Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5400 5401 [5402] 5403 5404 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442940 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81015 on: July 17, 2015, 08:58:45 am »

Are they paying for the overtime?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #81016 on: July 17, 2015, 09:04:08 am »

Chess Boxing
There is a biathlon sport in the Nordic countries where you ski with a rifle between firing ranges trying to score as many points as you can fast as you can. It's called Ampumahiihto (lit. shooting-skiing) in Finnish. My dad has always joked that they should make Ampumapaini (lit. shooting-wrestling) a thing. I guess this is the closest we'll ever get.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81017 on: July 17, 2015, 09:20:06 am »

I used to go on Reddit frequently, but seeing everything that's going down there I just visit r/GlobalOffensive infrequently now.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81018 on: July 17, 2015, 09:39:27 am »

I've lurked on Reddit for a long time but never made an account. I was considering biting the bullet a few months ago but with all the drama now it could either go full Stormfront or SJW hugbox soon, depending on how the new rules are implemented, so I'm gonna pass.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81019 on: July 17, 2015, 09:50:24 am »

Eh, while it would be nice for the people who go on r/coontown to be suddenly kidnapped by aliens and have their neurotoxin tolerance tested, I don't really see why their existence on reddit would reduce my enjoyment of r/writing and r/tf2. I mean, it's not like r/coontown can colonize the subreddits that I follow. Right?

Right?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81020 on: July 17, 2015, 09:51:11 am »

people go to reddit for reasons besides a few very specific subreddits?

* Japa only cares about /r/dwarffortress

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81021 on: July 17, 2015, 09:52:05 am »

people go to reddit for reasons besides a few very specific subreddits?

* Japa only cares about /r/dwarffortress
Well apparently some people are required to look at r/spacedicks and r/coontown and then bitch about how terrible said subreddits are.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81022 on: July 17, 2015, 09:53:09 am »

I... see.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81023 on: July 17, 2015, 09:54:18 am »

Wow, I'm really getting the hang of this formatting thing.

Interesting fact: In the reunion scene at the end of the third film, the only person Frodo doesn't bother to name is Legolas.
Proof.

*NJW200 learned Hyperlink*
One wheel short of a wagon

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81024 on: July 17, 2015, 10:17:29 am »

Eh, while it would be nice for the people who go on r/coontown to be suddenly kidnapped by aliens and have their neurotoxin tolerance tested, I don't really see why their existence on reddit would reduce my enjoyment of r/writing and r/tf2. I mean, it's not like r/coontown can colonize the subreddits that I follow. Right?

Right?
Mmm, I don't know, honestly, why I'm taking this so badly when I have literally never been on Reddit apart from gametales and have never had the slightest semblance of an idea of what Reddit has actually been going through.
Perhaps it could be my disagreements with Reddit basically funding Coontown by way of removing ad revenue? But I didn't have those sentiments before I read someone pointing it out, do I object to it because of my own moral compass or because I believe enough people I think are like me believe in that being a really bad thing?

Perhaps it could be the idea of congratulating killing coloured people? Perhaps it could be (like one or two people have said) the fact that impressionable people without much of a view of the outside world could be radicalised, but does that betray my own idea of humanity and my thoughts of standing as a humanist in the world by thinking that all some (through no fault of their own) ignorant people could be so easily swayed?

Or perhaps (As one poster so eloquently put it) it could simply be the idea that people are aversely affected by what they see, and are afraid of normal people they don't know about because they could be judging them like animals because of their skin colour, but at the same time, it is only a vocal minority.
Yet they are a vocal minority with a dangerous ideal, some posters, while paranoid, do have a point about the next shooting, but again, does that betray my idea of standing as a humanist, thinking humans can be so easily convinced into removing all empathy for one skin colour without having been born sociopaths?

Perhaps I'm rubbing up against the people who speak about free speech, I understand the driving concept behind it but the idea of letting these people go unabated because of an ideal doesn't seem right to me, should people be allowed to speak about privileges without being part of the ethnicity who're receiving the near constant hate and degradation?
I wonder if most of the trouble being stirred up is coming from the hypocrisy in the rules and by extension how most people seem to think that the maker of the big rules post is simply placing these rules down to keep as many people as possible or if this was always there, and this provided a good way to let loose those lingering problems.

See kids, this is why it's so hard to take the high road when talking about ethics and the like.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81026 on: July 17, 2015, 11:08:45 am »

I just realized something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81027 on: July 17, 2015, 11:49:34 am »

http://yvettesbridalformal.p1r8.net/
Don't just link to a creepy looking url without any context. It makes you look like a spambot, or someone who's been hijacked to post phishing links. :I

why do i have to keep telling people this
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #81028 on: July 17, 2015, 11:55:40 am »

I just realized something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't realize being a male virgin over 30 qualifies you to be a wizard these days.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #81029 on: July 17, 2015, 12:15:02 pm »

I think it's only in japan or somethin'. Probably other places, too, though -- it's relatively standard thing in regards to the occult. Not necessarily reaching 30 specifically, but abstinence in general comes up with something approaching regularity.

There's a lot of really odd things out there about seminal control and suchlike, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5400 5401 [5402] 5403 5404 ... 11040