Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5369 5370 [5371] 5372 5373 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449428 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80550 on: July 10, 2015, 02:47:29 pm »

There comes a point you can't tell if peoples posts are genuine Internet outrage or mocking Internet outrage.

We've reached peak sarcasm.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #80551 on: July 10, 2015, 02:52:11 pm »

More seriously though, what are you trying to say, about arguing about things they don't understand not existing?
That this keeps coming up on this forum.  Probably on other forums too but I mainly hang out here.

Read the first paragraph of the wikipedia page on cultural appropriation and then read the last paragraph of Shazbot's post.  He clearly has no idea what the words even mean and yet he's so confident that the concept is silly and false.

90% of why I get in internet arguments on this forum is this one stupid thing.  Usually its with feminism.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80552 on: July 10, 2015, 03:19:56 pm »

Read the first paragraph of the wikipedia page on cultural appropriation and then read the last paragraph of Shazbot's post.  He clearly has no idea what the words even mean and yet he's so confident that the concept is silly and false.
I got the impression that Shaz was being sarcastic there...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80553 on: July 10, 2015, 03:20:42 pm »

There comes a point you can't tell if peoples posts are genuine Internet outrage or mocking Internet outrage.
I just assume everyone on B12 is doing the latter. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80554 on: July 10, 2015, 03:25:42 pm »

I got the impression that Shaz was being sarcastic there...
Being sarcastic /= not trying to make a point.

He was trying to make the point that cultural assimilation was silly, or not valid as a concept, or however you want to word that.

Ok, your boss comes into work and tells you to do one thing, you tell them that another manager told you to do another thing.  Your boss tells you to just do both.  "OK," you say, "I'll just do 20 hours of work in the 8 hours I'm here".  You're being sarcastic, but you're still trying to say something.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80555 on: July 10, 2015, 03:35:04 pm »

He was trying to make the point that cultural assimilation was silly, or not valid as a concept, or however you want to word that.
How about; some people use it in batshit crazy stupid silly ways that makes them look like idiots?
Because that is what was being discussed, if I didn't miss post or two...

It would cut down the number of internet arguments if people didn't just generalize everything to extreme examples.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #80556 on: July 10, 2015, 03:37:40 pm »

We've reached peak sarcasm.
No, we "haven't."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #80557 on: July 10, 2015, 03:38:43 pm »

It would cut down the number of internet arguments if people didn't just generalize everything to extreme examples.

But that would require... You know. Critical thinking and problem solving skills.

Way to exclude 2/3rds of the internet guys. /s 

Only, you know, it's actually true
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #80558 on: July 10, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »

Gunner-chan, where is your avatar from? I want it. :v
Which one, it's a rotation. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80559 on: July 10, 2015, 03:44:32 pm »

what's culture got in it to make it worth defending against assimilation anyway

at this point it's all post-ironic shitposting, a stew of words reheated with a shit-eating grin on our faces and smugness filling our hearts as we're as artsy and pretentious as a bag of spaghettios surgically sewed into some poor guy's lower intestine

not worth defending unless you have literally nothing better to do with your life (or really like your shit-eating grin, i guess)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80560 on: July 10, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »

How about; some people use it in batshit crazy stupid silly ways that makes them look like idiots?
Because that is what was being discussed, if I didn't miss post or two...
No, I was attempting to participate in a discussion and the popcorn people came out and decided it should be a discussion about English 101 and shitposts.  That's what was going on.

Whatever, I'm tired of this and the post I was actually responding to is going to be pushed more and more back.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80561 on: July 10, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »

May also cut down the frequency of arguments if we weren't all so utterly devoted to lashing out at one another for every minor incident.

No such thing as "live and let live," its all "rip that fuckers guts out how dare he be "wrong"!"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80562 on: July 10, 2015, 03:49:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

what if i told you that yours is a shitpost

i'm going to spoiler you though, hit and run shitposting is what i got muted for so get your act together

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80563 on: July 10, 2015, 03:50:44 pm »

Joke's on you, I've never gotten so much as a finger shake from Toady.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80564 on: July 10, 2015, 03:52:25 pm »

well i'm about as friendly as possible right now in saying that may be subject to change based on market conditions m8

do with that as you will
Pages: 1 ... 5369 5370 [5371] 5372 5373 ... 11040