Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5311 5312 [5313] 5314 5315 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467270 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79680 on: June 24, 2015, 10:15:11 am »

Gotcha. Won't say any further.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79681 on: June 24, 2015, 10:21:06 am »

Even for Abandonware?  That sucks.

Man I would kill for a game like Castles.
Tried to DOSBOX it, but  CD-key + 5th page, 4th line, 3rd word.
DRM was better then than it is now.
I only played a little of Castles 1, it seemed inferior to Castles 2.  Which...  I now have a hankering to go replay a bit.

It still had the ability to custom-build castles, and the tactics of infantry/archers/knights, but the strategic game was surprisingly good.  The diplomacy system was actually better than Civilization/Master of Orion.  If only because of the Pope's influence, and the Lords didn't randomly declare war for literally no reason.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79682 on: June 24, 2015, 12:33:13 pm »

I just liked the custom build castles part.
I liked that it took a winter to put up a section of wall.

No modern games keep that..
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79683 on: June 24, 2015, 12:35:29 pm »

Putting up a big wall takes a pretty long time in DF, especially if you need scaffolding too (which you will).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79684 on: June 24, 2015, 12:35:39 pm »

Modern gamers dont have the patience. They want instant gratification.  What do you think the major allure is with Freemium and "Free to play" (with in app purchases) are all about?

It certainly isnt about the challenge of the game. It's about the endorphins from "winning".

RE:DF scaffolding

Not if you make the wall double thick, and do it correctly.  Of course, getting Urist McDumbass to do it in the correct order is mostly impossible unless you purposefully suspend your construction orders to FORCE the issue for him.

But that's part of the challenge with DF. :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:37:19 pm by wierd »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #79685 on: June 24, 2015, 12:37:23 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is my favourite game for that reason.

Perhaps this is a betrayal, but Minecraft is my second favourite, because you can make it as challenging as you like.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79686 on: June 24, 2015, 12:43:16 pm »

Woo woo megapwojekts.
I like minecraft- love online multiplayer- but the last server I played on the admin kinda abused their item-spawning privs, and it killed my buzz a little.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #79687 on: June 24, 2015, 12:47:35 pm »

Modern gamers dont have the patience. They want instant gratification.  What do you think the major allure is with Freemium and "Free to play" (with in app purchases) are all about?

It certainly isnt about the challenge of the game. It's about the endorphins from "winning".

Not if you make the wall double thick, and do it correctly.  Of course, getting Urist McDumbass to do it in the correct order is mostly impossible unless you purposefully suspend your construction orders to FORCE the issue for him.

Well, if you know it's built on a last-in first-out system, it's pretty simple. You just need all the resources immediately on hand.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79688 on: June 24, 2015, 12:48:02 pm »

MC, hmm? I used to be so into it, but servers I wasted time on a little, while I never started small enough w/ worldedit to megaproject well.

Should try a little more, than that I think more clearly, faster, and can plan better, especially with the customisable worlds: the one thing keeping me interested for a bit.
One wheel short of a wagon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79689 on: June 24, 2015, 12:50:40 pm »

Well, if you know it's built on a last-in first-out system, it's pretty simple. You just need all the resources immediately on hand.

Not if you have more than one mason.  The order becomes unpredictable when they are mismatched on hauling speed. Urist may construct his section of wall before Ducim gets there to do his, leaving a hole in the wall, and a job cancellation.

You circumvent this by ordering the double thick wall constructed, then suspending the whole wall's construction except for the last two wall positions. Then you re-enable 2 at a time as needed.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79690 on: June 24, 2015, 12:54:26 pm »

I've built a spire of Armok in my current fort, a dark-souls-ish (as I imagine it) irregular warren/ruin pointing upwards in a steepsharp cone, falling away eventually to nothing but a skeleton then a spike, covered in dust and fallen blocks and the blood of gorlaks.

I actually just tried to build a cylindrical tower with floors and a central staircase, but my Dwarves had other ideas about what is natural.
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79691 on: June 24, 2015, 01:21:35 pm »

so I just figured out that the default amount of embark point is no longer ~1300.  Le sigh.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79692 on: June 24, 2015, 01:23:03 pm »

I'm currently building a spiral shaped castle thing in a desert. Hopefuly adding minimun of 100 overworld Z levels to every site doesnt lag the game too much :v

To stay on topic:
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #79693 on: June 24, 2015, 01:36:30 pm »

I build dank Dorf Forts with scaffolding incorporated into the superstructure, a walkway always serves as a walkway and if you really want to you can destroy all of them with cave ins

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79694 on: June 24, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »

real dorfs build Dorf Cubes, mystical 3D constructs entirely composed of up-down stairs
._.
Pages: 1 ... 5311 5312 [5313] 5314 5315 ... 11037