Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5347 5348 [5349] 5350 5351 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449839 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80220 on: July 04, 2015, 10:18:42 am »

Welp, I just frontpaged reddit (in a non-default sub) with OC. I didn't even think it was that funny.

Have I completed a life goal or something?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80221 on: July 04, 2015, 10:31:12 am »

Welp, I just frontpaged reddit (in a non-default sub) with OC. I didn't even think it was that funny.

Yes, unless it's Ellen Pao or Victoria-related, in which case you just posted it at the right time and it doesn't count.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80222 on: July 04, 2015, 10:33:37 am »

Yes, unless it's Ellen Pao or Victoria-related, in which case you just posted it at the right time and it doesn't count.

It is not.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80223 on: July 04, 2015, 11:23:11 am »

What, a 13kpx X 13kpx image is too much for you? ;)  (And the sad part, is that is AFTER I scaled it down to .75in on each side instead of the full 1in he asked for.)

I dont think he realized how big the grid would be.

(IMHO, the vector image version would have been far superior. Less memory needed to open, easier to scale. Prints better.)

What I intend to use it for can't handle vector images. This is what I needed.

I hope it works for you.

I am quite good with that CAD package, and can create tessellated grids in any tessellating shape with just 3 or so operations. (Make shape, "rectangular pattern" with two directions defined by shape axes, repeat as needed)

The hard part was getting a suitable raster image out. My options from my cad software are... limited. .TIFF (uncompressed) and .jpg(HORRIBLE ARTIFACTS).  The TIFF of that thing was 1.6GB in size.  It was on the upper end of what my cad software can output. Had to poke the sheet size a little to get it to output.

Loading the TIFF in paint.net about brought paint.net to its knees. Got it saved as a PNG though.

I presume you are trying to make a map for a tabletop game?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80224 on: July 04, 2015, 11:30:55 am »

Well, I suppose I know what TIFF is for now. With that sort of absurd filesize, is it some sort of lesser-known relative of .bmp?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80225 on: July 04, 2015, 11:38:30 am »

I'm pretty sure TIFF is uncompressed?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80226 on: July 04, 2015, 11:38:59 am »

Yes and no.

It stands for Tagged Image File Format.

It is actually a container format that can contain several different data types, including some vector image formats, like .EMF and .WMF.  Usually it contains lossless compressed raster images or uncompressed raster images. It's been around since the 80s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagged_Image_File_Format

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80227 on: July 04, 2015, 02:55:46 pm »

The point with TIFF, introduced in 1986, was that it was a cross-platform graphics standard, which replaced existing scanner manufacturer's file formats - where every manufacturer had their own personal file format.

BMP also came in in 1986, and GIF in 1987, but they were proprietary standards, i.e. only used by one set of apps or one operating system. TIFF is one of the oldest cross-platform graphics standards, and directly supported by a large percentage of scanning and digital photography equipment manufactured in the last 30 years, so pretty much everything supports it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80228 on: July 04, 2015, 02:59:43 pm »

This discussion reminds me of the time when pressing a specific F-button in Minecraft would save a blank TIFF-image several megabytes in size to your hard drive.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80229 on: July 04, 2015, 03:25:03 pm »

Grandfather has somehow managed to get an entire rug stick in the lawnmower blades.

Now I get to pull it out. At least it's only 85 out there...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80230 on: July 04, 2015, 03:31:35 pm »

This discussion reminds me of the time when pressing a specific F-button in Minecraft would save a blank TIFF-image several megabytes in size to your hard drive.
Luckily, Notch changed it to a more reasonable format (png or whatever) after the hard drive manufacturing industry exploded.

Grandfather has somehow managed to get an entire rug stick in the lawnmower blades.

Your family is amazing, Frumple.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #80231 on: July 04, 2015, 03:34:06 pm »

I presume you are trying to make a map for a tabletop game?

Precisely, and it isn't going to be printed- I'll be loading it into a (local) Maptool session.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80232 on: July 04, 2015, 04:17:07 pm »

Got Sonic Adventure 2 for PC. The game is quite loud when I start playing it, so I plug in my USB headphones. The music starts playing just fine through my headphones, but everything else (sound effects, voices, etc) keeps coming through the speakers on my laptop. :-\
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #80233 on: July 04, 2015, 04:20:54 pm »

Check if you have a weird "Monoboost" setting on your laptops volume control. Mine has that
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80234 on: July 04, 2015, 04:46:03 pm »

It's probably in there somewhere. I had to go like, ten layers deep in graphics options just to turn off the stupid adaptive brightness setting, a journey which included two AMD programs, the control panel and some sort of HP power management tool. I hate how stupid and complicated computer settings are nowadays.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 5347 5348 [5349] 5350 5351 ... 11040