Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5384 5385 [5386] 5387 5388 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449004 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80775 on: July 13, 2015, 05:49:17 pm »

Her coworker usually just hides in the washroom playing on her phone. Occasionally screams for my mom to come into the washroom to look at the funny picture she found on the internet.
... ew.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80776 on: July 13, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »

Even if she wasn't obese, I don't think it would be much different. She doesn't wash her clothes often, if at all, wearing the same stained shirt every day for weeks on end, and her wig is more reminiscent of a rat's nest than actual hair.

She is thoroughly unhygienic in her habits.

That's something I noticed in my college days. Male friends were generally grubby, but more towards the average. Whereas the two downright filthiest people I knew were both women, and the cleanliest people I knew were also women. And you watch those reality shows on hoarders with decades of caked on filth in their houses, and they're mostly women too. Both those girls I knew were flatmates and after kicking one of them out I had to wade through literally knee-deep excrement in her room which had somehow accumulated over a few months. Men generally let things go because they don't prioritize cleaning up, whereas when you get grotty women, it's like they're training for the grotty olympics.

Come to think of it, those two girls were almost all of my sharing flats with college girls experience. Maybe I just had bad luck, idk.

To give you an idea: someone had broken into the house through a window she left often in her room, and they stole stuff plus vandalized stuff. She had a large fishtank in there, which they smashed, leaking green algae-water all through her carpet. Even having algae seeping through her room's contents didn't incentivize her to clean up, and when, months later, I kicked her out there was a goopy liquid layer under all her stuff. That room had strata with groundwater. It was basically an ocean of used plates with moldy food crammed under the bed and under piles of clothes, with a lower layer of water from a fishtank, the whole mess 1 foot deep and wall-to-wall, with her bed was like an island amongst it all.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:00:48 pm by Reelya »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80777 on: July 13, 2015, 06:00:21 pm »

Was she majoring in microbiology :P
One wheel short of a wagon

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80778 on: July 13, 2015, 06:01:02 pm »

... Nursing

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #80779 on: July 13, 2015, 06:06:22 pm »

Wow, ER got weird over the 8 hours I was away. Wonder what it would be like spending a week away, over which you get (ER spoilers)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]
Did you hit "spoiler" twice on accident or if were you trying to nest spoilers?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80780 on: July 13, 2015, 06:23:51 pm »

I just had an Omegle experience where someone claimed to be Ariane Grande. I humoured them and started asking questions about her upcoming album.
Thing is, despite my initial assumption that everyone who claims to be anybody is lying, they didn't really do anything. I am now very internally conflicted as to how I should feel.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80781 on: July 14, 2015, 12:39:36 am »

... Nursing

My guess would have been geology specializing in soils. You described a peat bog pretty well. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #80782 on: July 14, 2015, 01:15:54 am »

JUST realized who Cinder was before they were Cinder. HEYO Objective!

Also I choose to believe the name change was entirely because of that incident in my sigtext
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80783 on: July 14, 2015, 01:22:29 am »

It's so hot in my room I just woke up from a nightmare where I was trapped in a vertical cave tunnel, sealed at the top, with lava (and it was lava, because it had entered this cave from the outside and then rose up) rising from below. I don't recall the distinct sensation of burning skin to be very common in my nightmares. Anyway, I woke myself out of it when I realized that it didn't quite make sense and immediately had ice cream at 2 AM.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80784 on: July 14, 2015, 01:33:00 am »

Has anyone felt like a setting is extremely elitist?

Like a children's show where ONLY the friendship of the main characters matter and when they break up apparently ALL friendship in the world just stops?

Or where ONLY their rather tenuous friendship, at the best of times, is powerful enough to do what thousands or millions of others failed to do because apparently they didn't want it enough?

I guess elite might not be the only term for it... I guess... incredibly small. That in spite there being an entire world out there... it is like the universe only exists for the main characters and anything that takes place outside their immediate surroundings is just set dressing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:37:11 am by Neonivek »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80785 on: July 14, 2015, 01:33:51 am »

It's so hot in my room I just woke up from a nightmare where I was trapped in a vertical cave tunnel, sealed at the top, with lava (and it was lava, because it had entered this cave from the outside and then rose up) rising from below. I don't recall the distinct sensation of burning skin to be very common in my nightmares. Anyway, I woke myself out of it when I realized that it didn't quite make sense and immediately had ice cream at 2 AM.
Good call on the icecream. Can't think of a better solution to nightmares involving burning to death.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #80786 on: July 14, 2015, 01:37:53 am »

Has anyone felt like a setting is extremely elitist?

Like a children's show where ONLY the friendship of the main characters matter and when they break up apparently ALL friendship in the world just stops?

Or where ONLY their rather tenuous friendship, at the best of times, is powerful enough to do what thousands or millions of others failed to do because apparently they didn't want it enough?
I think the word you're looking for is "self-centered".  That or "anime stupidity".  I swear, friendship is the theme anime writers go for when they have nothing to say.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #80787 on: July 14, 2015, 02:28:31 am »

Some poking around lead me to finding out about some... Phobos-2015 thing that existed for gzdoom. On it's face it seemed to be a texture pack.

That was... The most stupid thing I have ever loaded into my gzdoom. Stupid over busy practically all black and grey textures, maps defanged so badly even on high difficultys thanks to a really minimalist random spawner and super weak monsters, really stupid sound effects. Just...

It made doom feel like a cheap knockoff in the worst way possible. Like steam greenlight or xbox indie games level knockoff. That was a VERY unpleasant experience.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80788 on: July 14, 2015, 02:33:31 am »

I kind of realized something...

I've seen a lot of fiction on half-angel half-demon things...

But what that almost ALWAYS amounts to is just some angsty child/teen/adult rather than someone who is legitimately torn because of their genes.

In fact... it is rare that fiction actually pulls it off in other forms as well. Belana Torres from Voyager for example, just felt like a rather violent woman rather then her "Klingon" genes seemed to drive her to violence.

Yes, but for a variety of reasons, voyager was also terribly written.  ALL of the characters delved into tropes relativity quick.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80789 on: July 14, 2015, 02:37:35 am »

Some poking around lead me to finding out about some... Phobos-2015 thing that existed for gzdoom. On it's face it seemed to be a texture pack.

That was... The most stupid thing I have ever loaded into my gzdoom. Stupid over busy practically all black and grey textures, maps defanged so badly even on high difficultys thanks to a really minimalist random spawner and super weak monsters, really stupid sound effects. Just...

It made doom feel like a cheap knockoff in the worst way possible. Like steam greenlight or xbox indie games level knockoff. That was a VERY unpleasant experience.
What would Doom be if not for shitty mods? Such is life.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 5384 5385 [5386] 5387 5388 ... 11040