Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5402 5403 [5404] 5405 5406 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442837 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81045 on: July 17, 2015, 08:02:49 pm »

I rigged up a thing that takes snapshots of websites and then tries to do text recognition, with the aim of trying to find buttons and information that might be text saved as images (whether to make it pretty or to conceal the information from bots).

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81046 on: July 17, 2015, 08:05:22 pm »

Postcard from Campus Mnvevnflens
I want to study there.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81047 on: July 17, 2015, 08:06:47 pm »

So I'm playing Crusader Kings, and I end up dying what appeared to be randomly. How? I killed me because I was plotting to overthrow me. Somehow.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81048 on: July 17, 2015, 08:10:32 pm »

Insane (lunatic?) characters can totally do that.  Best character trait.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81049 on: July 17, 2015, 08:33:25 pm »

The problem was I wasn't insane. I was actually playing a god modded mode with the ruler creator. I used Ruler Designer Unlocked to give myself every good trait in the game. And I died not five minutes into the game to...self murder?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #81050 on: July 17, 2015, 08:41:49 pm »

So I'm playing Crusader Kings, and I end up dying what appeared to be randomly. How? I killed me because I was plotting to overthrow me. Somehow.

If I remember correctly, there's a bug in at least one version where names aren't removed from lists as they're selected, so when it chooses the perpetrator, that name isn't ruled out when it next chooses the victim, and so on.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81051 on: July 17, 2015, 10:50:33 pm »

http://yvettesbridalformal.p1r8.net/
Don't just link to a creepy looking url without any context. It makes you look like a spambot, or someone who's been hijacked to post phishing links. :I

why do i have to keep telling people this
You're a spambot >:U
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81052 on: July 17, 2015, 11:07:45 pm »

Finished work a few hours early. Couldn't get a ride home from manager like I usually do, since she's on vacation. All three back-up rides couldn't come.

Had to call for a taxi. Nervous as shit to do it.

Also, the break-room's insulation is starting to fall off the ceiling. I have no idea what it is even made of. Looks like carpeting, only on the walls and ceiling.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #81053 on: July 17, 2015, 11:10:38 pm »

They're doing RuneScape ads. In 2015.

Must be a very dedicated playerbase.
They've held on, yeah. When I stopped playing a little while after the graphical overhaul, they were alive and well, and they're still updating the 2007-reboot branch.
Man, that just pushed the nostalgia button. Best fucking thing I ever saw in any MMO I've played. Especially the dude's interview, where he basically said that he exploited it to kill people and got his main account banned because it was funny.

Also, that video was my first experience with Nightwish. But yeah, I remember that video. THE NOSTALGIA.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81054 on: July 17, 2015, 11:48:50 pm »

No, no. "Harry Potter and the Unbuggerable Hedgehog."
That makes no sense. It's a song about an unmotivated hedgehog. Unbuggerable doesn't work there. If anything it almost sounds lewd.

A Wizard's Staff Has A Knob On The End.
The Hedgehog Who Couldn't Be Buggered.
For those who aren't in the private joke party
- Terry Prattchett
- Gytha Ogg.
- Songs.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81055 on: July 17, 2015, 11:51:40 pm »

They're doing RuneScape ads. In 2015.

Must be a very dedicated playerbase.
They've held on, yeah. When I stopped playing a little while after the graphical overhaul, they were alive and well, and they're still updating the 2007-reboot branch.
Man, that just pushed the nostalgia button. Best fucking thing I ever saw in any MMO I've played. Especially the dude's interview, where he basically said that he exploited it to kill people and got his main account banned because it was funny.

Also, that video was my first experience with Nightwish. But yeah, I remember that video. THE NOSTALGIA.
Every time I see a Youtube video from before 2010 I do a double take. 18 and I've already got that "fuck I'm old"  feeling.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81056 on: July 18, 2015, 12:38:37 am »

WHY do I always bite off so much at once

I made two heroes based on Homestuck for Dota 2 over the course of the last month or so.

I then decided to make a gamemode based on Homestuck. Naturally, this means having creeps that when killed give gold as well as dropping grist, which are defined in a separate KV file using its own unique syntax. The grist is done, but now I need to make the creeps and a map to put them on. That is the point I have to get to to actually test what I want to test.

thankfully I have a map done and creeps are easy to make

but still, I decided to go straight from "simple hero" to "full MOBA", which is a bit weird

on the other hand, at least MOBAs are obviously going to be the easiest thing to make in the dota 2 engine

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81057 on: July 18, 2015, 01:22:14 am »

No, no. "Harry Potter and the Unbuggerable Hedgehog."
That makes no sense. It's a song about an unmotivated hedgehog. Unbuggerable doesn't work there. If anything it almost sounds lewd.

A Wizard's Staff Has A Knob On The End.
The Hedgehog Who Couldn't Be Buggered.
For those who aren't in the private joke party
- Terry Prattchett
- Gytha Ogg.
- Songs.
I am fairly sure that the song is implied to be much more lewd than you think.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81058 on: July 18, 2015, 01:26:52 am »

The hedgehog couldn't be buggered because his butt is covered in spikes.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81059 on: July 18, 2015, 01:52:20 am »

No, it's a motivation thing. 'Cos the song goes 'Most of the animals will have a go, but the hedgehog just cannot be buggered at all'
See? It's basically saying that it can't be fucked.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5402 5403 [5404] 5405 5406 ... 11040