Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5336 5337 [5338] 5339 5340 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456602 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80055 on: June 30, 2015, 04:14:53 am »

It's one of the things I've noticed while working in a fast-food place; it's always more cost-effective to spend more money, so you feel like you're being ripped off unless you spend an extra fifty cents or another dollar for the next size up. Very sneaky.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:19:18 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #80056 on: June 30, 2015, 05:03:54 am »

Yep, it's been tested by psychologists. If a small drink costs 2 €, a medium one 3,50 € and a large one 4 €, almost nobody will buy the medium one, even if it would be more cost-effective than the large one.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80057 on: June 30, 2015, 06:43:59 am »

I just realised Gwar-B-Q is happening whilst I'm going to be in the US.
I mean, it's on the other side of the country from where I'm starting out, but... holy shit that would be amazing to go to. A pilgrimage for sure.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #80059 on: June 30, 2015, 08:31:19 am »

It's one of the things I've noticed while working in a fast-food place; it's always more cost-effective to spend more money, so you feel like you're being ripped off unless you spend an extra fifty cents or another dollar for the next size up. Very sneaky.

I mean, that's a well known practice. I suppose it could be compared to a bulk discount, as they need to manufacture cups and stock them. Those pennies add up. I would have more to say on financial wisdom, but I'm 14 and I shouldn't try to be smart on the internet right now.

Yep, it's been tested by psychologists. If a small drink costs 2 €, a medium one 3,50 € and a large one 4 €, almost nobody will buy the medium one, even if it would be more cost-effective than the large one.

Did the experiment include what the cup capacity was?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80060 on: June 30, 2015, 08:56:35 am »

I would have more to say on financial wisdom, but I'm 14 and I shouldn't try to be smart on the internet right now.

ladies i have seen a lot of shit in my life yet this is my wtf for the day

i'm not sure if i should congratulate you or encourage you to ignore that part of your post

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80061 on: June 30, 2015, 09:48:33 am »

Did the experiment include what the cup capacity was?
This bullshit right here.

small= small
medium= somewhat small
large= fuckhuge
xlarge= the carseat is a cupholder.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80062 on: June 30, 2015, 12:12:08 pm »

I was cooking a hamburger today and picked up a spatula to cook.  The dog follows me around everywhere but hasn't seen me cook anything stovetop thus far.  The moment she saw me holding the spatula she suddenly cowered away from me with her tail between her legs like I was gunna hit her.  Like immediately went to the ground.

She's a rescued shelter dog so I imagine she wasn't the best treated in the past, but wtf, who treats their dog that badly that a spatula causes such a terrified response?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80063 on: June 30, 2015, 12:14:50 pm »

You would be surprised.

You see similar behavior in abused horses actually, but then it is with things like buggy whips. Had a horse that would would run to her stall and shake after even SEEING a buggy whip.  Poor thing.

(Note, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HIT THE HORSES WITH THE BUGGY WHIP. It's just supposed to pop over the top of their heads as a signal to go.)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80064 on: June 30, 2015, 01:16:12 pm »

I was cooking a hamburger today and picked up a spatula to cook.  The dog follows me around everywhere but hasn't seen me cook anything stovetop thus far.  The moment she saw me holding the spatula she suddenly cowered away from me with her tail between her legs like I was gunna hit her.  Like immediately went to the ground.

She's a rescued shelter dog so I imagine she wasn't the best treated in the past, but wtf, who treats their dog that badly that a spatula causes such a terrified response?

Aw, that is sad.  Maybe smear it in bacon grease and let her lick it?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80065 on: June 30, 2015, 01:19:25 pm »

Put it on the ground with some food on it.  Let her come to it on her own?  When its not in somebody's hands?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80066 on: June 30, 2015, 01:49:03 pm »

Pet her and tell her its okay. Just reassuring her, without encouraging her to go near the spatula (You especially don't want her associating kitchenware directly with food, or she might decide to chew it all up or something when you're not looking), can help. My puppy was the same way when she first came home, scared anyone looking at her was going to beat her, scared of anyone holding something in their hands. She's doing better now. Except for the chewing everything up, killing chickens, etc when nobody's watching, she's effectively a perfect little not-anxious angel.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80067 on: June 30, 2015, 02:03:13 pm »

I thought the potions worked the same way as scrolls, but apparently, they don't.

Damn those crafty coders, now I have to wait until my Druid gets Master Alchemy degree to start making the alchemical super-doping!
._.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80068 on: June 30, 2015, 03:26:18 pm »

I did end up putting the spatula down and hugged her and gave her tummy rubs before posting. She was happy again immediately after but she seems more wary of the kitchen now.  When I picked the spatula back up to finish cooking she just went around the corner, and poked her head around so she could still see me. I just sat down and petted her between burger flips.

As an aside, this time the burgers were much better done.  I think the little happy little tree may have done the trick.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80069 on: June 30, 2015, 03:37:54 pm »

Oh good.  I feel better now.

(Got to stop living life precariously though other peoples dogs...)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 5336 5337 [5338] 5339 5340 ... 11040