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #82278 on: July 31, 2015, 07:58:01 am »

We decided to have fun with our drunk happenings. And ran AA2 for 3 days after adding some touhou characters, ourselves and 3 random dudes we made to the class.

Highlights! Though Gunner chan says I should spoil this just in case. Warning may contain mild lewdness!

Spoiler: What happened! (click to show/hide)

Also on topic, yes. Dolphins are animal rapists, and one of the VERY FEW that count because they actually have recreational sex, they comprehend it. They likely know on some level what they're doing is wrong but dolphin don't care.

It's all about that wiggly slimy underwater ass.

Just what the hell is that game? It sounds like a super-weird Dating Sim or something.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82279 on: July 31, 2015, 08:12:14 am »

Have you tried Processing Power Tycoon Clicker?
That was only released on consoles.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #82280 on: July 31, 2015, 08:59:17 am »

parasitic wasps
Here's a bonus - in some species of those wasps, larvae reside in it's host IIRC ladybug) partially eating it... note the partially. After the time is night, it hatches with it's host still alive, but then has to cocoon itself further or something before entering it's final stage. In the meantime, the half-alive body of it's host is frozen in it's place, covering the cocoon and thus acting as a guardian. After that stage is complete, the now freshly hatched young wasp walks/flies away.

And now for the ultimate trick - it is not unheard of the host actually surviving the whole damn ordeal. As in, walk away casually after just experiencing Alien chestburster scene. Nature, fuck yeah.

Yeah, the Ichnumen Wasps. Those tiny things that made Charles Darwin lose his faith in god, or at least contributed to it.

And this animal made God cancel the evolution, huehuehue.
Check the "Reproduction" section. And the second image. And I hope you can keep your food down. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82281 on: July 31, 2015, 09:04:28 am »

Well, I guess we can all agree that whoever made the world is a bit of a showoff.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82282 on: July 31, 2015, 11:21:19 am »

The weirdly specific circle of life, eh.

Like the Phengaris rebeli butterfly, which emits a pheremone to make Myrmica schencki ants think that it's larvae are ant larvae, causing them to bring the larvae back to the nest and feed them.
Those larvae in turn are preyed upon by the Ichneumon eumerus wasp, which steals into the ant's nest, identifies the moth larvae, imbeds the egg inside, and then leaves, secreting a pheromone which makes the ants not attack it.

... Just gotta wonder, why bother.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82283 on: July 31, 2015, 11:28:31 am »

Well, ants in the first place have an entire caste designed to do nothing but chase a queen till their outsize phalluses explode and they die a slow and painful death, as they are unable to function without them.

Speak for yourself, but I prefer our system.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82284 on: July 31, 2015, 11:42:43 am »

Meh... those critters are still better off than the poor buggers named after awful people, by awful people.

The Hitler beetle – not to be confused with the People’s Car Volkswagen, also a product of Hitler – isn’t alone in being a taxonomical curiosity: A team of palaeontologists with poor music tastes named a Madagascan dinosaur masiakasaurus knopfleri, after Dire Straits singer Mark Knopfler. There is Bufonaria borisbeckeri (a marine snail), Hyla stingi (a Colombian tree frog) and a wasp called Polemistus Chewbacca. In 1994, a fossil chaoborid fly was named “I”, until a researcher pointed out that he didn’t want to keep writing “I have small male genitalia.” (it was changed to Iyaiyai). There’s even another hitleri – a paleodictyoptera (flying insect fossil) named in 1934.

I've heard that some of the six-legged Hitlers live in a cave called "Hell," by the way.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82285 on: July 31, 2015, 12:26:03 pm »

I think I've overdosed on bad fanfics (mostly CED) because they don't appear to bother me with their badness any longer. This is most troublesome.
CED?
Chunin Exam Day. It's pretty woah as far as fanfiction goes.
The worst part about PLH/whatever his other stupid fucking name was is that he's not a bad writer in mechanical terms, and he has some good ideas, but then he goes and uses that to write the shittiest most reprehensible power-fantasies imaginable, to the point where even being vaguely reminded of them by another story is enough to make people drop it.

I'll just say it right now: if you honestly enjoyed CED past the first chapter or two as anything except a journey through the dark mind of a disturbed individual, there might be something wrong with you. Unless you're actually in your early teenaged years, in which case having no taste and enjoying characters being painful OOC for the sake of objectification, smut, and revenge-wanking since that's apparently normal among the fanfiction crowd in that demographic. It's the sort of disgusting crap that isn't even good when MST3K'd because there's not much to say except following every other line with "Wow, this is supremely fucked up."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82286 on: July 31, 2015, 12:49:24 pm »

A little note to everyone in this thread, apparently it's titled 'forced copulation' when the male forces the female. Interspecially, I guess it's still rape.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #82287 on: July 31, 2015, 01:13:15 pm »

Just what the hell is that game? It sounds like a super-weird Dating Sim or something.

It's a hentai game with a school simulation element to it, it's actually pretty fun to mess with and see what happens.

Why is this in the what the fuck thread though?

Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82288 on: July 31, 2015, 01:54:45 pm »

I think I've overdosed on bad fanfics (mostly CED) because they don't appear to bother me with their badness any longer. This is most troublesome.
CED?
The worst part about PLH/whatever his other stupid fucking name was is that he's not a bad writer in mechanical terms, and he has some good ideas, but then he goes and uses that to write the shittiest most reprehensible power-fantasies imaginable, to the point where even being vaguely reminded of them by another story is enough to make people drop it.

I'll just say it right now: if you honestly enjoyed CED past the first chapter or two as anything except a journey through the dark mind of a disturbed individual, there might be something wrong with you. Unless you're actually in your early teenaged years, in which case having no taste and enjoying characters being painful OOC for the sake of objectification, smut, and revenge-wanking since that's apparently normal among the fanfiction crowd in that demographic. It's the sort of disgusting crap that isn't even good when MST3K'd because there's not much to say except following every other line with "Wow, this is supremely fucked up."
No I didn't really enjoy it, I just got used to the badness in a sort of, when meeting another fucked up thing, I just proclaim "yep, here's another one, that's CED alright". I'm just amazed at the sheer perfection of badness that CED is. It takes a true talent to make something so bad in so many different ways.

I think that's why so many teenage people liked it, honestly - young people whose minds are filled with stuff like classic literature are naturally attracted to stuff like CED because it's different, in a very fundamental way, and people in that age bracket are supremely attracted to things that are different.
._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82289 on: July 31, 2015, 02:31:50 pm »

CED?

No I didn't really enjoy it, I just got used to the badness in a sort of, when meeting another fucked up thing, I just proclaim "yep, here's another one, that's CED alright". I'm just amazed at the sheer perfection of badness that CED is. It takes a true talent to make something so bad in so many different ways.

I think that's why so many teenage people liked it, honestly - young people whose minds are filled with stuff like classic literature are naturally attracted to stuff like CED because it's different, in a very fundamental way, and people in that age bracket are supremely attracted to things that are different.
I'm really wishing that there was an emoticon with a single arched eyebrow and an expression of amused disbelief, because that would just about perfectly capture the expression that just crept across my face.

I'd put forward an alternate explanation, namely that young people who are already attracted to power-fantasy wish-fulfillment stories are going to be equally attracted to even more poorly written and markedly more vile knockoffs of the same. It's no coincidence that PLH did almost the exact same thing with Harry Potter and got pretty much the same set of responses. That one's only less infamous because it didn't drag on as long or delve quite as deep into depravity.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5484 5485 [5486] 5487 5488 ... 11040