Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5399 5400 [5401] 5402 5403 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442205 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81000 on: July 17, 2015, 04:05:10 am »

Now if Stark did stuff like that, but with mundane objects and it actually worked and had real science behind it, and was done by a secret serviceman and chemist rathere than a guy in a suit...

Okay, I want a MacGyver action film. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
One wheel short of a wagon

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #81001 on: July 17, 2015, 04:43:38 am »

I watched some Death Battle videos involving comic book dudes. I know comic books are unrealistic, but...Iron Man. Some of Tony Stark's comic book feats achieved through "intellect" and "engineering prowess" is basically just comic book magic. A suit built of gold-titanium alloy that can survive anything, like 3 nuclear explosions for example, weighs only 25 pounds despite being a full body suit of powered armor crammed full of weaponry including missiles, lasers, and a magical energy generator that somehow doesn't fry him to a crisp. He made practically a metal macguffin suit with a bag of holding crammed full of weapons. He's said to have made a little flying robot while in prison that was capable of playing audiobooks at a high enough frequency to carve an escape route through solid rock. Using only shit he could get in prison. Fairly certain science and modern technology thrown together couldn't do that no matter how smart you are.

I'm all for unrealistic magical fantasy shit with dragons and wizards but even this shit is too unrealistic.
To be fair if you handed us a magical energy generator that was that compact and powerful enough we could do most of those things (except for the building it in prison part). The biggest limiter to most of our sci-fi technology at this point isn't so much the technology itself, it's how the heck do we power it without having a ginourmous generator on a truck right next to it. Hand us unlimited power in a box the size of two closed fists and things like force-fields and other sci-fi shit isn't really a pipe dream anymore, just a matter of putting in the engineering design work required.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81002 on: July 17, 2015, 04:56:36 am »

Now if we could give one of those to Macgyver...
One wheel short of a wagon

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81003 on: July 17, 2015, 04:58:03 am »

He'd probably build a shoestring, a clock and a chewing gum out of it.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #81004 on: July 17, 2015, 07:02:29 am »

Reverse MacGyver, worst superhero ever.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81005 on: July 17, 2015, 07:20:19 am »

what
These types of content are prohibited [1]:

• Spam
  • Anything illegal (i.e. things that are actually illegal, such as copyrighted material. Discussing illegal activities, such as drug use, is not illegal)
  • Publication of someone’s private and confidential information.
  • Anything that incites harm or violence against an individual or group of people (it's ok to say "I don't like this group of people." It's not ok to say, "I'm going to kill this group of people.")
  • Anything that harasses, bullies, or abuses an individual or group of people (these behaviors intimidate others into silence)[2]
  • Sexually suggestive content featuring minors.
RIP LOGIC

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81006 on: July 17, 2015, 07:30:21 am »

...explain?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81007 on: July 17, 2015, 07:33:40 am »

Plus, that is a world which actually contains lightweight unobtanium.
Is the Iron Man suit made of adamantine?

He'd probably build a shoestring, a clock and a chewing gum out of it.

Want to sig so bad...
But...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81008 on: July 17, 2015, 07:34:43 am »

...explain?

The rules contradict themselves. Anything a particular group finds offensive (such as someone saying "I don't like these people") will be considering bullying or harassing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #81009 on: July 17, 2015, 07:36:38 am »

The rules don't contradict themselves, they're very clear that it's okay to talk about disliking a group but not okay to bully or harass them. You're arguing the rules will be misused.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81010 on: July 17, 2015, 07:37:51 am »

what
These types of content are prohibited [1]:

• Spam
  • Anything illegal (i.e. things that are actually illegal, such as copyrighted material. Discussing illegal activities, such as drug use, is not illegal)
  • Publication of someone’s private and confidential information.
  • Anything that incites harm or violence against an individual or group of people (it's ok to say "I don't like this group of people." It's not ok to say, "I'm going to kill this group of people.")
  • Anything that harasses, bullies, or abuses an individual or group of people (these behaviors intimidate others into silence)[2]
  • Sexually suggestive content featuring minors.
RIP LOGIC
Are you conflating a statement of dislike for a group of people with harassment?
Saying "I don't like the Obama adminstration" =/= harrassing or abusing the Obama administration

Singular statements or a series of statements detailing your beef isn't harassing, bullying, or abuse. Elsewise saying "I dislike your avatar" and going into a point-by-point break down of my issues with it would be considered such. If others parrot my points or came to the same ones independently it would appear to be harassing but that is a severe lack of distinction.
Humans aren't the fucking borg even if our tendancy for group-think does enable it.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81011 on: July 17, 2015, 07:38:15 am »

...explain?

The rules contradict themselves. Anything a particular group finds offensive (such as someone saying "I don't like these people") will be considering bullying or harassing.
Didn't the creator of the thread say that 'saying 'You're an idiot' in an argument isn't harassing, following them around for weeks afterwards telling them they're stupid/ugly/fat/whatever is.'?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81012 on: July 17, 2015, 07:52:19 am »

This is how it's going to be implemented:
Sure. /r/rapingwomen will be banned. They are encouraging people to rape.

/r/coontown will be reclassified. The content there is offensive to many, but does not violate our current rules for banning.
"I hate [group of people] and I enjoy watching them die." versus "I wanna rape and kill [group of people] and I'm sure as hell going to do it."

Some fucking difference from the reader's point of view.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81013 on: July 17, 2015, 08:06:10 am »

Oh, wow.
Oh, wow.
I...
Why did I defend...
I'm tired, I give up, I bloody give up.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81014 on: July 17, 2015, 08:27:18 am »

My job just went from strongly pushing voluntary time off to ordering mandatory overtime so fast that I think I got whiplash.  I still have voluntary time off I scheduled a week ahead of time (which is how we are supposed to do it) for days they are telling us we have to work an hour beyond our regularly scheduled shift.

Edit because a page and a half went by before I could check the thread:
Yes they are paying the overtime, which I suppose is better than many.  I was more just WTF at how the company can go from asking people to take unpaid days off and ignoring benefits hourly limits to saying work moar hours nao.  In the space of half a day.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:22:36 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5399 5400 [5401] 5402 5403 ... 11040