Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5343 5344 [5345] 5346 5347 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452393 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80160 on: July 02, 2015, 08:01:17 pm »

People are calling the new Fire Emblem game homophobic because of extremely misinterpreted dialog.

That translation is wrong, too.

Just wait for the actual translation, goddamn.

I love the fact that people are like "DUMB TUMBLR PEOPLE LISTENING AND BELIEVING A SINGLE TUMBLR POST" then immediately believing the first Reddit post that disagrees with it.
When given the choice of rushing to attack based off of ill information and maintaining neutral in preparation for more information the latter is the far more reasonable course of action and will lead to the former more often being characterized in all caps as OMG I LITERALLY CANT EVEN LIKE WOW THIS GAME IS LITERALLY OMG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80161 on: July 02, 2015, 08:25:28 pm »

Akaribot why
... shove one where?

Also, if that was automatically generated or somethin', it did a pretty good job of actually having a rake head (if not a whole rake) in the picture. That's some attention to detail!

E: Also, that job search RSS. What the hell is an "Indian Self Determination Officer"? Actually reading through the full details and I... still don't know what the hell it is. The job summary is a tiny promotion spiel for the bureau of indian affairs rather than anything about the job itself, and the rest of it is kinda' vague.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:36:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80162 on: July 02, 2015, 09:11:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akaribot why

Because someone out there needs a rusty rake up their ass.

There's always at least one of them in the world.

Also, it's been 8 hours since I got out of the lake, but I still can't smell anything but lakewater!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:12:47 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #80163 on: July 02, 2015, 09:18:08 pm »

People are calling the new Fire Emblem game homophobic because of extremely misinterpreted dialog.

That translation is wrong, too.

Just wait for the actual translation, goddamn.

I love the fact that people are like "DUMB TUMBLR PEOPLE LISTENING AND BELIEVING A SINGLE TUMBLR POST" then immediately believing the first Reddit post that disagrees with it.
When given the choice of rushing to attack based off of ill information and maintaining neutral in preparation for more information the latter is the far more reasonable course of action and will lead to the former more often being characterized in all caps as OMG I LITERALLY CANT EVEN LIKE WOW THIS GAME IS LITERALLY OMG

LW between miroslavs and this you are quickly becoming my favourite

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80164 on: July 02, 2015, 11:05:33 pm »

TIL President Obama smokes two or three Marlboro Reds most days, and occasionally more.

I mean, I don't really care that he smokes, but it's just kinda funny. I guess I'm kinda glad he doesn't smoke some pretentious shit, just regular ol' $6 Marlboros you can pick up at any gas station in America.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80165 on: July 03, 2015, 12:07:49 am »

So Red Orchestra 2 has been sitting in my steam library, untested for a while and I decided to try it.  And...

Ok, can we talk about this?  You're a soldier in a war zone, you hear a whizz.  Unbeknownst to you, a bullet just flew by about 12 inches from your head.  But its not a tracer so you don't see it, and it didn't hit anything nearby so you don't hear a ricochet.  All you hear was the sound of a bullet, in a noisy war zone.  You know it was sort of close to you, but you don't know how close.  You don't even know which side fired it.  You're a real life soldier.  What do you do?

According to the devs for this game, you stop moving, give up all hope, and start hyperventilating.  Your vision goes red.  You can't aim.  You can't think.  OH GOD A WHIZZING SOUND, WHAT WILL I DO!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, that mechanic is annoying.

But it's fucking nothing in comparison to never being able to play anything except Rifleman because the same group of people who load maps a little bit faster than everyone else fill all the limited slots all match, every match.
SSD Master Race.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:17:13 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80166 on: July 03, 2015, 12:18:01 am »

Well, this is rather odd. My internet is being spotty and Bay12 seems to be the only thing that loads. ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80167 on: July 03, 2015, 12:19:04 am »

Happens to me all the time.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80168 on: July 03, 2015, 12:19:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80170 on: July 03, 2015, 02:34:28 am »

You provoked them with your imperialist rhetoric.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80171 on: July 03, 2015, 02:45:22 am »

The only thing I really remember about Skyrim any more is catboy bandits running at me shouting, "Skyrim belongs to the Noooooooords!"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80172 on: July 03, 2015, 03:33:52 am »

I recently started playing again.  I'll apparently "Make a fine rug, cat."
Frick, I thought the speceism was bad when I was playing a Bosmer.  Who are practically ignored/accepted.  Khajiit, Dunmer, Argonians and even Altmer have it so much worse.

I guess nobody wants to mess with the best stealth archers, or Nords are impressed by brutal carnivores.  But as a Khajiit, I can't justify joining the Stormcloaks without resorting to "lol riot fight the powah".  The Nords are openly xenophobic, except instead of fear they're just casually hostile and isolationist.  It's sorta justified I guess, and the Thalmor are monsters, but yeesh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #80173 on: July 03, 2015, 03:52:34 am »

I recently started playing again.  I'll apparently "Make a fine rug, cat."
Frick, I thought the speceism was bad when I was playing a Bosmer.  Who are practically ignored/accepted.  Khajiit, Dunmer, Argonians and even Altmer have it so much worse.

I guess nobody wants to mess with the best stealth archers, or Nords are impressed by brutal carnivores.  But as a Khajiit, I can't justify joining the Stormcloaks without resorting to "lol riot fight the powah".  The Nords are openly xenophobic, except instead of fear they're just casually hostile and isolationist.  It's sorta justified I guess, and the Thalmor are monsters, but yeesh.
Inb4 Skyrim politics discussion derail.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80174 on: July 03, 2015, 04:38:52 am »

I was a proud, patriotic pro-Stormcloak Orsimer who had killed over 3000 Thalmor scum and knew the necessity of war and supported all military decisions made by the High King.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 5343 5344 [5345] 5346 5347 ... 11040